Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 07-10-2006, 08:38 PM   #1
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Default Add Bonzi and Harrington

How come teams, including Pacers, are taking so long to act on Bonzi and Harrington??? If Pacers can sign both of them, they would have an insane lineup next season:

Tinsely/Johnson/Sarunas
Bonzi/Jones
Granger/Daniels
Harrington/Foster
Oneal/Harrison
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:30 PM   #2
scipio
I hit open 5-footers

Well, at this point it looks like we'll be lucky to get one of those two. Harrington looks like he's going to the Warriors, and even if that falls through we'd still need to figure out a sign and trade for him (since I doubt he settles for the MLE). I'd imagine Bonzi will resign with Sacramento, but it's still up in the air. Unfortunately, we've only got the MLE to offer, and I doubt that that is enough.

If we were able to add both those guys, we'd definitely be back in the hunt to a certain extent. However, I would rather see the Pacers pursue other options.

In my mind, the Pacers' biggest needs are a go to scorer to complement JO (it's unlikely that we'll fill this need this offseason or any time soon really), a good outside shooter (obviously we lost Peja, and Sarunas did not work last season, though I'm still hopeful), and a good big man to pair with Jermaine. I think the last need is the one we can most easily fill. Kenyon Martin is availiable, but I doubt the Simons want to pay his huge remaining contract. Troy Murphy might work as well, though I don't know if the Warriors are willing to move him. Maybe Magloire, but he's a free agent next year and I can't see us paying him as much as he wants.

So, I'd like to see a Pacers lineup like this (assuming we trade Tinsley and Jackson for K-Mart)

AJ/Sarunas
Daniels/Fred Jones?/James White
Granger/Williams
K-Mart
JO/Foster/Harrison

I think that would be a very good defensive team. It would struggle at times offensively (much like the Pacers do now).
scipio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:36 PM   #3
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

i dont like K-Mart, we dont need another injury prone player...Troy Murphy would be good though...i still would rather have Al Harrington over both of them..i dont think he'll sign with Golden State, Harrington was saying that he wants to be in a winning environment, i dont see that in Golden State, theres a better chance Indy will have that winning environment over Golden State...also, what is MLE?
Old 07-10-2006, 10:24 PM   #4
scipio
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
i dont like K-Mart, we dont need another injury prone player

That's a good point. I had not thought of that.

Quote:
i still would rather have Al Harrington over both of them..i dont think he'll sign with Golden State, Harrington was saying that he wants to be in a winning environment, i dont see that in Golden State, theres a better chance Indy will have that winning environment over Golden State

Harrington would be all right, but I see him playing a role very similar to Granger. He would also probably take playing time from Granger. Al is a little on the small side for a power forward, and I would rather see us get a big guy who can rebound and defend well.

The MLE is the mid level exception. It's the maximum contract teams over the salary cap can offer to free agents they are pursuing. I believe it's something between 4 and 5 million dollars this offseason.
scipio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:50 PM   #5
hoosierhoops
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default What's the story with Zach Randolph?

I heard through the rumor mill some time ago that the Pacers were looking at him as a possible pick up for this off-season. Anyone know if that is still a possiblilty?
hoosierhoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 02:48 PM   #6
marny_navis
Banned

No way should you get Bonzi Wells and Al Harrington. Then you would be the New York Knicks of swingmen.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 09:24 PM   #7
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
No way should you get Bonzi Wells and Al Harrington. Then you would be the New York Knicks of swingmen.
not really, Harrington can also play PF and if Wells came in then Jackson and Sarunas would probably be on their way out, which would leave about 4 or 5 swing men ... thats not bad
Old 07-22-2006, 08:52 AM   #8
Czar
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
How come teams, including Pacers, are taking so long to act on Bonzi and Harrington??? If Pacers can sign both of them, they would have an insane lineup next season:

Tinsely/Johnson/Sarunas
Bonzi/Jones
Granger/Daniels
Harrington/Foster
Oneal/Harrison

What happened to Jackson?
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 03:19 PM   #9
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

They wont get both, but they will probably end up with Harrington.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: