Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-27-2007, 10:27 AM   #31
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Lebron to play for US team this Summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
So what? It's about promoting the NBA stars overseas, who cares about winning?
WTF??? Sorry, but its about winning not marketing stars. David Stern and the NBA execs want to put the best product they can out there. Money is not their concern.

If it was about marketing stars the NBA would be encouraging teams to play meaningless exhibition games against foreign teams and they would have cleared the way for the Chinese National team to participate in the Vegas Summer LEague.... :)
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:28 AM   #32
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Actually, Tyson Chandler's a very physical player, and part of the knock on team USA over the last 5 years has been that the NBA's no hand check rules have made us one of the weaker physical teams.

FIBA has become the physical league that the NBA was during the 90's. Chandler may very well be able to score 15 ppg with Kidd feeding him the ball.

He may actually end up being one of our better big men for this style of play.

Mathius
Him being a very physical player doesn't mean he'll overcome his lack of quality and get 15 ppg.
If it was that easy, the US would send WWE fighters to play international ball.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:28 AM   #33
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
WTF??? Sorry, but its about winning not marketing stars. David Stern and the NBA execs want to put the best product they can out there. Money is not their concern.

If it was about marketing stars the NBA would be encouraging teams to play meaningless exhibition games against foreign teams and they would have cleared the way for the Chinese National team to participate in the Vegas Summer LEague.... :)
I was being ironic.
But now that i think of it, if the US would really want to win they would send more American Fiba players, like Bullock
Old 06-27-2007, 10:55 AM   #34
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh
Well that just plain sucks for both Cavs fans and US fans. It really helps no one.

I don't see how this is a bad thing for Team USA. If you could elaborate?
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:57 AM   #35
Darsh
Good college starter

Ive voiced my opinions throughout the thread, if you would care to read.

Though i might have to edit my original post, i was being a little dramatic with that statement.
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:01 AM   #36
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Lebron23 should think over before saying Kobe will hog the ball on the US Team.
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:04 AM   #37
Sharas
Great college starter

melo was team usa's best player in japan. all teams dared them to shoot, and he was the only one who made shots consistently.

and no, 52% from the field and 44% from 3pt isn't average. at all.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:07 AM   #38
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
Lebron23 should think over before saying Kobe will hog the ball on the US Team.
Something's wrong here
Old 06-27-2007, 11:08 AM   #39
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Don't do it Lebron!!! Save your body for the real balling, the NBA season. As a Cavs fan I would hate to see you get hurt playing free basketball. I could care less about this summer. Let Kobe do his thing over there and drain his body. This is too many games for you. Just ask D Wade about playing all the games he did last year. Rest Lebron, and work on your mid-range game, foul shooting, and post game. Now if you plan to do that vrs the best training for 2008 I'm with you, but if not I'm not with you. Whatever you do Lebron don't let coach K change your game. You'll end up like all the other Duke players, and that's not good.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:17 AM   #40
Chrono90
Local High School Star

Melo is a good fit and he played great for Team USA
Kobe's presence will HELP the Team and he will not hog the ball
Chrono90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:46 PM   #41
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

Perhaps, Coach K will learn his lesson from the first go-around and NOT play Lebron in the post. For f&cks sake...that was a disaster waiting to happen, and it happened.

Anyways, this really is bad news for team USA. Like it or not, Lebron lacks everything that we needed, particularly shooting, defensive fundamentals, and offball movement.

Carmelo was a SIGNIFICANTLY better player in every single aspect during the 06 worlds, and this means a lot coming from a FIBA junkie like me.

Lebron is irrelevant and unnecessary.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:54 PM   #42
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
Perhaps, Coach K will learn his lesson from the first go-around and NOT play Lebron in the post. For f&cks sake...that was a disaster waiting to happen, and it happened.

Anyways, this really is bad news for team USA. Like it or not, Lebron lacks everything that we needed, particularly shooting, defensive fundamentals, and offball movement.

Carmelo was a SIGNIFICANTLY better player in every single aspect during the 06 worlds, and this means a lot coming from a FIBA junkie like me.

Lebron is irrelevant and unnecessary.

like I mentioned in the other posts, Lebron on this team MUST have the delegated role of the guy who runs the break with Jason Kidd and he must serve as glue guy. if he decidse to be THE MAN, then it is over. Bronze again and US has to scramble in 08 to avoid the humiliation of not even qualifying for the Olympics
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:56 PM   #43
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
like I mentioned in the other posts, Lebron on this team MUST have the delegated role of the guy who runs the break with Jason Kidd and he must serve as glue guy. if he decidse to be THE MAN, then it is over. Bronze again and US has to scramble in 08 to avoid the humiliation of not even qualifying for the Olympics

Impossible. Look at what you are asking here. Lebron James the glue guy? Lebron James not being the man? This is the guy who does that retarded hand chalk throwing thing...this is the guy who nearly got cut by the coaching staff in 06 for poor performance before being kept on by marketing pressure.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:58 PM   #44
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
Impossible. Look at what you are asking here. Lebron James the glue guy? Lebron James not being the man? This is the guy who does that retarded hand chalk throwing thing...this is the guy who nearly got cut by the coaching staff in 06 for poor performance before being kept on by marketing pressure.

okay then continue the trend started last year. do not start Lebron. let him be the MAN as Kobe's backup while leading the second unit players.

besides, Lebron is a willing passer, as long as you surround him with competent shooters (put him on the unit with Billups not Kidd) then he can be able to get people involved and score and not have other teams dare him to shoot.

Coach K is the real problem no idea what he is doing
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 05:02 PM   #45
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
okay then continue the trend started last year. do not start Lebron. let him be the MAN as Kobe's backup while leading the second unit players.

What trend? Lebron was the only player to start every single game of the world Championships. I am pessimistic about Lebron's ability to come off the bench as "instant offense," particularly since it is difficult for people like James to adapt to these types of situations.

Quote:
Coach K is the real problem no idea what he is doing

True.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: