Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-06-2006, 01:46 PM   #16
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquat
Look at their shoulder levels. Gay is clearly higher, not to mention larger wing span.
Also, Gay is leaning back. When he straightens out he's considerably taller than Roy.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 01:50 PM   #17
Abruzzi
I brick open layups

Abruzzi has an OK reputation so far

...and Roy is stretching his neck out to try and look over Gay.
Abruzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 02:57 PM   #18
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Hmmm....

When comparing other players to Gay, will announcers and analysts say, "That move by Wade is soooooooooo Gay."
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 03:00 PM   #19
Tips4
High School Varsity 6th Man

Tips4 has an OK reputation so far

It looks like that cause Gay is leaning back .
Tips4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 03:21 PM   #20
bk33
duck my sick

bk33 has decent reputation

I am pro-Gay, he reminds me of T-Mac, even the laid back attitude...doubt he ever gets as good as T-Mac tho.
bk33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 03:48 PM   #21
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orealius
This video makes me want Gay (no homo) lol

http://xkwire.com/hh/hardwood-heaven.com/Gay.html

great video site! bookmarked :)
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 11:41 AM   #22
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Default heyooo

so what does a team do?

shoot for Gay's rediculous potential?

or take the surefire contributor in Roy?

all teams in the 3-7 range other than Portland need an immediate impact player.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 02:06 PM   #23
Unregistered

Default gay or roy

well,down the road,gay would be the better player.next season though,roy will be the impact player and the better pick in his first two seasons and then minnesota can start reaping the gay benefits.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:16 PM   #24
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
all teams in the 3-7 range other than Portland need an immediate impact player.

Why doesn't Portland need an immediate impact player?
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 02:41 PM   #25
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've seen Gay in person a number of times, and I can fully attest to his being a totaly freak of an athlete. I know he has problems asserting himself, but I think he may be better suited in the NBA, where he may not be expected to fill it up every night, and his overall game will be appreciated a little more. I'm also really high on Roy. I actually like both of them better than Morrison, and to me, they're the second and third best prospects in this draft, along with Aldridge.

I'd probably be willing to gamble on Gay's upside, figuring that he'll be a pretty complete role player and good defender even if he never figures it all out.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:41 PM   #26
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

BeckDiggLer has no real reputation yet.

Message to the uninformed. Last week Roy pulled out of a head to head work-out with Gay at the last minute after 15 minutes of drills in Charlotte by saying for was sick, Dude came off as a scared biatch.
BeckDiggLer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:00 PM   #27
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Default hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS KD
Why doesn't Portland need an immediate impact player?

portland has too much depth at every position except for center and maybe PF. but, if they draft a SF, he'll play behind miles, if they draft a PF, he'll play behind Randolph, they currently have 3 PG's and used their top 8 pick last year on a SG.

anyone they pick won't get an immediate chance to shine. they'd be better off going for a project, a bargnani or ty thomas, who will be ready to contribute heavily in 2-3 years time.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:38 AM   #28
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Quote:
interesting: in this picture, they look about the same hieght, but Roy is listed as 6'6 in shoes and gay is supposed to be around 6'9

Roy seems to be leaning forward whilst Gay is leaning back. Still doesnt look like 4 inches difference, but I guess it could be.

I like Gay more for whatever reason. Think he can be a stud, have since his HS days. He was the 4th best player in his HS class. Dwight, Shaun and Marvin have all shown they belong and Jefferson, JR, Josh and Dorrell have all shown flashes. He should be a good one but I think he needs to land on the right team or he might just coast.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:39 AM   #29
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

Just digging up some old threads.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: