Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 07-04-2007, 06:11 AM   #16
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Default Re: Now What?

So who would we trade, in you're first post you got Warrick and Lowry going to Phoenix for Thomas, but then in you're second post, you have got Stromile and Lowry going to Phoenix. The last thing we want to do is give up both Swift and Warrick. We want to keep at least one to keep some size on the team.

Then you would have:

PG: Stoudamire/Conley (Which ever starts)
SG: Gay
SF: Miller
PF: Gasol (Returning to his rightfull spot)
C: Thomas

Bench: Stoudamire/Conley, Warrick/Swift, Atkins, Kinsey, Johnson, Cardinal, D.Jones.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:43 PM   #17
jailer
MillionDollarException

Yeah im sure phoenix would love this.They get younger and more athletic and lose a big contract.The grizz older and lose speed.Ivaroni is building a race car here.He wants it to run at all horses.We cant start taking out the parts that make it go for new accesories.Thomas I agree three years ago.Warrik and lowry are good young pieces.Warrik is vesatile.Swift should be first in any trade talks.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:36 AM   #18
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
Yeah im sure phoenix would love this.They get younger and more athletic and lose a big contract.The grizz older and lose speed.Ivaroni is building a race car here.He wants it to run at all horses.We cant start taking out the parts that make it go for new accesories.Thomas I agree three years ago.Warrik and lowry are good young pieces.Warrik is vesatile.Swift should be first in any trade talks.

We get older for one year. We also get money for 2008 which allows to really look at good FA's. And Im sorry but Thomas was pretty good for the Suns and theyre faster than anything were gonna pull in our first year with the system.

Yes we are building a race car, but the finished product wont be out in 07/08. It takes a couple of seasons to build those things.

And for your last comment, look at the last trade i put up that worked financially. I know were older and "slower" for one year (albeit older and slower by 1 player alone), but in the end it does nothing but give more flexibility and potential.
J-Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:36 AM   #19
jailer
MillionDollarException

That maybe so but in this system,one player can kill the machine.The fans are not willing for that matter michael heisley can't have another bum season.Thomas who I actually wanted a few years ago.I was mad when he got traded in the chris webber deal.I might be thinking of kenny thomas.I liked kurt thomas's game.But Ivaroni is talking about putting rudy gay at the four.Im telling you folks,RACE CAR!He is building a team that is going to attack for 48 minutes,except there going to do in an intelligent manner.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:41 AM   #20
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

I also heard that Iavaroni was going to play Rudy at the 4 and see how he got on. I think that's a good idea, it definitly suits the run'n'gun style that the Grizzlies want.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:10 AM   #21
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

This system y'all are talking about is highly dependant on Conley's ability to run it. Good luck running a fast paced offense in the West with a rookie point guard. I think he was a great pick for y'all but bringing him into the league in an offense like that might slw his progression.

The only OSU game I saw last year was in the Dean Dome and no one in the country ran it like the Heels so I don't really know how fast the Buckeyes ran, plus they didn't have Oden playing at that point so they probably slowed the tempo for him later in the season. But ya, my point is I don't remember OSU having run a fast paced game so he may not be used to it, especially not at an NBA level.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:48 AM   #22
jailer
MillionDollarException

Right tatr heel born.You said you watched on of the 36 games that he played last year but you want to give a rough estimate on his capabilitites.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:02 AM   #23
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

Quote:
Right tatr heel born.You said you watched on of the 36 games that he played last year but you want to give a rough estimate on his capabilitites.

Agreed... I saw many OSU games, and all I got to say is rookie or not, if you ready to play, youre ready... look at chris paul... but i also think its pretty fuuny the guy knocking Tar Heel is the guy who cant get Kenny and Kurt Thomas straight.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:02 PM   #24
Bahamian Balla
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I think they should go after marvin william and shelden william
Bahamian Balla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:46 PM   #25
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Memphis
Agreed... I saw many OSU games, and all I got to say is rookie or not, if you ready to play, youre ready... look at chris paul... but i also think its pretty fuuny the guy knocking Tar Heel is the guy who cant get Kenny and Kurt Thomas straight.

Haha yeah that is true.There both good players though.Or were for that matter.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:46 PM   #26
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamian Balla
I think they should go after marvin william and shelden william

Are you a hawks fan trying to dump to bad players
Old 07-08-2007, 01:26 AM   #27
the grizzz
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:

haha he must be because if he was a grizzlies fan, he isnt a true fan and doesnt know that much about the game, wanting to bring in those guys
the grizzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:14 AM   #28
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

you know youre a hawks fan (can you even call it fan), when you leave out the "S" in both Shelden "William" and Marvin "William"...

sounds like a bunch of players with two first names like Memphis' own Chris Douglas-Roberts.

you also know youre hawks fan when you think anybody else in the league is gonna go after those guys right now and actually offer something for them.

finally, and it hurts me to say it,

you know youre a hakws fan when grizz fans are knockin ya
Old 07-09-2007, 04:12 PM   #29
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

Quote:

LOL. He must be... Marvin might have some trade value but Shelden has zero. That would only be a good trade if Memphis could throw the grossly over-paid Cardinal and his MLE at ATL.

And the Conley thing, I was just saying a face-paced offense is hard for anyone to run in the NBA. Notice, only Nash and his Suns do it successfully. Wasn't tryin' to knock Conley or act like an expert.

Last edited by TarHeelBorn : 07-09-2007 at 04:15 PM.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:37 PM   #30
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

I wont say PHX is the only one who does it right. They do it the best for sure... but Golden State seems to be getting the hang of it. Colangelo is bringing Toronto along that way nicely... And when they play an uptempo team, S.A. knows how to do it right, but only when they want to.

but lets remember, either way, we have a new coach from PHX, he knows how to make it tick. We have some good pieces, its just a matter if they can grasp it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: