Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-29-2007, 03:12 AM   #16
bullsfan
I hit open 5-footers

bullsfan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Joakim Noah

The only reason Pax selected Noah over Hawes is that Hawes would take time to develop and pax wants to win now and plus Noah fits in well in our system
bullsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 03:14 AM   #17
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far

dood, pax brought in spencer twice... we took a good hard look at him, i trust pax, he picked noah for good reason. i like our picks, i actually really like our picks!
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 03:23 AM   #18
AirGordon7
Decent playground baller

AirGordon7 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron
dood, pax brought in spencer twice... we took a good hard look at him, i trust pax, he picked noah for good reason. i like our picks, i actually really like our picks!

ME TOO

JamesOn is a great pick
AirGordon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 03:54 AM   #19
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

The common scouting report on Hawes is he has the post moves but he doesn't have the strenght to contribute right away and that 6rpg is very low for a center.

Noah I think can contribute right away. making hustle plays, reb, blocks. I expect him to have a better rookie yr than tyrus bec he's more mature and has more experience. I guess Bulls have no choice but to just shoot from the outside and if they miss, big ben, TT, Noah will be going after rebs.

I just wish they made a run on Zach. Knicks got him for Stevie and Frye. Bulls could've offered something similar
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 04:16 AM   #20
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Joakim Noah

At least we now have two guys over 6-10 on the roster in Noah and Gray. I wonder what the team will look like with Noah, TT, Deng, Thabo, and Kirk on the floor? I can't wait for summer camp, and then for the season to start.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 07:00 AM   #21
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

Heard that he was compared to Tyson Chandler, but with a higher basketball IQ. If he does more for the team than Chandler has done for us in 5 years than I'll be happy, especially if he becomes better offensively than Tyson was. All in all though picking up Noah should only make the team better.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:48 AM   #22
problym_chyld04
I airball my layups

problym_chyld04 has an OK reputation so far

This is a terrible pick IMO, now we got a 7ft guy that cant score in the post and Aaron Gray is no better neither. I wouldn't have been mad if Paxson instead took Jason Smith, the guy has a more athletic NBA-ready body than both Noah and Hawes, and he can score too like Hawes. Damn I was so pissed when Wright got picked before Noah, my heart was racing and I was hoping that Charlotte would mess up and not pick him ; then i was pissed that Marc Gasol got picked right before us too in the second round. I wish Pax would've traded his 2 picks and picked up Fazekas or 6'6" or 6'7"ft Sammy Mejia from DePaul with his #2 second-round pick; now we got another small-backcourt guard. The bulls can't develop offensive talent with guys like Gray and Noah, (they couldn't with Chandler, and have u guys seen Noah's shooting form?) so they should've just took a guy that's already skilled to play offensively just like they did with ben gordon back then, and Skiles would've been good enough to teach defense to whoever they would've picked that were already offensively skilled

Last edited by problym_chyld04 : 06-29-2007 at 09:09 AM.
problym_chyld04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:01 PM   #23
bullzballboy
I hit open layups

bullzballboy has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Joakim Noah sucks bad

he sucks and is really annoying. should have moved down and gotten more players who suck instead of just one.
bullzballboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:15 PM   #24
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

When the Bulls win 55+ games and make it to the NBA Finals next season I want to remember the reactions of many.

Bulls biggest need is not post-scoring, it's frontline depth. Outside of Wallace and Thomas it's complete garbage. Brown is washed up and old, Sweetney is a Big Boy clone, and Malik Allen is a career benchwarmer.

Noah is going to get big minutes next season, and he's going to contribute. His rebounds, blocks, and craftiness inside is going to be huge. Just having another tall guy that can actually play is what I wanted more than anything else in this draft, and he provides that.

For that matter, even a stiff like Gray is going to get some minutes next year. He couldn't possibly be more useless than Fatney.

Paxson did well in the draft. All 3 guys are going to make the team and contribute a bit. Bulls just got taller and deeper. Now he needs to get another vet big man like Mikki Moore or Joe Smith and this team is set.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:27 PM   #25
bullzballboy
I hit open layups

bullzballboy has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
When the Bulls win 55+ games and make it to the NBA Finals next season I want to remember the reactions of many.

Bulls biggest need is not post-scoring, it's frontline depth. Outside of Wallace and Thomas it's complete garbage. Brown is washed up and old, Sweetney is a Big Boy clone, and Malik Allen is a career benchwarmer.

Noah is going to get big minutes next season, and he's going to contribute. His rebounds, blocks, and craftiness inside is going to be huge. Just having another tall guy that can actually play is what I wanted more than anything else in this draft, and he provides that.

For that matter, even a stiff like Gray is going to get some minutes next year. He couldn't possibly be more useless than Fatney.

Paxson did well in the draft. All 3 guys are going to make the team and contribute a bit. Bulls just got taller and deeper. Now he needs to get another vet big man like Mikki Moore or Joe Smith and this team is set.

All 3 guys are going to make the team and contribute a bit? Wow! Imagine that?! I think the bulls should have drafted 3 of the top 60 college and international players so they could cut them. And you don't draft players #9 to contribute a bit. You draft players number 25-60 to contribute. noah was a crappy pick. should have traded down and gotten 2 guys like him or traded the pick for a frontcourt vet who may be older but is decent. with 2 lower picks paxson could have played the odds and hoped at least one would be good.
bullzballboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:42 PM   #26
sprtsgy0372
Can barely lace up my sneakers

sprtsgy0372 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
At least we now have two guys over 6-10 on the roster in Noah and Gray. I wonder what the team will look like with Noah, TT, Deng, Thabo, and Kirk on the floor? I can't wait for summer camp, and then for the season to start.

wow listen to this retard are you seriously a Bulls fan? you want Noah to start over Wallace, wow i guarntee you this wont happen and if it does he'll only play about a minute befor they realize he sucks and put Wallace in, and then Noah will only play about 3 more minutes in the game... if this happens i would definately fire skiles
sprtsgy0372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 03:53 PM   #27
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

Had it been known that Jason Smith would have fallen all the way down to #20 I would have traded #9 pick for Miami's #20 and #39, then we could have picked up Jason Smith and perhaps Derrick Byars.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 04:01 PM   #28
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Joakim Noah

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtsgy0372
wow listen to this retard are you seriously a Bulls fan? you want Noah to start over Wallace, wow i guarntee you this wont happen and if it does he'll only play about a minute befor they realize he sucks and put Wallace in, and then Noah will only play about 3 more minutes in the game... if this happens i would definately fire skiles

I didn't say I want that to be the starting lineup, I was just imagining what it would be like when they are all on the floor at once. Anyone that is getting $15 million a year had better be starting.

Also, last summer our biggest need was a post scorer and what did we do? Signed Big Ben and drafted TT, two guys who could play inside but had no offensive games at all. Where did that get us? We actually won a playoff series for the first time since the Jordan era.

I don't know about anyone else, but I will be much happier seeing Noah coming off the bench than Sweetney. At least he can contribute off the bench.

Noah worked out against Hawes, so obviously Skiles had a chance to see them go up against each other and Noah won. Hawes has the post skills but cannot move. Unfortunately, Aaron Gray has the same problem, so I can't really see him doing much for us...maybe a Schencher role.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 05:46 PM   #29
Tyquan1987
I airball my layups

Tyquan1987 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by problym_chyld04
This is a terrible pick IMO, now we got a 7ft guy that cant score in the post and Aaron Gray is no better neither. I wouldn't have been mad if Paxson instead took Jason Smith, the guy has a more athletic NBA-ready body than both Noah and Hawes, and he can score too like Hawes. Damn I was so pissed when Wright got picked before Noah, my heart was racing and I was hoping that Charlotte would mess up and not pick him ; then i was pissed that Marc Gasol got picked right before us too in the second round. I wish Pax would've traded his 2 picks and picked up Fazekas or 6'6" or 6'7"ft Sammy Mejia from DePaul with his #2 second-round pick; now we got another small-backcourt guard. The bulls can't develop offensive talent with guys like Gray and Noah, (they couldn't with Chandler, and have u guys seen Noah's shooting form?) so they should've just took a guy that's already skilled to play offensively just like they did with ben gordon back then, and Skiles would've been good enough to teach defense to whoever they would've picked that were already offensively skilled

Funny you should say that because SAC fans don't feel like they got a good player in Hawes. Sacramento fans are pissed that they picked Hawes (I cheered, because I never like the kid...didn't see what everybody was so in love with him before) ........they think he's a stiff (like I think) who won't amount to much in the NBA........so hey, I'll take Noah.....he's better than what most people think...(because all they do is take what ESPN says to heart instead of watching for themselves, and think they know everything about a player because they watched 1 NCAA tournament....if you actually watched college basketball (outside of the title game), you would see that he impacts the game in many ways...with his passing and ballhandling (He used to bring the ball up the floor from time to time, and he was 2nd in the NCAA this year for assists by a C.....which I like)......he's a beast on the glass, and although he isn't a face-up shooter (Face it, his shot is straight up ugly), he is an excellent finisher around the rim on 2nd chance putbacks. He has some post game (basic moves, but still, better than Tyrus, who has NONE), although he's more of a open-floor player who runs well and is excellent on the fast break. Most importantly, he's a 7'0 player who is an active player and an excellent shot blocker, and an extremely hard worker...(I know that Ben Wallace is gonna like this kid on the floor...plays hard, with a lot of energy and enthusiasm....who wouldn't like that after seeing 3 years of basically no emotion on the court...I want to see somebody who looks like they care about the game, instead of approaching it as if it's strictly business....but I digress)...if he develops a consistent J from about 10 feet, and add some more post moves......I think that he'll be an impact player on the floor......Honestly, he reminds me of Amare Stoudamire when he came to the league.....long, athletic, good rebounder, mainly a dunker who's gonna need somebody to set him up for dunks...All Noah needs to do is to get a jumpshot, and I think that he will, cause the kid works hard, and he hates to lose.......

All in all, I give the pick 8.5/10

GO BULLS!!!!

LET's GET TO THE FINALS IN 08!!
Tyquan1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 05:58 PM   #30
AirGordon7
Decent playground baller

AirGordon7 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyquan1987
Funny you should say that because SAC fans don't feel like they got a good player in Hawes. Sacramento fans are pissed that they picked Hawes (I cheered, because I never like the kid...didn't see what everybody was so in love with him before) ........they think he's a stiff (like I think) who won't amount to much in the NBA........so hey, I'll take Noah.....he's better than what most people think...(because all they do is take what ESPN says to heart instead of watching for themselves, and think they know everything about a player because they watched 1 NCAA tournament....if you actually watched college basketball (outside of the title game), you would see that he impacts the game in many ways...with his passing and ballhandling (He used to bring the ball up the floor from time to time, and he was 2nd in the NCAA this year for assists by a C.....which I like)......he's a beast on the glass, and although he isn't a face-up shooter (Face it, his shot is straight up ugly), he is an excellent finisher around the rim on 2nd chance putbacks. He has some post game (basic moves, but still, better than Tyrus, who has NONE), although he's more of a open-floor player who runs well and is excellent on the fast break. Most importantly, he's a 7'0 player who is an active player and an excellent shot blocker, and an extremely hard worker...(I know that Ben Wallace is gonna like this kid on the floor...plays hard, with a lot of energy and enthusiasm....who wouldn't like that after seeing 3 years of basically no emotion on the court...I want to see somebody who looks like they care about the game, instead of approaching it as if it's strictly business....but I digress)...if he develops a consistent J from about 10 feet, and add some more post moves......I think that he'll be an impact player on the floor......Honestly, he reminds me of Amare Stoudamire when he came to the league.....long, athletic, good rebounder, mainly a dunker who's gonna need somebody to set him up for dunks...All Noah needs to do is to get a jumpshot, and I think that he will, cause the kid works hard, and he hates to lose.......

All in all, I give the pick 8.5/10

GO BULLS!!!!

LET's GET TO THE FINALS IN 08!!

I couldnt have said it any better
AirGordon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: