Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-29-2007, 07:18 PM   #1
Young HkM
Up in the Rafters

Young HkM is considered somewhat coolYoung HkM is considered somewhat cool
Default Hoya Fans - School me on Jeff Green

So I didn't really understand this pick by the Sonics...do you think this guy will be able to take place of Ray Allen at the 2? Can he shoot well? I heard he passes well, but how well? Will he compliment Kevin and hopefully Rashard Lewis. What kind of numbers do you see him puttin up next season. Let me know...
Young HkM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 07:19 PM   #2
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Hoya Fans - School me on Jeff Green

He's Vince Carter part 2.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 07:21 PM   #3
Young HkM
Up in the Rafters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
He's Vince Carter part 2.

Injuries and all? I'm not tryin to watch another grown man cry.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:22 PM   #4
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Will he ever exceed R Lewis in the future?
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 07:23 PM   #5
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I doubt the injuries wil happen. We will have to wait and see. He remins me so much of Vince now as well. Just more passive. Needs to be assertive like a young Vince and viciously attack the rim. Then he will reach his potential.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:26 PM   #6
Young HkM
Up in the Rafters

Quote:
I doubt the injuries wil happen. We will have to wait and see. He remins me so much of Vince now as well. Just more passive. Needs to be assertive like a young Vince and viciously attack the rim. Then he will reach his potential.

What kind of numbers do you see him putting up next to Durant next season? Does 12 ppg and 6 apg sound reasonable?
Old 06-29-2007, 07:29 PM   #7
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

No. Id say 13 4 4. Hes a good passer like Vince is a good passer. Doesnt make a great effort to get teammates open looks, but when he does, they are nice passes.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:58 PM   #8
Done_And_Done
D & D

Done_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

100%. . .

Much like a young Vince Carter, Jeff Green has all the tools in the world {including body frame/physical aspects} to bruise that rim aggresivley and almost at will. Now will he eventually become the type of player is something the future beholds but can he fit that player mold ---> absolutely

Another appealing quality that I admire about Jeff Green is his ability to play on both sides of the court. If he can transend his gameplay from Georgetown onto the NBA stage then the Sonics are looking at a guy who can be effective & efficient in numerous different game time situations. . .

@ Sonics
Done_And_Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:58 AM   #9
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

PP34Deuce has decent reputationPP34Deuce has decent reputation

how the hell is seattle gonna do this.

they got 3 ssmall forwards all pure sf's

durant wd get killed at the 2 against rip hamilton guards, and only shard cud decently play the 4.
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:52 AM   #10
Big One
Local High School Star

Big One has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
how the hell is seattle gonna do this.

they got 3 ssmall forwards all pure sf's

durant wd get killed at the 2 against rip hamilton guards, and only shard cud decently play the 4.

they can probably play durant at the 3, jeff green at the 2, and S&T Lewis for a bigger Pf.
Big One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 02:23 AM   #11
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Jeff Green isn't a shooting guard. He's a SF/PF just like Durant.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 02:30 AM   #12
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

Jeff Green is NOT Vince Carter...and far from it
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 02:35 AM   #13
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Jeff Green is a Small Foward and can play some Power Foward to.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 03:14 AM   #14
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Durant and Green can play sg, sf, and pf.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 10:40 AM   #15
Efunk7
Serious playground baller

Efunk7 has an OK reputation so far

did someone actually compare jeff green to vince carter?...not even close...and jeff green cannot play SG...durant may be able to pull it offensively, but he wont be able to defensively...at least not yet...
Efunk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: