Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-29-2007, 08:18 PM   #1
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool
Default Let's take a look at Seattle for next year...

Luke Ridnour/Earl Watson/Delonte West
Kevin Durant/Damien Wilkins
Wally Szczerbiak/Jeff Green/Mickael Gelabale
Rashard Lewis/Nick Collison
Chris Wilcox/Robert Swift/Johan Petro

Ok now this was a very weird depth chart to do. They could essentially be playing 4 6-10 guys at the same time if they wanted to. Between Durant, Green, and Lewis, who will at some point in the season I think end up startin together, theoretically, they could all play 2, 3, or 4 should they please. I think it will look something like that at the beginning of the season, assuming they can resign Rashard Lewis.

This team seriously interests me, if they get out on the break or play the half court, they will be able to score with the best of them. Now all they will need a big man who can come in and defend the paint. This makes me think that trading for Joakim Noah may have been a long term smarter thing to do.

Either way, I can't wait to see what Durant and Green do next to each other. It seems to me that they were looking for a Jordan/Pippen type of combo. Not saying they'll be that good, but they'll be that type of 1-2 punch...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:19 PM   #2
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Let's take a look at Seattle for next year...

i dont see rashard lewis being in seattle next year...
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:23 PM   #3
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Well, they have some young front court depth that could pay off in the future. Who knows with potential though, you can't forget about the front court just because you have potential in there with the young guys.

Aside from Wilcox nothing really impresses me down low and that will be something that holds Seattle back from being a legit team down the road. Signing Rashard Lewis would be a mistake in my opinion, that money should be saved for a big man down the road via fre agency.

Not a huge fan of Ridnour either.Will be interesting to see how Seattle & Portland look in five years.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:24 PM   #4
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

AI Nuggets3 has an OK reputation so far

in the east they'd be a borderline playoff team (providing Durant is good for 20 ppg)
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:49 PM   #5
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
i dont see rashard lewis being in seattle next year...

If they lose Rashard it would probably be through a sign and trade deal.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:54 PM   #6
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
If they lose Rashard it would probably be through a sign and trade deal.
I agree. They will either keep him or trade him for a PF or C. I highly doubt he can play the four at all.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:55 PM   #7
Young HkM
Up in the Rafters

Young HkM is popular on this boardYoung HkM is popular on this boardYoung HkM is popular on this boardYoung HkM is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
Luke Ridnour/Earl Watson/Delonte West
Kevin Durant/Damien Wilkins
Wally Szczerbiak/Jeff Green/Mickael Gelabale
Rashard Lewis/Nick Collison
Chris Wilcox/Robert Swift/Johan Petro

Ok now this was a very weird depth chart to do. They could essentially be playing 4 6-10 guys at the same time if they wanted to. Between Durant, Green, and Lewis, who will at some point in the season I think end up startin together, theoretically, they could all play 2, 3, or 4 should they please. I think it will look something like that at the beginning of the season, assuming they can resign Rashard Lewis.

This team seriously interests me, if they get out on the break or play the half court, they will be able to score with the best of them. Now all they will need a big man who can come in and defend the paint. This makes me think that trading for Joakim Noah may have been a long term smarter thing to do.

Either way, I can't wait to see what Durant and Green do next to each other. It seems to me that they were looking for a Jordan/Pippen type of combo. Not saying they'll be that good, but they'll be that type of 1-2 punch...

I see a different starting 5 than you:

PG: Delonte West - Defensively he's an upgrade from Ridnour and Presti already said he has no plans to watch people stand around on defense, for this reason, I see Delonte West being the starting PG.

SG: Jeff Green backed up by Wally. For the purposes of the rebuilding of hte team, I could see Green starting over Wally. I wish I knew more about him but he seems most fitting at the two. They say he handles the ball well enough and is a great passer.

SF: Kevin Durant. Easily. Not enough strength to bang down low (no homo). I'll love to see what he can do in the 3 spot.

PF: Rashard Lewis / Chris Wilcox depending if Ra-Lew stays. IMO Rashard is a liabilty on the defensive end and hopefully our new head coach can light a fire under him so we can really get something started. This will hopefully also improve his rebounding ability seeing as how I consider him a bad rebounded for his size

C: Chris Wilcox / Robert Swift. Not much to say here, I'd love to see chris handle the 5, but we've got so many project centers, we'll have to wait and see what happens.

On a side note I'm hoping the Sonics can either resign and package him with Luke Ridnour and send them somewhere for a young 2 guard. So hopefully our lineup would look something like this:

PG: West/Watson
SG: ???/Wilkins
SF: Green/Wilkins
PF: Durant/Collison
C: Wilcox/Swift

Thoughts?
Young HkM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:22 PM   #8
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The d will suffer with their bigs and the West is too tough for them to be any more than a playoff longshot, but I like the way they're set up for the future. They should move that team to Oklahoma, where the city would be so happy to have the NBA they'd swallow 1-2 seasons of losing and go nuts when that team becomes a Contender.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:41 PM   #9
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

i too see a diff lineup

West/Scrubnour
Wally/Green
Durant/Wilkens
Collison/Petro
Wilcox/Sene

Watson will probably be the odd man out and get traded....my bets are the Lakers and Cavs
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 10:27 PM   #10
jerky10
Decent playground baller

jerky10 has not been impressing people

I think they will trade either Wally or Rashard along with one of their PGs for a big man and a wing player.
jerky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 10:28 PM   #11
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerky10
I think they will trade either Wally or Rashard along with one of their PGs for a big man and a wing player.

Portland?
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:35 AM   #12
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

Shard in a S+T for Darko. They need a big who defend and run with the team.

Ridnour
Durrant
Green
Wilcox
Darko.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:40 AM   #13
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

Will most certainly see them playing some small ball. And Rashard Lewis will not be back with Seattle, there's no spot for him...

Ridnour/Watson
Wally
Durant/Wilkins
Green/Collison
Wilcox/Swift

Not terrible from a rebuilding aspect at all.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:45 AM   #14
roy09
Can barely lace up my sneakers

roy09 has an OK reputation so far

Jeff Green is not ready
roy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:52 AM   #15
Young HkM
Up in the Rafters

Young HkM is popular on this boardYoung HkM is popular on this boardYoung HkM is popular on this boardYoung HkM is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFRESH44
Will most certainly see them playing some small ball. And Rashard Lewis will not be back with Seattle, there's no spot for him...

Ridnour/Watson
Wally
Durant/Wilkins
Green/Collison
Wilcox/Swift

Not terrible from a rebuilding aspect at all.

I'd say Wally has one of the lowest chances of starting at the 2.

After doing some research I hear that West is a solid 2 guard so I'm thinking the lineup will look something like this now:

PG: Earl Watson*/ Luke Ridnour
SG: Delonte West / Damien Wilkins
SF: Jeff Green / Mickeal Gelebale
PF: Kevin Durant / Nick Collison
C: Chris Wilcox / Swift / Sene/ Petro

I'm thinking Rashard will go in a sign and trade (package deal with luke maybe) for a legit defensive PG
Young HkM is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: