Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-29-2007, 01:05 PM   #1
aahhsin
Banned

aahhsin has an OK reputation so far
Default I say the Lakers should get Steve Francis

Do It. Kupchuk make the move.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:08 PM   #2
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Francis to lakers

Francis isn't the right type of player for the triangle offense. They need a selfless PG, a Ron Harper/Derek Fisher type.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:16 PM   #3
apriorist
High School Starter

apriorist has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
Do It. Kupchuk make the move.

Then they'll have 2 chuckers instead of one.
apriorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:17 PM   #4
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Francis averages like 6 shots a game since his first year in Orlando. Where do you get the chucker thing from? Ohhhh wait you just hear people say it over and over so you believe it right?
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:18 PM   #5
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Francis averages like 6 shots a game since his first year in Orlando. Where do you get the chucker thing from? Ohhhh wait you just hear people say it over and over so you believe it right?

He's not a chucker anymore. He just dominates the ball and over dribbles
Old 06-29-2007, 01:21 PM   #6
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah his problem's always been that he dribbles too much, but people just call him a chucker because he was his first year or two in the league.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:23 PM   #7
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

I agree that he won't fit the offense and hes for from being a chucker but he needs the ball in his hands to be efficient and that won't work with Kobe in the house.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:23 PM   #8
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

If anything, Francis has been too passive in recent years as far as shooting goes.

Wow, I don't really know what the right fit is for him. Somehow, I can't see too many teams fighting over a 30-year old malcontent who is too short to be a SG, yet has no real PG skills.

Based off of name recognition, he'll still get a job.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:24 PM   #9
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
His first year in Orlando he averaged over 20 points a game so I doubt that was on 6 shots a game. His second season there, he got injured so his minutes dropped. And in NY he was playing on a team with a overload of guards so he saw under 30 minutes a game in addition to getting injured again. I'd believe that if given the opportunity, he'd gladly return to his previous role.

Last edited by bokes15 : 06-29-2007 at 01:33 PM.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:30 PM   #10
apriorist
High School Starter

apriorist has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Sorry, guess it's hard for him to get rid of the bad rep (either that or I confused him with Marbury). My Bad...
apriorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:35 PM   #11
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

eeeeeebro has decent reputationeeeeeebro has decent reputation
Default Re: I say the Lakers should get Steve Francis

i agree
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:42 PM   #12
Wizardly Cool

Kobe and Francis could not coexist.

Kobe ... "come on, pass me the ball"

Steve ... "hold on man" (dribble - dribble)

Kobe ... "come on man I'm open, pass the ball"

Steve ... "I said hold on" (dribble - squeak - dribble)

Kobe ... "damn it Steve give me the ball!"

* ball stolen *

Steve "sh*t... ball bounced off my foot, my bad"
Old 06-29-2007, 01:56 PM   #13
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizardly Cool
Kobe and Francis could not coexist.

Kobe ... "come on, pass me the ball"

Steve ... "hold on man" (dribble - dribble)

Kobe ... "come on man I'm open, pass the ball"

Steve ... "I said hold on" (dribble - squeak - dribble)

Kobe ... "damn it Steve give me the ball!"

* ball stolen *

Steve "sh*t... ball bounced off my foot, my bad"

ok that was hilarious
Old 06-29-2007, 01:59 PM   #14
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

It would be Mitch's amazing signing ala Radmanovic.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:59 PM   #15
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

I think Francis is now frustrated enough from the past few years that Jackson could get him to embrace a role.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: