Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 07-11-2007, 06:17 AM   #16
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Finn T-Mac has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The New Blazers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygher
Jones can't start for Portland when he's in New York...

Francis is being talked about being traded to the Clippers and Portland needs a legit starting swingman...ESPN has been saying that Portland will buy out the majority of Steve's contract then the Clips will pay him the remainder of the contract to play for them...but I don't think Pritchard would do that

Maggette wants out of L.A. and to a contender and Portland will be that next season and for plenty of seasons to come. They have some guys who can run the court and guys who can pass out of the blocks very well and he would be a huge asset to the Blazers with his great outside shooting.

Watch for Francis for Maggette

I think he ment James Jones.. And now Francis bought out. Don't know was it a good move, but the great thing about it is they are keeping the team young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelBorn
10 fouls and only 2 rebounds in the 1st summer league game wasnt too impressive for Oden.

I watched the 2nd game from nba.com and Oden showed much more in that game. Sometimes showing great potential, but still fouling Can't wait to see him in real action (and with only 6 fouls to give)
Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:32 PM   #17
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

luigi>mario has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Maggette wants out of L.A. and to a contender and Portland will be that next season and for plenty of seasons to come.

Portland is better. They aren't yet contenders. They really could be soon. Way too soon to say they are contenders, even the playoffs in the west are up in the air for a lot of teams.
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:22 PM   #18
blazerfan22
Retro is in

blazerfan22 has an OK reputation so far
Smile Re: The New Blazers

Oden will get much better. He has all the tools and size. Just needs to learn how to use them, in the NBA that is. Give him some time and he'll show the NBA that he's a dominant center. Could take a year or less. So what. Let him grow.

Plus he's sick with tonsillitis . I remember competing in soccer when I was sick one time and it does slow you down a lot.
blazerfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 02:30 AM   #19
Nygher
Banned

Nygher has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi>mario
Portland is better. They aren't yet contenders. They really could be soon. Way too soon to say they are contenders, even the playoffs in the west are up in the air for a lot of teams.

Portland are contenders

You've got to think that the Lakers will fall out of the playoff hunt this upcomming season, if Golden State doesn't resign Don Nelso then they'll be out of the playoff run, New Orleans won't be in when their second best player is an over the hill Peja, overrated Bobby Jackson and Tyson Chandler, the Clippers won't make the playoffs if they keep Maggette and Cassell (if they do infact pick up Francis)

This is how I see it

1. Dallas (They always are the top two in wins)
2. Phoenix (See Dallas)
3. San Antonio (See Dallas)
4. Houston (Yao, McGrady & Battier)
5. Utah (They are young and will only get better now that they had a playoff run)
6. Denver (A.I. and Melo will get them there even if the other guys suck)
7. Portland (Young...Oden, Roy, Frye, Aldridge, Jack then don't forget how good Miles was when his teams were winning)
8. Seattle (I think they'll resign Chris Wilcox; Green and Durant will be too explosive not to make the playoffs add in Ridnour...one of the fastest in the league and you have a poor mans Sun's team)
Nygher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:21 PM   #20
blazerfan22
Retro is in

Sounds good to me.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:48 AM   #21
Cavs2007Champs
Common-sense Cavs Fan

Cavs2007Champs has decent reputation

Where is New Orleans?? They will make it before POrtland and definitely before seattle.

Portland will maybe be at .500 by the end of the season, and that probably isn't gonna cut it in the West.

I am a Blazer fan, but I'm not sure about that. and the Clippers had a bad season, but they could rebound.

And Sacramento still has some pieces to make a run at the playoffs.

Portland will be in the race for sure though.
Cavs2007Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 05:04 PM   #22
Nygher
Banned

I don't think New Orleans will be in the playoffs

Their starting five

Chandler - Overrated
West - Good young player
Peja - Old and becomming overrated
Mason - Isn't that great
Paul - Great PG

but who on their bench will come in and keep the team in contention every game when the starters are out? Bobby Jackson...don't make me laugh

Sacramento could but they have a new coach...new system...young players and only looking to get younger trying to get rid of Abdur-Rahim, Artest, Bibby and Thomas

I don't know about the Clippers, they seem to have some chemistry problems with Maggette and one player can destroy a locker room...just ask the Blazers when Rasheed Wallace killed the looker room for a few seasons, Darius Miles for a season and Ruben Patterson for a season.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:19 PM   #23
blazerfan22
Retro is in

I agree Peja is overrated. He's not as good like he use to be with the Kings.

Paul is going to be a Hall of Famer one day.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:42 PM   #24
Moose

Quote:
Portland are contenders

You've got to think that the Lakers will fall out of the playoff hunt this upcomming season, if Golden State doesn't resign Don Nelso then they'll be out of the playoff run, New Orleans won't be in when their second best player is an over the hill Peja, overrated Bobby Jackson and Tyson Chandler, the Clippers won't make the playoffs if they keep Maggette and Cassell (if they do infact pick up Francis)

This is how I see it

1. Dallas (They always are the top two in wins)
2. Phoenix (See Dallas)
3. San Antonio (See Dallas)
4. Houston (Yao, McGrady & Battier)
5. Utah (They are young and will only get better now that they had a playoff run)
6. Denver (A.I. and Melo will get them there even if the other guys suck)
7. Portland (Young...Oden, Roy, Frye, Aldridge, Jack then don't forget how good Miles was when his teams were winning)
8. Seattle (I think they'll resign Chris Wilcox; Green and Durant will be too explosive not to make the playoffs add in Ridnour...one of the fastest in the league and you have a poor mans Sun's team)

Seattle is far too young to even think about playoffs, maybe in a year or 2. I could see the Blazers at 8 and New Orleans at 7. Plus Bobby Jackson is darn good for a sixth man, how is he overrated? you must have been a Laker fan during 01-03. Plus with Mo Pete the Hornets are playoff ready.

And why are the Nuggets at 6th? they are better than Utah IMO. They should be 4th or 5th depending if Houston will be healthy or not.

Last edited by Moose : 07-17-2007 at 09:44 PM.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:04 AM   #25
EuroWise
GM Star

EuroWise has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
Seattle is far too young to even think about playoffs, maybe in a year or 2. I could see the Blazers at 8 and New Orleans at 7. Plus Bobby Jackson is darn good for a sixth man, how is he overrated? you must have been a Laker fan during 01-03. Plus with Mo Pete the Hornets are playoff ready.

And why are the Nuggets at 6th? they are better than Utah IMO. They should be 4th or 5th depending if Houston will be healthy or not.

Utah were better than Denver last season. And will be very good too.

No Seattle or Portland in play off, too young.
However LA and GS will be in play off again!!
EuroWise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:11 PM   #26
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroWise
Utah were better than Denver last season. And will be very good too.

No Seattle or Portland in play off, too young.
However LA and GS will be in play off again!!

Yeah last season, this year they will have AI for the full year. Don't forget they finally got shooting in Atkins. Also K-Mart will be back healthy, he won't be that great but he can still help out as well. That team could beat Utah.

How did i forget GSW, LAC and LAL . Blazers won't make the playoffs in that case. If Clips get Francis than i assume they can make the palyoffs. If Golden State keeps Nelson than they might get a spot as well, but they will be different without J-Rich and Mickael Pietrus. And the Lakers will make the playoffs most likely at 7th seed.

1. Phoenix
2. Dallas
3. San Antonio
4. Houston
5. Denver
6. Utah
7. Los Angeles Lakers
8. New Orelans Hornets or LA Clippers
Old 07-18-2007, 02:19 PM   #27
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

luigi>mario has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
Yeah last season, this year they will have AI for the full year. Don't forget they finally got shooting in Atkins. Also K-Mart will be back healthy, he won't be that great but he can still help out as well. That team could beat Utah.

How did i forget GSW, LAC and LAL . Blazers won't make the playoffs in that case. If Clips get Francis than i assume they can make the palyoffs. If Golden State keeps Nelson than they might get a spot as well, but they will be different without J-Rich and Mickael Pietrus. And the Lakers will make the playoffs most likely at 7th seed.

1. Phoenix
2. Dallas
3. San Antonio
4. Houston
5. Denver
6. Utah
7. Los Angeles Lakers
8. New Orelans Hornets or LA Clippers

In Utah's defense, they are returning a lot of young players with some deep playoffs experience. Expect Boozer/Williams to be more dominant this year. The chemistry is already set. They beat Houston last year in crunch time.

Denver has high potential, but it always takes a while to get it rolling. With AI still new, and KMart rehabing, that could be shaky at the get go. Otherwise they have a great roster.

weighing accomplishment more than potential
first tier: SA, Dallas, Suns
second tier: Utah
third tier: Houston, Denver
fourth tier: (up for grabs) I bet there will be some serios suprises here.

Last edited by luigi>mario : 07-18-2007 at 02:30 PM.
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:03 PM   #28
Nygher
Banned

Are you kidding me...THE LAKERS?!

HAHAHAHA

Kobe single handedly destroyed the chemistry on that team and they sucked to begin with...now Kobe will only be looking to get his and will be a bad team mate till the trade deadline to try and force the front offices hand to get him traded...after the trade deadline...he'll be counting his days till the offseason so he can try again

And then the Nuggets...you're relying on K-Mart and Chucky Atkins to pick up the slack to get home court? Never will happen...K-Mart has been nothing but a hospital bill for the Nuggets since he came over from New Jersey and Atkins will be alright be he is no Steve Blake...he can't run a team as well as Blake, can't defend as well as Blake...plus you have two super star wingmen...that never works in the tall West...in the East sure...but not in the West

I would try and trade either A.I. or Melo for Garnett...then we can talk...

Utah may be even better next season...AK-47 was nowhere near his normal numbers...imagine if he gets his usual night in and night out next season with Boozer and Williams still playing great...thats a home court team right there.

I still say the Hornets won't make it...they were supposed to make it last season...and now everyone is overrating Mo. Pete...Mo. Pete was garbage in Toronto his last two seasons there and was trade bait for three...he's not much of an upgrade from Desmond Mason...Bobby Jackson IS overrated...he WAS a nice sixth man...but that ended in 04-05...Desmond Mason will be better off the bench for NO than he will be

Clippers...Eh...I said it once...I'll say it again...chemistry problems...plus Sam Cassell is super old...Livingston is way to small to play defense in the West with big strong guards plus he's always injured. I think they'll make it if they trade Maggette.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:39 PM   #29
Moose

Quote:
Are you kidding me...THE LAKERS?!

HAHAHAHA

Kobe single handedly destroyed the chemistry on that team and they sucked to begin with...now Kobe will only be looking to get his and will be a bad team mate till the trade deadline to try and force the front offices hand to get him traded...after the trade deadline...he'll be counting his days till the offseason so he can try again

And then the Nuggets...you're relying on K-Mart and Chucky Atkins to pick up the slack to get home court? Never will happen...K-Mart has been nothing but a hospital bill for the Nuggets since he came over from New Jersey and Atkins will be alright be he is no Steve Blake...he can't run a team as well as Blake, can't defend as well as Blake...plus you have two super star wingmen...that never works in the tall West...in the East sure...but not in the West

I would try and trade either A.I. or Melo for Garnett...then we can talk...

Utah may be even better next season...AK-47 was nowhere near his normal numbers...imagine if he gets his usual night in and night out next season with Boozer and Williams still playing great...thats a home court team right there.

I still say the Hornets won't make it...they were supposed to make it last season...and now everyone is overrating Mo. Pete...Mo. Pete was garbage in Toronto his last two seasons there and was trade bait for three...he's not much of an upgrade from Desmond Mason...Bobby Jackson IS overrated...he WAS a nice sixth man...but that ended in 04-05...Desmond Mason will be better off the bench for NO than he will be

Clippers...Eh...I said it once...I'll say it again...chemistry problems...plus Sam Cassell is super old...Livingston is way to small to play defense in the West with big strong guards plus he's always injured. I think they'll make it if they trade Maggette.

Do you really think Portland and Seattle will make the playoffs this coming season? They're both too young. Also this is coming from a Blazers homer.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:35 PM   #30
blazerfan22
Retro is in

I agree. The Blazers are going to be a little bit better this year but not make the playoffs. If all thier T's are crossed and i's dotted then they might make an 8th seed. Too young of a team though. Especailly with no real veterans.

But with all the talent and mark my word, the best young talent in the NBA, they'll make the finals in 3-4 years. They need experience first though.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: