Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 06-07-2006, 01:02 PM   #16
Shoemanj

I really wish we would trade Wally. I just don't have a good feel about him with this team. Having him and Paul is only going to stunt the development of Green and Jefferson. I can live with keeping or tradin Pierce. I'm also still leerly of if we have a point guard who can get us over the hump. I'm not sold on West or Greene and I know that both are too young and inexperienced to win big with this year. I would like to see us trade for an talented and experienced but still relatively young PG like Mo Williams who is a little more battle tested but young enough that he won't out grow the youngsters by the time that they mature. I also think that we need an imposing presence at center. I could live with a SheldonWilliams/Perkins/Jones three headed center if we use Al and Gomes correctly. I see it like this:

PG: Mo Williams/Greene
2G: Green/Allen
SF: Pierce/Allen/Gomes
PF: Jefferson/Gomes/Williams
C: Perk/WIlliams/Jones
Old 06-07-2006, 01:05 PM   #17
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

^C'mon, Delonte played great last year, exceeding all expectations, and you dont even list him.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 03:27 PM   #18
Patches O'Houlihan
I brick open layups

Patches O'Houlihan has an OK reputation so far

Pierce, Green, Delonte, Perk shouldn't be traded. Everyone else should be made available.

BTW, Perkins will be our enforcer in the paint and already has been somewhat.
Patches O'Houlihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:39 PM   #19
CeltsFanNumbaOne
Can barely lace up my sneakers

CeltsFanNumbaOne has an OK reputation so far

I think IF the Celtics do anything they should move Wally. Don't get me wrong, he's a good player but he's not the type of guy the Celtics need. They should trade him for a guy like Ruben Patterson or someone like that. And since he is most likely considered better because people focus so much on offense they could probably get cash or a second round pick with him. But basically they just need a strong defender. Right now, aside from Tony Allen they don't have any good one-on-one defenders.
CeltsFanNumbaOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 07:07 PM   #20
Patches O'Houlihan
I brick open layups

We can definitely get more for Wally than Ruben. And I'd rather we didn't trade Wally for another swingman.

I'm all for packaging Wally and the pick for a big or something like that. I just really don't want to see Wally on the team and I also don't think we need another youngster who we have to wait for. We need to trade for an established big man.

Doubt it will happen though.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:44 PM   #21
Snoopy
I brick open layups

Snoopy has an OK reputation so far

trade wally, he's gonna be holding back the young'uns, especially if the celtics draft another guard/wingman. Right now he's stealing mintues from tony allen and gerald green, two players that are the future for the c's.
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 11:55 PM   #22
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX2
Agree, and draft Sheldon at 7? I'll pass. Maybe in the second round.
I'm not tryin to make this thread into a huge fight but thats just stupid. To some people I can see why Sheldon Williams at #7 is a stretch, but he's 10-15 pick material easily. He's ready to contribute right away and he can play both the 4 and 5 positions. He's not the most exciting player in the world but he knows EXACTLY what he has to do and exactly what his role is. He won't ever try to do more than what he is capable of, and while he'll never be a MVP caliber player, he'll be one of, if not the best Role player throughout his playing days. He doesn't have any hype to live up to, and theres no scare of him being a bust. The team that drafts him will have a set out plan for him and they'll know exactly what they are getting.
That being said, I don't think they should draft him at 7 either.. I'd go with whoevers available out of Roy, Gay, or Marcus. If all 3 are gone, then Sheldon or O'Bryant would be a nice pick.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:14 AM   #23
Snoopy
I brick open layups

Gay is gonna be a better pro long term than roy, who could probably give the c's more right now but doesnt have gay's upside, so do they draft for now or the future, its the toss up that celtics fans cant fully agree on, contending now or contending a couple of years down the track when our guys will become sick, i mean, if we had gay, green, gomes, jefferson, west, pierce, allen and perk in a couple of years, that team is gonna be dangerous, or they tank next year completely and grab oden?
Old 06-11-2006, 07:14 AM   #24
Snoopy
I brick open layups

Gay is gonna be a better pro long term than roy, who could probably give the c's more right now but doesnt have gay's upside, so do they draft for now or the future, its the toss up that celtics fans cant fully agree on, contending now or contending a couple of years down the track when our guys will become sick, i mean, if we had gay, green, gomes, jefferson, west, pierce, allen and perk in a couple of years, that team is gonna be dangerous, or they tank next year completely and grab oden?
Old 06-11-2006, 09:41 AM   #25
lollol604
I airball my layups

lollol604 has an OK reputation so far

VET PF presence to groom the young PFs and a couple good role players .
lollol604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 10:43 AM   #26
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
I'm not tryin to make this thread into a huge fight but thats just stupid. To some people I can see why Sheldon Williams at #7 is a stretch, but he's 10-15 pick material easily. He's ready to contribute right away and he can play both the 4 and 5 positions. He's not the most exciting player in the world but he knows EXACTLY what he has to do and exactly what his role is. He won't ever try to do more than what he is capable of, and while he'll never be a MVP caliber player, he'll be one of, if not the best Role player throughout his playing days. He doesn't have any hype to live up to, and theres no scare of him being a bust. The team that drafts him will have a set out plan for him and they'll know exactly what they are getting.
That being said, I don't think they should draft him at 7 either.. I'd go with whoevers available out of Roy, Gay, or Marcus. If all 3 are gone, then Sheldon or O'Bryant would be a nice pick.

Okay... My point is if we take him, he is closer to our second pick than our first.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 12:52 PM   #27
celts432
Can barely lace up my sneakers

celts432 has an OK reputation so far

trade the pick package it with raef and get a vet. pg. to help delonte. I think Brevin knight is a good choice. Tell c's fans to be patient and let the kids grow.
celts432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 02:02 PM   #28
Patches O'Houlihan
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts432
trade the pick package it with raef and get a vet. pg. to help delonte. I think Brevin knight is a good choice. Tell c's fans to be patient and let the kids grow.

Bobcats won't take Raef's salary(think he has 2-3 years left) and I wouldn't give the 7 pick and Raef for Brevin. He's not that good. I think we're fine with our PG situation for now. Delonte is a starter. It's funny how you guys dismiss a 6'4" 23 year old PG who averaged 12-5-4 on 48%-38% from 3-85% from FT. Over 1 SPG and under 2 TPG. In 34 MPG. That was only his second year.

But you're so quick to throw a potential superstar label at someone like Al Jefferson. Let me ask you something. Who has struggled more? Delonte or Al/Perk?

The answer is Al/Perk. Which is why we need a veteran big man to come in and help them along with their development. Adding a veteran PG isn't going to make this team much better.

Also, why is it that the C's seem to be looking at SG/SF in the draft? Could this mean we're getting serious about moving Pierce/Wally or does Danny just want us to have a logjam there?

EDIT: I'm not saying having a vet PG wouldn't help Delonte or that he doesn't need any help at all. I just don't think we should be giving up that much for a vet PG.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:13 AM   #29
funky2dope
I airball my layups

funky2dope has an OK reputation so far

I agree totally with Patches above. We are capable at the guard and small forward spots, need an upgrade on the front-line.
funky2dope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 06:10 AM   #30
Snoopy
I brick open layups

the vet big that every man and his dog proposes on this board? are they to start on this team, thus continuing to cut into the playing time of jeff/perk and have people moaning bout why al aint gettin that double/double and why perk isnt showin up? i agree to an extent but only if they were there in a mentoring role, but wait...didnt doc jus hire someone to work with the young bigs? what names are people mentioning as this vet big? or the vet pg for this matter?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: