Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-27-2007, 03:44 AM   #16
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Lebron to play for US team this Summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh
Please, he had a FG% of .504. Oh and from 3 point range he was .440%. You have a problem with those numbers? Well your plain stupid then.
Wasn't LeBron close to 60% from the field for the entire tournament? I mean... if you want to throw around numbers...
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 03:46 AM   #17
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Wasn't LeBron close to 60% from the field for the entire tournament? I mean... if you want to throw around numbers...

Yes, but thats not my point.

My point is that having a problem with Melo shooting is pretty stupid when his numbers are that good.
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 03:49 AM   #18
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh
Yes, but thats not my point.

My point is that having a problem with Melo shooting is pretty stupid when his numbers are that good.
Then, by using your own logic, isn't having a problem with LeBron on the team (considering his numbers) just as stupid?

As a Cavalier fan, I'm not happy with his decision. But, I have to at those thinking this is a bad thing for Team USA.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:09 AM   #19
Darsh
Good college starter

Quote:
Then, by using your own logic, isn't having a problem with LeBron on the team (considering his numbers) just as stupid?

I understand your point, and i know its unfair for me to throw numbers around when Lebron has good numbers, yet i sit here saying i dont want him on the team. However, its undeniable that Melo was .440 from 3 point range, and Lebron was .333. Thats pretty significant in a game that relies much more heavily on 3 point shooting.

Besides, Im positive i havnt complained at all about his shooting anyway. Furthermore, I think people are too quick to critisize his jumpshot, its honestly not that bad.

Quote:
As a Cavalier fan, I'm not happy with his decision. But, I have to at those thinking this is a bad thing for Team USA.

With that in mind, i dont think Lebron on the US team is completely horrible, but i just think there are better options.

Put a guy like Joe Johnson out there instead who is a good passer and a terrific shooter. Lebron is a great player, but on a team with guys who are used to getting their fair share of the ball, having a guy like lebron isnt ideal because he needs the ball in order to be effective. Particularly now that the US squad has Billups, Kidd and Deron at their service. Let them be the distributers, they're the cream of the crop in the NBA, and Lebron has never been on a team where he wasnt relied on to control the ball.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:37 AM   #20
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Lebron had a lot of fast break points, dunks, layups, a lot of stuff around the basket. That also attributed to his high fg%.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:28 AM   #21
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Lebron had a lot of fast break points, dunks, layups, a lot of stuff around the basket. That also attributed to his high fg%.

And? So what? Now this is a pissing contest to see who can shoot further? 60% is greater than 52%. If you're not good with math, that means we score more points.

Dunks, Layups, and "a lot of stuff around the basket" are a lot higher percentage shots than the trash I saw Anthony throwing up in the four games I watched.

And yeah, maybe Melo shot 52 and 44, but it's an AVERAGE. You can shoot yourself in and out of games.

I want to see your statistics for his number of shot attempts vs. some of the other players.

And Joe Johnson was on that team that got the bronze medal, and often alternated with Melo and Lebron, so I dunno what you guys are smoking talking about putting Johnson on the team will help it.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:28 AM   #22
Mathius

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

In any case, you all missed the point, that Melo is NOT on that list you posted, Darsh.

Mathius
Old 06-27-2007, 09:32 AM   #23
Skyscraper
Local High School Star

Skyscraper is a pretty well-respected posterSkyscraper is a pretty well-respected posterSkyscraper is a pretty well-respected poster

Lebron's role on the team needs to be the guy who plays the passing lanes and runs the break with Jason Kidd. for half court offense and shooting, give the ball to Melo or kobe

roles must be very clear. no one should be trying to take over except for Kobe
Skyscraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:46 AM   #24
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscraper

Are you kidding me?

Mathius
Old 06-27-2007, 09:53 AM   #25
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscraper
Lebron's role on the team needs to be the guy who plays the passing lanes and runs the break with Jason Kidd. for half court offense and shooting, give the ball to Melo or kobe

KObe's role in the team needs to be the guy coming off the bench and provide the veteran leadership for team USA.

Kobe Ballhogging the ball would not win any Gold Medal for Team USA.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 06-27-2007 at 09:56 AM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:03 AM   #26
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
KObe's role in the team needs to be the guy coming off the bench and provide the veteran leadership for team USA.

Kobe Ballhogging the ball would not win any Gold Medal for Team USA.
lol
No way he comes off the bench.
As for the ballhogging part, Kobe will respect Kidd's playmaking ability.

BTW, Melo was team USA's best player during the world championships, he was the only one who could hit a shot consistently.

Quote:
Nothing funny. Tyson Chandler can grab about 12 rpg, along with 1.8 bpg. Could give the team 15 ppg, after he started to get double digits.
Am I the only one who finds this incredibly retarded? Are the opposing team players gonna play with their hands tied or what?
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:10 AM   #27
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Nice to see LeBron honor his commitment.

Sadly, his overall lack of basketball understanding makes him largely ineffective for large parts of games played with FIBA rules/coaching philosophies.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:17 AM   #28
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Nice to see LeBron honor his commitment.

Sadly, his overall lack of basketball understanding makes him largely ineffective for large parts of games played with FIBA rules/coaching philosophies.
So what? It's about promoting the NBA stars overseas, who cares about winning?
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:19 AM   #29
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
Am I the only one who finds this incredibly retarded? Are the opposing team players gonna play with their hands tied or what?

Actually, Tyson Chandler's a very physical player, and part of the knock on team USA over the last 5 years has been that the NBA's no hand check rules have made us one of the weaker physical teams.

FIBA has become the physical league that the NBA was during the 90's. Chandler may very well be able to score 15 ppg with Kidd feeding him the ball.

He may actually end up being one of our better big men for this style of play.

Mathius
Old 06-27-2007, 10:24 AM   #30
Darsh
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
In any case, you all missed the point, that Melo is NOT on that list you posted, Darsh.

Mathius

Either way, he is much more suitable for the International game than Lebron.

And i would be surprised if he didnt play.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: