Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-30-2007, 12:41 AM   #31
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default Re: Knicks are in it to win it

The Knicks are going to be a completely new team. All the people saying Knicks will be in the lottery is completely wrong.

I think Knicks make the playoffs with 40-45 wins.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:56 AM   #32
TruNbaAnalyst
I airball my layups

TruNbaAnalyst has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
The Knicks are going to be a completely new team. All the people saying Knicks will be in the lottery is completely wrong.

I think Knicks make the playoffs with 40-45 wins.

Well we lost 15 of the last 20 or so games due to major injuries. I mean we lost what 3 starters and our six man in Lee of the bench. We lost our one of our top scores in Crawford, how best defender and 3pt shooter in Q, we lost marbury, (3 starters) and Lee. And we got 33 wins ? I mean I think it is pretty logical to assume we could of won at least 7 more games if we were healthy which equals 40 games won. And with Zbo, another train camp together for the whole team, and more experience, that has to be at least 5 games. So assuming the least the knicks should win around 45 games if everyone is healthy. I think it sounds reasonable if you actually look at the facts and dont just see knicks winning 45 games and say no way without thinkiing about it.
TruNbaAnalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:02 AM   #33
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

they have the best frontcourt duo offensively. and no they will not destroy the bulls. bulls might not have a low post scorer, but they play great defense and energy. ball might not even reach curry and zach when steph, crawford, nate starts to ballhog while being harassed by kirk, thabo, deng. It would be a good match-up tho if knicks starts playing together.

if isiah can pull of another magic and get lewis + filler for crawford, nate, lee, knicks will be so much fun to watch
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:19 AM   #34
NYKnicks914
Decent playground baller

NYKnicks914 has decent reputation

DEFENSE! clap.clap. DEFENSE! clap.clap.
NYKnicks914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:30 AM   #35
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

worst defensive front-court in NBA history...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:33 AM   #36
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
worst defensive front-court in NBA history...

The fattest as well...
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:45 AM   #37
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Titanic Contenders.

And Duncan/Garnett/Yao/Amare + random ISH poster > The Two Burgers.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:54 AM   #38
jerky10
Decent playground baller

jerky10 has not been impressing people

They may be good post players, but they don't play defense. I'm talking about ZBo and Eddy.
jerky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 02:43 AM   #39
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Talk about defense all you want. That's atleast 45 ppg combined for the bigs. They'll get it done down low.

You keep bashing there defense, there one on one defense isn't horrible. Curry and Randolph aren't the greatest shot blockers but there defense will hold out.

We have pretty good defense on the perimeter defenders, Richardson, Jefferson, Balkman and i think our Rookies will play some D at 6'8 on the wings.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 03:06 AM   #40
wally_world
M0derator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFRESH44
The fattest as well...

ROFL!!!

Old 06-30-2007, 03:07 AM   #41
Done_And_Done
D & D

Done_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiiner
Only time will tell. Im pretty sure the knicks bump up over 45 wins next season, realistically more like 55 wins next season.

70 is far fetched. The 05 pistons couldnt even pull that off.

Without blatantly raining on your parade because that is simply not my intention to do so, it's quite clear to the eye that the events & transactions taken place throughout the past few days have definitley improved your Knickerbocker roster and ballclub as a whole. Secondly, I seem to be stumbling over my words here because its not everyday where I find myself commending a good basketball decision made by Isaiah Thomas. The fact that Zeke gave away nothing more then an overrated young big in Channing Frye along with an aging ego queen Steve Francis in return for a 20 & 10 powerhouse Zach Randolph leads me to believe that even the worst GMs are capable of pulling off a quality deal. So on that note, this trade was exucuted to create a strudy one-two punch front court that contains both Z-Bo & the massive Eddy Curry...

Impressive? Hmmm, Yea I would say so...

But when you combine the words [New York + Realistically + 55 Wins Next season] to form a sentance you're really doing the complete total opposite man. No doubt, the Knicks are an improved club with the addition of Randolph but his presence alone isn't going to be enough to transform this struggling franchise into a 55 game winner next season let alone a 45...

There are still pieces to your puzzle that need to added, subtracted & replaced so don't get ahead of yourself dude...

Done
&
Done

Last edited by Done_And_Done : 06-30-2007 at 03:10 AM.
Done_And_Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 03:20 AM   #42
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

you have to remember the rest of the east is getting stronger too. you will have to compete with the Celtics, Hawks, and Bobcats for the bottom 3 seeds.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 03:31 AM   #43
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Exclamation Re: Knicks are in it to win it

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
you have to remember the rest of the east is getting stronger too. you will have to compete with the Celtics, Hawks, and Bobcats for the bottom 3 seeds.
izjuserious

I would like to add that the knicks may be better now we should reach 40 or so wins but the perimeter shooting is still a concern and we are definitely weak at SF. Its hard to predict whats going to happen in the post with these two guys. All I can hope for now is to get Lewis or Wallace.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 05:58 AM   #44
snipes12
Dirk Madness

snipes12 has not been impressing people

Zach+curry = contenders for kobayashi
snipes12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 06:12 AM   #45
wally_world
M0derator

they seriously needs defence... i would rather put Lee at the Center spot and make Curry come in as an instant scorer... unless they put Lee at SF...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: