Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-30-2007, 07:34 AM   #106
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

Default Re: ESPN - Steve Francis to be bought out by Blazers

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_locoteee
Well we can get solve the PF need.

Kavaliauskas to the Rockets???

Former Texas A&M forward Antanas Kavaliauskas is considering an undrafted free agent deal with the Rockets.

Kavaliauskas confirmed Friday afternoon that a contract he has an offer from the Rockets that he is likely to sign in the next day or two. The 6-foot-11 Lithuanian forward was expected to go in the second round of Thursday's NBA draft but the call never came.

http://blogs.chron.com/aggies/2007/0...e_rockets.html

If these get done you will remeber for the next 10 years the Stockton to Malone houston version. now
Spanoulis to Kavaliauskas

You really think this guy could be our PF savior? More than likely, this kid will not make the team. He'll get some summer league time, and a possible invite to training camp/pre season but I don't see this kid making the team, or the NBA. A couple Aggies who actually seen him play don't think he has what it takes to make it either.

Anyways, I want Francis back just like some of the Rocket fans. I always wanted him back since his career went down hill. I thought if he ever got bought out, it was sure choice to come back to Houston. BUT, with the drafting of Aaron Books and signing of Mike James, the chances coming backing home are very slim now. I'm pretty sure we move 1 or 2 guards for the PF we wanted but that still gives us a lot. Rick A has told V-Span he is part of the Rockets plans next season and Aaron Brooks is obviously part of the future since they were so big on selecting him. Although, GM Morey said our pick wasn't going to contribute this year.

It would be a dream to have Steve come back home. I think he's poised for a Baron Davis-like comeback season. It just hurts to think that his return to Houston is not likely to happen, even though he's right in our laps. But I will keep hope alive.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 07:59 AM   #107
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
Orlando and NY really killed his career. I bet if he went to a good team he could contribute.

i think he would do well on a poor team that would give him minutes and only lookin to be somewhat respectable
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 08:04 AM   #108
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Steve Francis is one of the players that leave me scratching my head wondering what happened to his career. It reminds me of Derek Anderson when he was on the Spurs. He was emerging as a superstar, than got hurt, traded to Portland for Steve Smith. Then he lost all of his explosiveness, stopped going baseline and dunking on people.

It maybe shows how important big men are. Was he in Houston with Yao? If so then that shows how important a big man is for a SG's success.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 08:25 AM   #109
trig
Decent college freshman

stevie will go to the clips to play w/ his boyfriend cuttino. the clips also need a pg. its a match made in heaven
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:53 AM   #110
Knoe Struh Damus
I Knew I'd Type This

I don't understand the complaint of lack of winning for Steve unless you're overrating him.

His rookie year, 34 wins with Hakeem & Chuck out for most of the season, Cuttino, Shandon Anderson & Walt Williams
2nd year, 45 wins that misses the playoffs in a stacked West
3rd year, 28 wins; injured
4th year, 43 wins that misses the playoffs
5th year, 45 wins, finally makes the playoffs and plays a fantastic series
6th year, headed for the playoffs before the horrible trade of Mobley for Christie, gets traded to NY the next year and everything goes downhill.

So, the idea that he doesn't win as much as he should is bull. If you want to diss him, diss his shot selection and his numerous turnovers.
Knoe Struh Damus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:19 PM   #111
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
i think it is pretty dumb... yes it opens up cap-room and stuff... but Francis is a proven player that the Blazers need now... they cant let Roy, Aldridge and Oden carry the entire team's load... they are just rookies and sophs...

It doesn't open up cap room until the following season if I understand it correctly. This makes no sense whatsoever. Francis will be playing with another team this year, and Portland will be paying half the bill if not more.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:03 PM   #112
wally_world
M0derator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber
pg- francis
sg- allen
sf- pp
pf-Aj
C-Camby

A BAY BAY

and which team is this?
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:04 PM   #113
wally_world
M0derator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
It doesn't open up cap room until the following season if I understand it correctly. This makes no sense whatsoever. Francis will be playing with another team this year, and Portland will be paying half the bill if not more.

Mathius

finally! someone who agrees with me...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: