Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 07-13-2007, 03:16 AM   #16
Manphibian420
very nice

Default Re: Alando Tucker

Tucker has looked decent. His jumper has been a little more accurate than i expected (though it's only a couple games) but his stroke is still rather ugly. Everything about him reminds me of Desmond Mason, including the form and release point on his jumper. That would be a nice endorsement on many teams, but even the vet Mason would likely get little or no time with us. His athleticism is even better than I had expected though.
Manphibian420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 04:24 AM   #17
wally_world
M0derator

isn't that dude one of the candidates for Summer League MVP?
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:13 PM   #18
nash4eva!gosuns
Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run&Gun=Fun

There is obvious chemistry issues between Amare and Marion and they each seem to have difficulties accepting the media glorification of Nash.

I dont think Amare is a leader, in fact i get the impression not many of his teammates like him.

i get the same feeling...ever since amare came into the mix last season, everything seems to be rubbing when they lose a couple games in a row, the world seems to fall apart for them because of the chemistry issues..

Diaw and Marion stopped producing much when amare came along, it feels like he ruined the growth of a whole roster...
nash4eva!gosuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 06:32 PM   #19
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

I dont know why they *****, amare doesnt get fed the ball at all unless nash is out there.

The 2nd unit acts like hes not even there. You dont win game 5 against San Antonio if it werent for amare taking duncan to school in 3 str8 posessions to make the lead.
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 05:10 AM   #20
Run&Gun=Fun
128 time NBA All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
I dont know why they *****, amare doesnt get fed the ball at all unless nash is out there.

The 2nd unit acts like hes not even there. You dont win game 5 against San Antonio if it werent for amare taking duncan to school in 3 str8 posessions to make the lead.

Some nights hes a black hole and turns it over alot...I like Amare but i wouldnt want to be his teammate.

KG on the other hand....
Run&Gun=Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:57 PM   #21
Manphibian420
very nice

run&gun you've obviously only been watching the suns for a year or two. Amare did struggle with turnovers early in the season, but he was clearly bothered by his knee still and moves that would have resulted in an automatic 2 ended up in turnovers because he didn't have the explosiveness to finish. He was clearly forcing things, but that was what he had to do to work himself all the way back. As the year went on those turnovers became less and less frequent as he got healthier.
You little kids have horribly short memories, Amare is easily the Suns 2nd best player, and the most important by far in our title quest. Without his interior dominance the Suns are just the gimmick team they were 2 years ago with Marion, Tim Thomas, and Diaw filling the minutes at 4/5. The Suns were not even close to a contender that year, losing to that Mavs team was pathetic. The year before we destroyed the same Dallas squad in 6 games despite Joe Johnson going out injured, leaving us with Nash, Marion, Amare, Q and the corpse of Jimmy Jackson, with no bench at all. Amare is 1 of 2 irreplaceable players on the team, and if there are people on the team that don't like to play with him they are the ones that need to be shipped out.
And what is this "team world falls apart for the team when they lose 2 in a row" ****? Are you a member of the Suns staff? You hang out with the team, know them personally? Or are you naive enough to think reading a few quotes and hearing some soundbites actually allows you to make that kind of judgement? And the quote about "when Amare came along" is hilarious, you realize the Suns are the only team he's ever played for. He missed a year, do you simply not remember the team before that or were you not a fan at the time? Yet another Nash bandwaggon jumper?
Old 07-16-2007, 04:21 PM   #22
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manphibian420
run&gun you've obviously only been watching the suns for a year or two. Amare did struggle with turnovers early in the season, but he was clearly bothered by his knee still and moves that would have resulted in an automatic 2 ended up in turnovers because he didn't have the explosiveness to finish. He was clearly forcing things, but that was what he had to do to work himself all the way back. As the year went on those turnovers became less and less frequent as he got healthier.
You little kids have horribly short memories, Amare is easily the Suns 2nd best player, and the most important by far in our title quest. Without his interior dominance the Suns are just the gimmick team they were 2 years ago with Marion, Tim Thomas, and Diaw filling the minutes at 4/5. The Suns were not even close to a contender that year, losing to that Mavs team was pathetic. The year before we destroyed the same Dallas squad in 6 games despite Joe Johnson going out injured, leaving us with Nash, Marion, Amare, Q and the corpse of Jimmy Jackson, with no bench at all. Amare is 1 of 2 irreplaceable players on the team, and if there are people on the team that don't like to play with him they are the ones that need to be shipped out.
And what is this "team world falls apart for the team when they lose 2 in a row" ****? Are you a member of the Suns staff? You hang out with the team, know them personally? Or are you naive enough to think reading a few quotes and hearing some soundbites actually allows you to make that kind of judgement? And the quote about "when Amare came along" is hilarious, you realize the Suns are the only team he's ever played for. He missed a year, do you simply not remember the team before that or were you not a fan at the time? Yet another Nash bandwaggon jumper?
That had me laughing out loud man. Sorry run&gun, but that was funny.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:21 PM   #23
nash4eva!gosuns
Back!

Quote:

1. what i meant by "comes along" was when he came back...

2. and it's true...they do fall apart during that 2 game baby-slump and they have to regroup and get back to playing their style..they get frustrated when kept out of the run and gun and things get rough

3. i never said amare should be shipped out...i said i get the feeling not a lot of them like him...it's his comments to the media and the fact that he's kinda gotten a bad rep for being a not necessarily bad teammate but one that doesn't exactly mesh...didn't they say at the beginning of last season that the reason they weren't winning games was (apart from amare's knees) the fact that having a new player affected the chemistry of the team? he's made and been mentioned in several comments about the disagreements within the team...

Last edited by nash4eva!gosuns : 07-16-2007 at 08:24 PM.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:02 AM   #24
Manphibian420
very nice

n4e!gs, you seem to miss the point entirely. What do you mean they "fell apart" during that "slump"? Are you friends with a team member, talking to them and getting the inside info? The truth is you know absolutely nothing about what went on with the team in that stretch, just 3rd hand reports from media members anxious to jump on anything they can.
You "get the feeling" not a lot of Amare's teammates like him? Huh? Based on what, articles written by reporters who's job it is to make news when there is none to report?
You complain about Amare's "rep", but once again that doesn't come from the players, it comes from overzealous media members and moronic message board posters. You cannot judge the subtle machinations within a team unless you witness them first hand. Even the coaching staff and front office can't be certain what's going on in the minds of the team members, but they are really the only one's close enought to be able to draw any informed conclusions.

I'm wondering, living in CA, how many games have you watched the last few years? Do you have league pass or something? (this has nothing to do with the topic, I just wonder how much all these new fans that are popping up actually follow the team)
Old 07-17-2007, 02:48 AM   #25
Run&Gun=Fun
128 time NBA All Star

I've been following the Suns ever since Marbury came along.

I don't think Amare is useless, hes obviously a great player, i'm just trying to ratrionalize trading him for KG because i believe that if that happens we will win a championship.

If we keep the same team the dissension amongst the players will escalate, theres no way the publicised chemistry issues are a fabrication of the media, they've been lingering around for 2 years and i think you can tell in the player interviews there is an issue.

Get Garnett and championship aspirations aren't clouded by ego's,inferior complexes or whatever everyone will pull in the same direction as a result of KG, and Nash's desperatiopn for a ring.

I can only speak for myself but i think if you ask every other suns player who they would rather play with next year its KG.

So what are you going to do move everyone bar Amare or move Amare.

Ohhh man! im gonna get blasted!
Run&Gun=Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 05:00 AM   #26
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Quote:
I don't think Amare is useless, hes obviously a great player, i'm just trying to ratrionalize trading him for KG because i believe that if that happens we will win a championship.

While I am not saying that you are completely wrong, I don't agree with you at all. To me, trading Amare for KG doesn't put us in much better shape to win the title. Think of all the pieces you'd have to give up to get KG in any deal involving Amare. Add that to the already known luxury tax issues the Suns are faced with, and that does not inspire me believe the Suns would be surrounded by enough talent to win the whole thing.

Quote:
If we keep the same team the dissension amongst the players will escalate, theres no way the publicised chemistry issues are a fabrication of the media, they've been lingering around for 2 years and i think you can tell in the player interviews there is an issue.

Chemistry is a part of team success, but it's not everything. How many titles did Kobe and Shaq win together? Their relationship was in much worse shape than Amare and Shawn's. This team just needs more veteran leadership, and a little more maturity from it's players...(Shawn and Amare). Who says chemistry won't be an issue if KG were to come over. *Not ego wise, but court wise* Nash can't be the only one preaching chemistry, and hopefully Grant Hill will help in that area.

Quote:
I can only speak for myself but i think if you ask every other suns player who they would rather play with next year its KG.

You're right, you can only speak for yourself, and saying otherwise is wrong unless you know.

These "chemistry issues" are a bit blown out of proportion, and using that soley as a reason to get KG over Amare is silly IMO.

I love KG, but I won't want him here unless Marion is gone.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:05 AM   #27
nash4eva!gosuns
Back!

Quote:
n4e!gs, you seem to miss the point entirely. What do you mean they "fell apart" during that "slump"? Are you friends with a team member, talking to them and getting the inside info? The truth is you know absolutely nothing about what went on with the team in that stretch, just 3rd hand reports from media members anxious to jump on anything they can.
You "get the feeling" not a lot of Amare's teammates like him? Huh? Based on what, articles written by reporters who's job it is to make news when there is none to report?
You complain about Amare's "rep", but once again that doesn't come from the players, it comes from overzealous media members and moronic message board posters. You cannot judge the subtle machinations within a team unless you witness them first hand. Even the coaching staff and front office can't be certain what's going on in the minds of the team members, but they are really the only one's close enought to be able to draw any informed conclusions.

I'm wondering, living in CA, how many games have you watched the last few years? Do you have league pass or something? (this has nothing to do with the topic, I just wonder how much all these new fans that are popping up actually follow the team)

yeah...i made my daddy get me league pass and actually even then my mom won't let me watch games on the TV so i'll watch them here on my computer...one way or another, every game is watched! and as for few years...not few years..it's more like 3 or 4 years that i've been following the team enthusiastically...nash has always been my favorite player
Old 07-22-2007, 03:15 PM   #28
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

I think when a player goees dwn a whole year, the suns played pick up ball. even the guy who cudnt create was trying to do stuff.

then when the player comes back a year later,hes also the future franchise player, the game changes to establishing his prescense.

i think marion,diaw barbosa are jealous. ive never seen barbosa ever look for amare when both r on the court
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: