Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-29-2007, 11:25 PM   #46
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Cleveland shopping Hughes...

Don't blame them, whenever he played in this years playoffs it was painful to watch. Too bad he couldn't have been the help that was expected.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:26 PM   #47
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Why didn't the Cavs offer Varejo (I definitely just butchered his name : ) and Hughes for Randolph?

haha actually you're only missing an A (Varejao)
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:28 PM   #48
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
haha actually you're only missing an A (Varejao)

:

I know I just checked out google afterwards and noticed I was off by one letter. But when I wrote it, it looked so off.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:37 PM   #49
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Trying to deal for Larry Hughes is like going to a Pampered Chef party to see if you can find a nice knife with which to stab yourself.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:38 PM   #50
WADE MONEY
I hit open jumpers.

WADE MONEY has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS KD
Would make sense but their all flawed players. First off Z, Marshall and Snow are old when they arrived in Cleveland and have since gotten even older. Gooden, Jones, Hughes and Marshall once again all bounced around the league for the duration of their careers as career journeyman who have worse spells other places in the league then in their stay in Cleveland. Its not like he's playing with the Russels-Celtics and I don't see how thie level of play can be pinned on Bron.

can anyone find the hilariously glaring mistake in this post?
WADE MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:40 PM   #51
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Trying to deal for Larry Hughes is like going to a Pampered Chef party to see if you can find a nice knife with which to stab yourself.

Whoaaa that was waaay too sophisticated for the ISHiots lol...they only respond to

Dood wtf?? What kind of dumb **** would trade for Hughes? ****....i swear if i was a GM....
Old 06-29-2007, 11:42 PM   #52
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WADE MONEY
can anyone find the hilariously glaring mistake in this post?
z old while arriving in Cleveland of course....
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:45 PM   #53
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
z old while arriving in Cleveland of course....

old man Ilgauskas back in his rookie year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INJHI...elated&search=
Old 06-29-2007, 11:48 PM   #54
snipes12
Dirk Madness

snipes12 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon
Funny how all these good players become "garbage" all of a sudden when paired with LeBron James. Coincidence?

Big Z, Gooden, Marshall, Snow, Hughes.

I thought LeBron makes his teammates BETTER?

add ricky davis
snipes12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:50 PM   #55
TheBynumProject
Byonic

TheBynumProject has decent reputation

Hughes is in the Kenyon Martin zone at this point, meaning his value is so low that no team will touch him. If he begins next season healthy, and does not move as if there are chains attached to his ankles maybe a team in search of "a slasher" will bite. Not at this point. Hughes has got to be the easiest pick-and-roll PG to defend in the NBA, at least until he gets some mobility back. Hes not a great ball-handler either.
TheBynumProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:55 AM   #56
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
on am 1100?
850 am
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:24 AM   #57
SpLiTViZiOnZ
Decent playground baller

SpLiTViZiOnZ has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
850 am

I can't believe the audacity to even start such a rumor but here is to praying that it is true lol
SpLiTViZiOnZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:27 AM   #58
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBynumProject
Hughes is in the Kenyon Martin zone at this point, meaning his value is so low that no team will touch him. If he begins next season healthy, and does not move as if there are chains attached to his ankles maybe a team in search of "a slasher" will bite. Not at this point. Hughes has got to be the easiest pick-and-roll PG to defend in the NBA, at least until he gets some mobility back. Hes not a great ball-handler either.
There is a trade right there. I know Hughes doens't hel the Nuggets need for a shooter but he is an good permiter defender and Kmart would be a nice fit in Cleveland. Then we can shop one of our bigs for a shooter.

I do like the Wally Idea. But when can he be traded. How about Boston.

Gooden (Doc Loves him)
Hughes. (they could use a slasher with Ray and PP who can both shoot)

For

Ratliffs
Scalabrine
Telfair.
Future First

Boston wants to Win now here you go.

Hughes
Ray Ray
PP
Gooden
Big Al
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:48 PM   #59
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpLiTViZiOnZ
best scenario I have heard is Hughes back to Washington for Brendan Haywood and Antonio Daniels. Hughes has proven to be an effective scorer in the Princeton Offense and was an unfortunate injury away from being the third Wizard to make the Eastern all-star team that year. Why do the Cavs do it? You get a fairly young Center to come off the bench and move Varejao permanently to PF relief. Not to mention picking up a guy who can score and run the offense in Daniels. I think the deal is solid for both squads contingent on the fact that Hughes is able to give the same type of contribution as he did last go-round with the Wiz. I believe that he would because he is just not the type of player that can capitalize in the pound the ball into the court for 22 second type offense that the Cavs have been using.

Actually I came into this thread, thinking this was a waste of time, that nobody could possibly want Hughes, but the scenario you listed above actually works for me. Hughes goes back to his old stomping grounds in Washington with his boy Gilbert. Fills a need at SG for them, (as bad as he is, he's probably still an upgrade over Deshawn Stevenson) and he's familiar with the system.

Daniels is a local kid (went to Bowling Green university) he can play some point guard, which helps us out. And it gives Haywood a change of scenery that might do him some good, while giving us a little depth in the front court.

It's not like Hughes was crucial to our finals run, but he could potentially help the Wizards, and Daniels is very underrated and definitely could help the Cavs, with Daniels and Gibson alternating at point guard.

Of course the trade technically doesn't work unless Washington can throw in one more player for filler, but even Calvin Booth's low salary would make it work, and I can't recall ever seeing him even play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
850 am
Which technically, even though they use local guys on some of the shows, it IS ESPN radio.

Mathius

Last edited by Mathius : 06-30-2007 at 12:50 PM.
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:53 PM   #60
NBAFan
Kids at the park dunk on me

NBAFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADS
There is a trade right there. I know Hughes doens't hel the Nuggets need for a shooter but he is an good permiter defender and Kmart would be a nice fit in Cleveland. Then we can shop one of our bigs for a shooter.

I do like the Wally Idea. But when can he be traded. How about Boston.

Gooden (Doc Loves him)
Hughes. (they could use a slasher with Ray and PP who can both shoot)

For

Ratliffs
Scalabrine
Telfair.
Future First

Boston wants to Win now here you go.

Hughes
Ray Ray
PP
Gooden
Big Al

How is it possible to be in "win now"-mode and pick up Hughes? Doesn't make sense at all. Pray hard for Hughes to have a great start this coming season and try to trade him during trade window. He has no market value right now.
NBAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: