Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 08-02-2006, 02:36 AM   #1
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation
Default Harrington deal is going to take longer

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2536841
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:51 PM   #2
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Or not happen at all. If this was a done deal, to pacers, there would be no need to switch agents.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 05:49 PM   #3
scipio
I hit open 5-footers

scipio has an OK reputation so far

Yuck. I think it's time for the Pacers to move on and try to make some other moves to improve this team. Al would have been nice if we could've gotten him for relatively little (like the TE and some future draft pick), but he duplicates a lot of what we already have, forwards. Granger is young, cheap, talented, and good defensively. The team should give him the majority of the minutes this year at his natural position and at least see what he can do.

I think the Pacers should try to use either the big TE or Jackson to add some talent at the 1 or 4/5.
scipio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:36 PM   #4
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

man, harrington is firing his agent. this sucks. i want him back in indy, but maybe this stall will allow indy to look even further for someone else and get a better deal.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:35 PM   #5
scipio
I hit open 5-footers

So, now most people are saying Al will end up with the Pacers. Hopefully this will be resolved soon so that management can move forward and look at other moves.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:46 PM   #6
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Ofcourse it is, Harrington acts like hes sooo good, taking so much time as if its a tough decision. Pacers is Harringtons team .
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 03:38 PM   #7
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

he'll probably be our starting pf and o'neal will be center.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 09:44 AM   #8
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If he wanted to go to Pacers and this deal on the table was happening, wouldnt it have happened? He's going to another team quite possibly.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 09:39 PM   #9
scipio
I hit open 5-footers

It's possible I suppose, but I think that the Pacers are still the most likely option. I think that the main problem at the moment is the unrealistic expectations of Al and the Hawks. Al thinks he should get more money, but I think that even the $8 or 9 million the Pacers were supposedly offering is more than he is worth to any other team. He's a good player, but he'll never make an All Star game or really be a huge factor.

No teams with enough salary cap room seem to be interested in Al, so a sign and trade is a necessity. The Hawks seem to want to get quite a bit in return for Al, but their expectations are quite unrealistic. They seem to want to not take on much in the way of long term contracts, get substantial prospects/draft picks, and get money in return. What team is going to pay 9 mil to Al, send back expirers, picks, and cash?

Considering all this, I think that Al to the Pacers still makes the most sense. The trade exception the Pacers have allows them to disregard the expiring contracts bit, and they seem willing to send a pick and maybe even take on a contract the Hawks want to be rid of (Edwards). The Hawks can't really expect to get equal value for Al (b/c signing a guy to a deal AND sending back equal value would be incredibly irrational), so I think a deal between the Pacers and Hawks is the most likely outcome.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:00 PM   #10
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
he'll probably be our starting pf and o'neal will be center.
No hes gonna be SF Jermaine at PF and probably Foster at C
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:03 PM   #11
scipio
I hit open 5-footers

I think he'll probably be more likely to start at the 4. Management has been saying all summer long that they'll go to a faster, more athletic lineup. I would think that that means (assuming we get Al) JO at the 5, Al at the 4. 1-3 would either be Tinsley, Jackson, and Granger, or Tinsley, Daniels, and Jackson.
Old 08-13-2006, 01:24 PM   #12
PacersFan
Decent playground baller

PacersFan has an OK reputation so far

Man Iím just hoping we get Al. He was awesome with the Pacers before getting traded to Atlanta. He will probably be our starting PF, with JO at the 5, Granger at the 3, Jackson at the 2 and Tinsley as our point guard.
PacersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: