Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-02-2007, 11:41 PM   #31
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation
Default Re: Transformers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
I saw this movie last night. Actually built up the "print" at my theater. Attached trailer was the "JJ Abrams Movie" or something, didn't catch all of it.

I thought it was ok. Not a "disappointment" or anything, but not downright righteous. I have a feeling it's going to be one of the more overrated movies of the year. Having said that, I'll take it over Spiderman 3 or Pirates 3.

I'll just say that I definitely believe Bay when he says this movie was made for young teenagers. The humor, dialogue, and some of the plot is cheesy, lowbrow. But I guess that was to be expected.

Shia LeBeouf is still funny, carried the movie in terms of human performances. John Turturro, though one of my favorite actors and supporting actors, was borderline overacting. That chick (forgot her name) had nothing really going for her, other than that she was hot as fire. Bernie Mac "Bernie Mac'd it" as usual. John Voight was pretty average.

The CGI was nothing short of outstanding. I read in WIRED magazine that it took roughly fourty hours to render every frame in this movie. I believe it.

Overall, I'd give "Transformers" an 8/10. 8.5/10 if I'm feeling nice. People actually clapped when it ended, which made me chuckle a bit. It wasn't *that* good... in my opinion of course... Probably clapping more out of loyalty than anything. I'd certainly welcome a sequel.

I think agree what the homour was often cheesy, but thats what transformer humour has always been like, so at least it was consistent. I get the feeling i may have enjoyed the movie a little more than you too, not that it matters, just a thought.

Both of the main chicks in this movie were nothing short of absurdly good looking. Though i think my Aussie counterpart was beaten slightly in the looks department.

Definitely a movie that i advise you see in a cinema. It really brings out the beastliness (is that even a word?) in the Transformers and it makes everything look pretty spectacular. Bring on a sequel for sure.
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:06 AM   #32
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Just got back from the first public screening in Colorado. The action and visuals were amazing, the humor was decent and the dialogue was atrocious.

Does anyone know the story with that JJ Abrams black-out/explosive trailer? I have no idea what I just saw but I want to see. It looked frickin' awesome.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:43 AM   #33
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i know i won't like it. they change stuff around just like the x-men movies. megatron as a jet and not the gun? they could have at least made him into a cannon or something.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:45 AM   #34
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation here

Transformers rocked.

And yes, that JJ Abrams trailer had me in awe.
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:50 AM   #35
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation here

Here's some info on it:

Quote:
So what is CLOVERFIELD? Well, word from inside the company is that CLOVERFIELD is a giant monster movie, featuring something that's being referred to internally as "The Parasite," and weíre going to see a trailer for it very soon thatís been designed and shot even as we speak. Iím not sure if itís going to be attached to TRANSFORMERS or if weíll see it later in the summer, but itís definitely coming soon. And the end of it should feature one of those iconic images that makes people talk about a trailer for months.

And what makes this different than any other giant monster movie? Well, as I understand it, most of the film is going to be shot using home video cameras, as if from the point of view of real people who are experiencing an attack on New York. Itís designed as a fairly small picture, all things considered, and right now, theyíre working to make sure the script is going to deliver some wild thrills (like an earthquake that levels Manhattan or an oil tanker flipping over by the Statue of Liberty), but that itís not suddenly going to turn into a giant $150 million movie. Itís a tricky balance, and if they pull off everything theyíre trying to do, CLOVERFIELD could be something really groovy. Not a man in suit in sight.
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:42 AM   #36
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

I just got back from a sneak preview, and OMG that was a great action flick. It is the epitome of a summer blockbuster because it is the defenition of entertaining. Some of the jokes were bad, not much character development or great dialogue, but man was it FUN!
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:49 PM   #37
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps
Here's some info on it:

Yeah, it looks pretty cool. I've seen the trailer a few times now, and it's definitely provocative. The whole hand held thing, while not all that original, will make it a bit more interesting.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:23 AM   #38
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation

If you dont like it, at least you get to look at Megan Fox the whole time.

Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:58 AM   #39
ErhnamDjinn
ďHomo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh
If you dont like it, at least you get to look at Megan Fox the whole time.

too bad she's engaged to Brian Austin Greene.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:14 AM   #40
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDjinn
too bad she's engaged to Brian Austin Greene.
You act like you had a chance.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:40 AM   #41
ErhnamDjinn
ďHomo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
You act like you had a chance.
lol who I just find it gross she's dating a washed up dude when she can date any hollywood guy
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:37 AM   #42
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Transformers was excellent. Saw it last night... the house was packed. The special effects were amazing... simply outstanding... and the story and acting were serviceable. Shia Labeouf carried the human side of the movie... lots of comedy from him...

[spoiler] Highlight to read...

Did anyone notice how Jazz (the black autocon) was the first and only good autocon to die? Lol, why am I not surprised.

[/spoiler]
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:40 AM   #43
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Laker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Transformers was excellent. Saw it last night... the house was packed. The special effects were amazing... simply outstanding... and the story and acting were serviceable. Shia Labeouf carried the human side of the movie... lots of comedy from him...

[/spoiler]

I saw it last night as well. I REALLY enjoyed it and so did my 14 year old neice and 9 year old nephew as well as my son. And Max I didn't think about that (spoiler) but you're right.
Laker4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:00 AM   #44
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

it was cool, but people have to stop claiming it the movie of the summer and stuff... the plot wasn't really that good, but the action was really good (no duh)... and yes, megan fox made this movie work for me, and there were a couple of other hot chicks in their too ...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:02 AM   #45
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If transformers isn't the Action film of the summer please tell me which is. It's already July 4th. Only thing left is Rush Hour 3.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: