Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 06-28-2007, 01:20 AM   #1
selrahc
Local High School Star

selrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Mistake Trading Iverson

I think it was a mistake trading Iverson. I know that we probably wouldn't have gone anywhere with him... probably would have barely missed the playoffs every year or been eliminated in the first round... and would have been stuck in a similar situation as the wolves or celtics or lakers... but he was the face of our franchise and without him i don't even give a crap about this team anymore... i think the 76ers will be a lottery team for many years to come...
selrahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 01:28 AM   #2
AI09
Serious playground baller

AI09 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Mistake Trading Iverson

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahc
I think it was a mistake trading Iverson. I know that we probably wouldn't have gone anywhere with him... probably would have barely missed the playoffs every year or been eliminated in the first round... and would have been stuck in a similar situation as the wolves or celtics or lakers... but he was the face of our franchise and without him i don't even give a crap about this team anymore... i think the 76ers will be a lottery team for many years to come...

It was best for both i hated to see him leave but it was time to move on sooner the better now we can start rebuilding and id hate to see us in bostons or twolves spots so we were better off doing it wen we couldve den later where we wouldve goten less den we already did
AI09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:48 AM   #3
Odenorbust
High school junior varsity star

Odenorbust has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Your absouloutely dead wrong. The sixers were going to be a lottery team for 2 or 3 years maybe more without Iverson. Trading him just meant rebuilding earlier then we would have and with more talent and picks to build off.
Odenorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 04:36 PM   #4
thefaint287
Can barely lace up my sneakers

thefaint287 has an OK reputation so far

I think they should've done something with Iverson but they did lose their franchise and a great player and now Denver is up there and with a winning team!
thefaint287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 12:54 AM   #5
STelfair31
National High School Star

STelfair31 has decent reputation

you didnt get anythin in equal value for him maybe Andre Miller
STelfair31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:11 PM   #6
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

Quote:
No they definitely wouldn't have gone anywhere with him. Trading him was best for the team, and the draft picks they acquired, along with Andre Miller, should provide a good frame for the future. Of course, they could bomb and end up becoming worse, too.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 01:16 AM   #7
aahhsin
Banned

aahhsin has an OK reputation so far

its no big deal that we bomb. i mean AI wasn't going to take us to another level. Just let him go and start from scratch.

if those picks bomb oh well. at least we won't have 20 million tied up in a contract. As for miller, lets trade him for some picks.

I think cleveland or Boston might be willing to offer some picks for him.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 08:57 AM   #8
donsanchez306
High School Varsity 12th Man

donsanchez306 has an OK reputation so far
Wink Re: Mistake Trading Iverson

a quick update as of today on this topic....

iverson trade: we had to. no other way around it. i hope denver wins it all.

andre miller: still hoping on picks, cavs interested but i'd rather get a quality pick and youth (sounds like iverson trade but we got fast eddy on the case and he got jefferson collins and a brick for eddie griffin r.i.p)

we dont wanna be boston or twolves position: i'd love to be boston or the twolves for different reasons in the spectrum of the nba. right now we are parked inbetween two walls like austin powers.

right now i hope we get portland luck in the draft or do it the old fashion way and brick ( no way we catch them big show off wolves though they really tank it like a bunch of professional pool hustlers right now)
donsanchez306 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: