Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 07-11-2006, 03:38 AM   #1
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation
Default in the nba forum...

they said that salmons is headed to phoenix in a sign and trade in which we will receive a future draft pick(most likely 2nd) and a 3.6 mill trade exception. Now we have that trade exception, plus the mid level exception to sign a free agent(5 mill), a 4.45 mill trade exception from the marc jackson trade, and a 1.75 million trade exception. Wut should we do with the exceptions and what do u think of the trade(if its true)?
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:19 AM   #2
NBAfan32
High school junior varsity star

NBAfan32 has an OK reputation so far

I like the trade since we dont really want John Salmons around anyway. My opinion on it is that Philly wont use the TE. It's just another move for them to stay off the luxury tax and so i just see them letting it expire. OR, it can be a move to free up a roster spot for a possible signing if the Jay Williams to Philly rumors are true.
NBAfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:14 PM   #3
Baller
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Baller has an OK reputation so far

Salmons has never been given a fair shake with the 76ers. I'm not saying trading him is a mistake. Cause I'd rather see that then re-sign him for 4 to 5 years, then miss-use him or just plain sit him on the bench. But Salmons I believe IS very talented. Look, if the Suns want him, what does that tell you. Salmons can play 3 positions. And when he played for Ivy last year when Ivy was down, Salmons Impressed me the most by having several games where he went to the FT line over 14 times. One game he went there 18 times in 34 minutes played. Now 18 times to the FT line when you are Allen Iverson, or Shaq, or even Wade or Kobe may not be all that surprising. But when you are John Salmons. And you don't get that automatic respect from the Refs. Well 18 times is very Impressive fans.

But what concerns me is that IF this deal does go down. And all we get is the TE & a 2nd rounder. I will be sick to my stomach hearing King go on and on about how VALUABLE that future 2nd rounder will be :-) Valuable ?, a bottom of the draft pick for a player who has several seasons in the league. And who HAS performed well when given the few opportunities to actually play on a consistent basis.

And of course I highly doubt BK will use the TE from Phoenix. I mean he has yet to use the over 4.5 million dollar one from the Nets last year for Marc Jackson. And time is running out on that one. I have heard that the Bulls, who want to clear out some Cap space to possibly not only make an attempt at trading for KG, but have some extra money to extend their young players cpming up have offered certain players for a TE. Of the players mentioned was Sweetney. Now if King were to deal some of that TE from Jersey for Sweetney, I would be Impressed. Sweetney when given PT has performed pretty well, and he can rebound. With ONLY Webber on our team as a PF. And with Randolph hardly a proven player. The need for another PF is a must. But if this deal goes down. And another year goes by and we lose the Nets TE, and haven't yet used whatever one we get from the Suns. Then how ANYONE can ever defend the Idiot that Billy King is is beyond me.
Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 02:29 PM   #4
Venja42
Decent playground baller

Venja42 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baller
Salmons has never been given a fair shake with the 76ers. I'm not saying trading him is a mistake. Cause I'd rather see that then re-sign him for 4 to 5 years, then miss-use him or just plain sit him on the bench. But Salmons I believe IS very talented. Look, if the Suns want him, what does that tell you. Salmons can play 3 positions. And when he played for Ivy last year when Ivy was down, Salmons Impressed me the most by having several games where he went to the FT line over 14 times. One game he went there 18 times in 34 minutes played. Now 18 times to the FT line when you are Allen Iverson, or Shaq, or even Wade or Kobe may not be all that surprising. But when you are John Salmons. And you don't get that automatic respect from the Refs. Well 18 times is very Impressive fans.

But what concerns me is that IF this deal does go down. And all we get is the TE & a 2nd rounder. I will be sick to my stomach hearing King go on and on about how VALUABLE that future 2nd rounder will be :-) Valuable ?, a bottom of the draft pick for a player who has several seasons in the league. And who HAS performed well when given the few opportunities to actually play on a consistent basis.

And of course I highly doubt BK will use the TE from Phoenix. I mean he has yet to use the over 4.5 million dollar one from the Nets last year for Marc Jackson. And time is running out on that one. I have heard that the Bulls, who want to clear out some Cap space to possibly not only make an attempt at trading for KG, but have some extra money to extend their young players cpming up have offered certain players for a TE. Of the players mentioned was Sweetney. Now if King were to deal some of that TE from Jersey for Sweetney, I would be Impressed. Sweetney when given PT has performed pretty well, and he can rebound. With ONLY Webber on our team as a PF. And with Randolph hardly a proven player. The need for another PF is a must. But if this deal goes down. And another year goes by and we lose the Nets TE, and haven't yet used whatever one we get from the Suns. Then how ANYONE can ever defend the Idiot that Billy King is is beyond me.

I think Salmons is talented as well. Inconsistent is his middle name though. I have a bad feeling that King will make this deal and leave the several trade exceptions in the basement of the Wachovia Center.
Venja42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 03:10 PM   #5
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

yeah, i think he had to go, but hes very talented. I dont think we'll use those either, which i hope im wrong. We need to sign evans to the full midlevel exception if we have to, cuz he's what we need. Him with bobby jones and carney will set a defensive mindset with our team and i guarantee we would make playoffs next year, and 6th, 5th, 4th, or 3rd wouldn't be too far outta the question. We would then have a roster that can go 12 deep, with ollie and shav as 11 and 12.
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: