Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 07-11-2006, 08:42 PM   #16
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Then name the other top 5 PG's if Billups isn't behind Nash. Im talking PG's not SG that happend to play PG like Arenas. Billups is very clutch so your an idiot for not saying he is.

Nash
Kidd
Iverson
Paul
Hinrich/TJ FORD

I'd take them over Billups, only because they are "purer" PGs than Billups. How many times has Billups gotten 10-15+ assists? Now, how many times have PGS 1-3 gotten a ridiculous number of assists? And, I'd take the last Paul, Hinrich, and MAYBE TJ Ford, because they are younger, and will be better point guards than Billups.

But you are right, he IS clutch. Not sure about top 5, but I made it seem that he is not clutch at all.
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:14 PM   #17
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
I'd take them over Billups, only because they are "purer" PGs than Billups. How many times has Billups gotten 10-15+ assists? Now, how many times have PGS 1-3 gotten a ridiculous number of assists? And, I'd take the last Paul, Hinrich, and MAYBE TJ Ford, because they are younger, and will be better point guards than Billups.

Yea, but we aren't talking about the future, we are talking about the top five point guards right now. Obviously Kidd and Nash are better PG's, and even though i don't think Al is a true pg, when he does play the position, i'd say that he's better than Chauncey. Ya missed one with Gil, and he's like Iverson, maybe more of a true pg, so he's be above billups too. That's the top four pg's in the league, and wow, i just talked myself out of the argument i was defending. Haha, forgot about Tony Parker. I'd take him over Billups as well. Still though, the arguments for Paul, Hinrich, and especially ford are ridiculous becasue it's all based on potential. Of course I'd take them over chauncey in the long run (with the exception of ford), but in the here and now, Billups is better.

So in the end my list is

1. Nash
2. Kidd
3. Iverson
4. Arenas
5. Parker
6. Billups
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:27 PM   #18
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Yeah Billups isn't the 2nd best pg.

But on to the topic at hand. I think the Pistons are still better than the Bulls. And thats not going to change unless some of those Bulls really improve. They're probably going to be worse offensively or at the least not improve at all.

The Pistons will still be a top defense and Sheed I think is a better all around defender anyways (just my opinion that I've stated for like 2 years).

They'll be pretty close all season, but the Pistons will win out the division, and McDyess will only help their offense in the starting lineup and he can defend.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:30 PM   #19
KempSonics
Local High School Star

KempSonics has an OK reputation so far
Default ...

Uh, Billups isn't even a top 5 PG? Stop with that nonsense. Billups had one of the better seasons I've seen from a PG.

And one of the main reasons why the Pistons had a meltdown in the playoffs was Ben Wallace. Yea he was horrendous offensively but he didn't even put much effort on defense. He had spurts but he wasn't the same Ben. I think they'll win a ton of regular season games but they aren't title contenders. Joe will bide his time with this group then he'll pull off something big in the next year or 2.
KempSonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:24 PM   #20
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Unless Ben was dawging it in the playoffs, he's on serious decline. There are lots of things we are now improved in with Dyess in teh starting lineup.

It will be interesting to see how they do. Can see them fallin apart or coming together after everyone starts doubting them.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:54 PM   #21
WADE MONEY
I hit open jumpers.

WADE MONEY has an OK reputation so far

i remember a quote a year or two ago when someone asked Hamilton (either him or rasheed, but I'm pretty sure it was Rip) how it would feel to play without Ben, and Rip responded by saying "how would a hockey team feel without a goalie?"
WADE MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:55 PM   #22
WADE MONEY
I hit open jumpers.

WADE MONEY has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Unless Ben was dawging it in the playoffs, he's on serious decline. There are lots of things we are now improved in with Dyess in teh starting lineup.

It will be interesting to see how they do. Can see them fallin apart or coming together after everyone starts doubting them.

are you implying that Ben is some kind of aging vet and Dyess is some kind of young up and coming power forward? If so then :stupid:
WADE MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:13 PM   #23
KempSonics
Local High School Star

KempSonics has an OK reputation so far
Default ...

Ben dogged it more than anyone on the Pistons this past year.
KempSonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:30 PM   #24
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

what's more sad is that people think that the bulls will win the championship next year.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:19 AM   #25
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Ben was flat out horrible in the playoffs, and a major reason for the Cavs taking the series seven games, and for Miami dominating us. Look at the numbers Shaq put up against Ben, then check out the numbers he put up against Diop/Dampeer.

Honestly the team wasn't that great defensivly in the beginning of the season when they were on a tear they were like the 7th or 8th best defense and later in the season when the offense wore down, they improved somewhat defensively.

Now as the team stands right now, I wouldn't call them championship contenders, but its a long ways from the playoffs (hell FA signing doesn't even officially begin until tommorow). However I don't see any East team except for Miami as being able to take them in a series, even with the loss of Ben.
embersyc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:05 AM   #26
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Quote:
I think you are right but I don't think the Pistons can win a championship with this team. They haven't upgraded any and they need more of a bench. I still think they are a re 50 win team unlike alot of other people though.

They should be, the big thing a lot of people arent counting is that with Ben gone they are a better team offensively. The NBA is trying to phase out defense and is promoting offense. Flip did the same last year and now they can at least play 5 on 5 on both ends. Detroit will be fine, Ben has been in a pretty steep decline since his appendicitis anyway and it should continue. Sheed may be the key, has to step it up and prove that he has just been playing a role and not in a serious decline himself.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:10 AM   #27
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

Pistons went from best team in the league to third best in the Central in one yr.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 02:17 PM   #28
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

We're still better than your boys.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:33 PM   #29
lebron_zoom
Great young streetballer

lebron_zoom has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
Ben has been in a pretty steep decline since his appendicitis anyway and it should continue.

Your getting ahead of yourself, your acting as if Bens career will come to a grinding hault in the blink of an eye, no it will slowly deteriorate, yes that is visible now but he is still THE BEST defensive player without a doubt, he may not win an award this year though but he will definately make his presence felt, as for the Pistons making the finals... no, not going to happen, playoffs yes, finals no. Too much of a loss for the Pistons to handle on defense and that will be evident next year.
lebron_zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:18 PM   #30
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Did you catch the playoffs the past two years? He was far from the best Defensive Player without a doubt.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: