Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-24-2006, 08:04 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default Whose gonna be the biggest bust?

There are a couple of players in this draft that I think are going to be busts. Firstly, Bargnani. I have never seen this guy play but, frankly, I think the only way for a white guy to be good in this league, at this point in the games evolution, is to be a sharpshooter coming off the bench, or to be Steve Nash. In my opinion even Dirk isn't that great, as he collects so many points off of unfounded foul calls. So, with that said, that means Adam Morrison too. I think the great white hope my turn out to be the great white dope. He is not strong enough nor quick enough to be effective against these small forwards in this league. I can see him drawing lots of technicals due to the frustration of not being able to get off shots on these guys. Remember, he is overly emotional.

Next, don't worry, I'm gonna hate on people of all races, are any big man from overseas. Let's face it, these guys suck. The last big man from overseas that did anything was Vlade Divac. And he really wasn't that great. By the way, this includes the two big men from Senegal, as well. I can't wait to see the next Desagana Diop in the league.

Lastly, the black boys that are gonna fail. Tyrus Thomas, Randy Foye, and Hilton Armstrong. I see a lot of the rest of the projected first rounders as at least being solid contributors to the their teams, whereas these guys will all fall far short of their expectations.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:52 PM   #2
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

dwillreg has an OK reputation so far

Tyrus Thomas. There is no way that this dude will crack 10 points per game in the pros. He has no jump shot and will never fufill his potential. He is a little overhyped too if you ask me.

Patrick O'Bryant. He plays in the Missouri Valley Conference at 7' and still can't dominate. He has a long way to go and I don't think he will have good enough coaching to fufill his potential.

LaMarcus Aldridge. He is soft and can't rebound. He is overrated and doesn't have enough game to fufill his expectations.

Thabo Sefolsha. He is supposivly going to play small foward in the NBA and doesn't have enough athleticism to hang with them. He also doesn't have the J to play shooting guard.

Jordan Farmar. His career points per game average will be under 6. I watched him at the Orlando camp and he looked average to below average compared to all the other late second round picks to undrafted free agents. He doesn't have the game now and thinks he is better than he is.

Joel Freeland. Anyone who expects him to be "the sleeper of the draft" is wrong. He will make a fine 9th or 10th man but will have trouble translating to our game in the USA.
dwillreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 12:18 AM   #3
djfleet
I airball my layups

djfleet has an OK reputation so far

i'll roll with aldrige as well. i see him eventually becoming a solid pro, scoring low teens and grabbing 7-8 boards a game....but not until about 2010. right now he is downright soft. no real upper body strength, lacks aggressiveness, and is satisfied with layups and turnarounds rather than dunks and up-and-under moves. has a nice skill set but will struggle against stronger more aggressive palyers for a few years. he'll be labeled "bust" for the next 2-3.
djfleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 02:26 AM   #4
Bill Swerski

Aldridge.

Lamarcus Aldridge is a shorter, slower, stiffer, softer version of Brian Cook, only without the nice 3 ball.

His knee structure is also prone to problems.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:21 AM   #5
Unregistered

Tyrus Thomas does nothing but run and jump
Old 06-25-2006, 05:34 AM   #6
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

I honestly cannot predict a bust right now.

If I was to do that, I would go with Rudy Gay or Andrea Bargnani. I just get that feeling about them though it isn't strong.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 10:22 AM   #7
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd say the bust will be uhhhhh........ Marcus Williams. IMO hes getting over rated just because hes the best pg.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 10:46 AM   #8
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

Jordan Farmar even though he will be a late first rounder. He won't make it in the league past 5 years.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:27 AM   #9
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

tyrus thomas- the second coming of stromile swift. lots of athleticism, no offensive game, no bball IQ (in fact, no brain to speak of).
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 12:57 PM   #10
Csharp10

Default bust

Im goin with Bargnani. Just becuz i dont beleive that he is gonna be as good as they say.

Brandon Roy- is being talked up to much. He is a good player no doubt about it, but he isnt goin to be a star. An theres no way he is a number 2 pick. What you see is pretty much all ur gonna get, he isnt gonna get that much better.He final had a breakout year . It took him 4 years to do it. Sounds like a Shane Battier situation to me.

Patrick O'Bryant -wont have much luck .Just becuase i dont think he can add the weight an stay as athletic as he is.

Redick- will have a tough time in the league. What if he has a off night one night , he will blow. Many more DUI's coming i think.
Old 06-25-2006, 01:06 PM   #11
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

ExpatSunsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
There are a couple of players in this draft that I think are going to be busts. Firstly, Bargnani. I have never seen this guy play but...
Thanks for your input, Mr. Vitale.

I don't know about busts, but there are going to be a lot of disappointments in this draft. Of the higher picks, O'Bryant is probably the riskiest as far as pure bust potential goes.
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 04:13 PM   #12
Unregistered

Default mr. vitale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatSunsFan
Thanks for your input, Mr. Vitale.

I don't know about busts, but there are going to be a lot of disappointments in this draft. Of the higher picks, O'Bryant is probably the riskiest as far as pure bust potential goes.

Oh, Baby! Look at these diaper dandies. I'll tell you this kid is gonna be something special in the league. That's right, Brandon Roy. The kid can jump, can get to the hoot, step back and hit the long range shot. This kid is a ptp-er baby.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:27 PM   #13
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

I think this will actually be one of the most solid drafts in recent memory. Not many stars, just a bunch of solid players.

The one guy that stands out to me in terms of being a letdown is Jordan Famar. I personally think he's living off how far UCLA got in the March Madness tourney. He went from being a late first/early second round guy to #15 to #25. He can play but I just don't see him as having 15-20 type of value.

I think if a team drafts him expecting to get the second coming of Steve Nash they are setting themselves and Jordan up for failure.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 10:45 PM   #14
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
I think this will actually be one of the most solid drafts in recent memory. Not many stars, just a bunch of solid players.

The one guy that stands out to me in terms of being a letdown is Jordan Famar. I personally think he's living off how far UCLA got in the March Madness tourney. He went from being a late first/early second round guy to #15 to #25. He can play but I just don't see him as having 15-20 type of value.

I think if a team drafts him expecting to get the second coming of Steve Nash they are setting themselves and Jordan up for failure.
It finally happened.

Da KO King and fatboy11 finally agree on something.

This will be a very solid draft, lacking only superstars.

I thought I was the only one who found it funny that Jordan Farmar was a 2nd round pick and should go back to school before the Bruins' tourney run.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 11:06 PM   #15
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

Farmar will be a first rounder not a second rounder, there are too many teams in the late first round who need a point guard. I agree that he should have gone back to school though. The reason there will be a lot of solid players in this draft but no superstars is we have the group that went to college and polished their game. The superstar talents all went into the NBA draft out of high school (Dwight Howard, Sebastian Telfair, Gerlad Green, Al Jefferson etc.)
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: