Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 07-02-2007, 04:25 AM   #16
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Aaron Brooks, Carl Landry, and Brad Newly - NEW OFFICIAL ROCKETS

lol at Carl Landy on the last dunk.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:41 AM   #17
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far

Aaron Brooks is a pretty good draft pick. I suspect Rick Adelman made this choice. Rick Adelman spent most of his vacation time last season in Oregon so he probably made this choice.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:13 PM   #18
rnp614
Can barely lace up my sneakers

rnp614 has an OK reputation so far

Carl is a solid pick. I saw him in person at the first weekend of the NCAA Tourney. He's a powerful guy that can put up points if needed.
rnp614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:06 PM   #19
tmacman
Good High School Starter

tmacman is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Not too happy, but whatever. Aaron Brooks is alright, still not happy though. (WAS) Aiming towards Byars or Tucker.
tmacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 02:03 AM   #20
MiseryCityTexas
National High School Star

MiseryCityTexas has decent reputationMiseryCityTexas has decent reputation

rockets basically drafted aaron brooks because v-span is as good as gone back to greece now. john lucas could be gone from the team also by the beginning of november or before october in a buyout or trade. rockets should sign that power forward they drafted a year ago lior, because he is showing signs of goodness in this years summer league.
MiseryCityTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:49 PM   #21
HTOWN AL 420

HTOWN AL 420 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
rockets basically drafted aaron brooks because v-span is as good as gone back to greece now. john lucas could be gone from the team also by the beginning of november or before october in a buyout or trade. rockets should sign that power forward they drafted a year ago lior, because he is showing signs of goodness in this years summer league.

eliyahu, sp is not quite ready, but better than the NO PF that we DONT have i guess

udonis haslem will be a rocket
HTOWN AL 420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:51 PM   #22
blazerfan22
Retro is in

blazerfan22 has an OK reputation so far

Aaron Brooks is good. You guys are lucky. Obviously I'm a Blazer fan but was also an Oregon fan. He's very talented and a good shooter. His speed is unmatched. He should be a great backup guard.
blazerfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:19 PM   #23
blazerfan22
Retro is in

I'm an Oregon fan, probably because I've lived here my whole life, but you Rocket fans are lucky to get Aaron Brooks. He's looking very good in the Summer League!

I've been telling people here in Oregon that he'll be just as good in the NBA as he was in college and they didn't believe me because of his size, but he's fast and talented. It is still too early to tell but so far so good, huh?

Piece out.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:28 AM   #24
Cavs2007Champs
Common-sense Cavs Fan

Cavs2007Champs has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerfan22
I'm an Oregon fan, probably because I've lived here my whole life, but you Rocket fans are lucky to get Aaron Brooks. He's looking very good in the Summer League!

I've been telling people here in Oregon that he'll be just as good in the NBA as he was in college and they didn't believe me because of his size, but he's fast and talented. It is still too early to tell but so far so good, huh?

I live in Ohio, but I'm a Ducks fan also, and I just loved watching Brooks play, or listening to the announcer call the BBall games.

He's a big time player, and a leader, he could be used somewhat like Daniel Gibson for the Cavs.

He also keeps his cool, and doesn't seem 2 get startled, I bet he'll come in and contribute very well in his 1st game without the rookie jitters.

I am now a Rockets fan due 2 this draft pick, and now you guys got rid of 1 PG, so you aren't as crowded at the PG spot, and you'll most likely get rid of Lucas or maybe Alston.

If Scola comes to play, then you shouldn't complain much about the draft pick, cuz Brooks is gonna be a very good draft pick.

think Tony Parker and Gary Payton, the NBA is getting 2 stuck on size and potential, Go with skill and experience. It's like the NFL rating the 40 yard dash so high.

If someone can play they can play. Heck Durant could barely pushing a Wal Mart shopping cart, but everyone is riding him like he' is the Rookie of the Year.
Cavs2007Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:47 PM   #25
HTOWN AL 420

i like the blazers now also, as they are young and VERY talented, and they will be the new spurs in about 4-5 years when all that talent is seasoned as veterans.

you are lucky to be a fan, and i hope you arent a bandwagoner, but it looks like you are a true fan, BLAZERFAN
Old 07-14-2007, 10:42 PM   #26
blazerfan22
Retro is in

Thanks HTOWN AL 420, for the kind remarks.

I am a true Blazer fan. Been one since the Drexler days when he started in Portland. I'm sure you Rocket fans enjoyed his presence when he was there with Akeem for the championship. I've also been a Rocket fan ever since he went there back in the mid 90's. These days I enjoy watching Yao, T-Mac, and now Brooks.

As for the Blazers go, it is exciting seeing the team grow now. I think we're getting some talented guys in there that can boost us into the playoffs soon. So yeah, it's fun to watch a team rebuild and get better. Plus, it's nice to see that the management is getting rid of all the "Jailblazers" and replacing them with some really class-act guys that can play. The fans here in Oregon are really starting to enjoy the change.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:09 PM   #27
blazerfan22
Retro is in

By the way Aaron Brooks' team mate for Oregon last season named Tajuan Porter is absolutely SICK at threes. I think he made an Oregon record last year for threes, but can't remember. Anyway, him and Aaron were both outstanding to watch last year.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:29 PM   #28
HTOWN AL 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerfan22
Thanks HTOWN AL 420, for the kind remarks.

I am a true Blazer fan. Been one since the Drexler days when he started in Portland. I'm sure you Rocket fans enjoyed his presence when he was there with Akeem for the championship. I've also been a Rocket fan ever since he went there back in the mid 90's. These days I enjoy watching Yao, T-Mac, and now Brooks.

As for the Blazers go, it is exciting seeing the team grow now. I think we're getting some talented guys in there that can boost us into the playoffs soon. So yeah, it's fun to watch a team rebuild and get better. Plus, it's nice to see that the management is getting rid of all the "Jailblazers" and replacing them with some really class-act guys that can play. The fans here in Oregon are really starting to enjoy the change.

to get rid of zach randolph was the key i think, and you guys have no where to go but up. good luck to you guys, and i hope to see you in the west finals sometime soon
Old 07-19-2007, 04:06 AM   #29
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Just read a in the paper about Newly. He's not playing for Houston this year but he said Adelman was impressed with his play and invited him back to the Summer League for next year. He's signed to play in Australia for Adelaide next year but he's still deciding whether to play in Australia or Europe.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 03:20 PM   #30
HTOWN AL 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
Just read a in the paper about Newly. He's not playing for Houston this year but he said Adelman was impressed with his play and invited him back to the Summer League for next year. He's signed to play in Australia for Adelaide next year but he's still deciding whether to play in Australia or Europe.

nice stuff about this guy, hopefully he is involved in future plans
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: