Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-29-2007, 10:18 PM   #1
Tyquan1987
I airball my layups

Default Who should the Bulls go after in FA's?

Trades, FA, all......discuss here. I think we should go after Magloire if he's cheap, and Grant Hill if he's willing to come here. What other possibilities do u people out there see?
Tyquan1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 10:26 PM   #2
captainkirk
Decent playground baller

Default Re: Who should the Bulls go after in FA's?

should go back in the past, and take Hawes
captainkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:06 PM   #3
problym_chyld04
I airball my layups

If we don't get either Mikki Moore, Melvin Ely, or even Chris Webber; then this off-season would be considered as a failure
problym_chyld04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:29 PM   #4
idizzle
Good college starter

Roster roulette
On Sunday, the Bulls will begin wooing second-tier free agents with their midlevel salary-cap exception, as well as make an offer to restricted free agent Andres Nocioni.

The midlevel exception likely will be close to $6 million. Available big men in that price range include P.J. Brown,longtime Bulls favorite Melvin Ely, Chris Mihm, Mikki Moore and Joe Smith.

As for Nocioni, the Bulls want to keep him and will present their offer and then see if a market develops. The Bulls have the right to match any offer Nocioni receives.

Keeping Nocioni also would allow them to include him in a sign-and-trade scenario as part of any larger deals Paxson explores. Nocioni, who missed the majority of last season with plantar fasciitis in his right foot, is in Argentina.

"Rest is about the only thing besides some little things he can do," Paxson said. "From what I understand, he's doing fine."

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....ulls-headlines

I'm going to say that the Bulls will get either Mikki Moore or Joe Smith, both have decent 15-18 foot shots but I kind of give the edge to Moore when he stays flying in the air for rebounds and put backs.

Last edited by idizzle : 06-29-2007 at 11:35 PM.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:21 AM   #5
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

Mikki Moore at all costs if he is within price range...mikki was scoring 20+ in playoffs
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:22 AM   #6
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Either Mikki Moore or Joe Smith would be great! I would give Joe Smith the edge because he was the more consistant player throughout his career and is a better rebounder and free throw shooter than Moore. The other thing is that Moore has played for 9 seasons and last season was his only decent year when it comes to stats with his high FG% as his highlight. In Moore's 9 years he averaged 5.6 career ppg and 3.5 rpg vs. Smith's 12.1 career ppg and 7.0 rpg. Smith could be the safer pick up, but Moore has really turned things around 9.8 ppg and 5.1 rpg. The only question is, will Moore stay consistant and get better?
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:53 AM   #7
idizzle
Good college starter

I was reading this article just now and it was talking about how the Nets drafted 2 big men cause they fear that Mikki Moore will leave when free agency start. Also I was reading how the Bulls were talking about getting Pau Gasol, Marcus Camby, and Nick Collison and how the teams were asking too much for those guys. I say go for Moore definetly.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:59 AM   #8
Tyquan1987
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainkirk
should go back in the past, and take Hawes

Nah......Sacremento will be rid of him in 3 years (I could be wrong, but hey, I'll eat my words if he's an All-Star)....too slow, too inexperienced, and we need to win now......Noah is the better pick for the Bulls (at the pick they were at). Crazy Style, how old is Mikki Moore and Joe Smith? Aren't both of them like 35 or something? I have a crazy idea....Let's get Darko (LOL......I can't help but to laugh, cause I wouldn't have said this a few years ago).....at least he's young, cheap, and has upside...in fact, he's only 22. ..(not to mention, a decent post up game, which would help us.) What do ya'll think?
Tyquan1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:08 AM   #9
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

I don't know if Darko's cheap because last time I checked he was a little pricey for the player that he is. Outside of the Bulls signing a front court player I really think the Bulls should also sign a big 2 gaurd ( 6'5" and up) who averages at least 10-12 ppg. Any ideas?
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 02:41 AM   #10
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star

im likin pau gasol but would he cost too much?
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 03:14 AM   #11
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style
I don't know if Darko's cheap because last time I checked he was a little pricey for the player that he is. Outside of the Bulls signing a front court player I really think the Bulls should also sign a big 2 gaurd ( 6'5" and up) who averages at least 10-12 ppg. Any ideas?

Gerald Wallace. Can play the 2 or 3 and is one of the best defenders in the game.

As for a big guy, I like the idea of Darko, I think he'd fit well in Chicago - but I'd rather get a player like Nene, he isn't really a huge name but he puts up numbers and he is still real young. Everyone knows that Denver wants to free up space so we could get him cheap.

PJ Brown with Duhon for Nene and Blake?

Involve PJ Brown in that trade somehow - his and Nene's sals match.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 03:33 AM   #12
wally_world
M0derator

Webber would fit great with the Bulls without having them burn a hole in the pocket... passing Big Man who has great offensive awareness... gonna be great playing alongside Big Ben... and can get the opportunity to score down-low...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:11 AM   #13
idizzle
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyquan1987
Nah......Sacremento will be rid of him in 3 years (I could be wrong, but hey, I'll eat my words if he's an All-Star)....too slow, too inexperienced, and we need to win now......Noah is the better pick for the Bulls (at the pick they were at). Crazy Style, how old is Mikki Moore and Joe Smith? Aren't both of them like 35 or something? I have a crazy idea....Let's get Darko (LOL......I can't help but to laugh, cause I wouldn't have said this a few years ago).....at least he's young, cheap, and has upside...in fact, he's only 22. ..(not to mention, a decent post up game, which would help us.) What do ya'll think?

Joe Smith is 32 and Mikki Moore is 31. Ben Wallace is 33 some either of them are just a few years away till they call it a quits so I say get either Smith or Moore while they can still make shots and get rebounds and run.

Last edited by idizzle : 06-30-2007 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:43 PM   #14
baller42590
Chi Bulls 2010-2011

i would like us 2 get mo williams,chucky atkins, or steve blake.
baller42590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:29 PM   #15
problym_chyld04
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
Gerald Wallace. Can play the 2 or 3 and is one of the best defenders in the game.

As for a big guy, I like the idea of Darko, I think he'd fit well in Chicago - but I'd rather get a player like Nene, he isn't really a huge name but he puts up numbers and he is still real young. Everyone knows that Denver wants to free up space so we could get him cheap.

PJ Brown with Duhon for Nene and Blake?

Involve PJ Brown in that trade somehow - his and Nene's sals match.

Now i'm all for Gerald Wallace too if we don't get a big guy; that's the most underrated free-agent on the market; but we don't have money for either Darko or Nene; Darko's trying to get like $50-60+mil from Orlando, and Nene signed a huge contract I think like last year with the Nuggets for like $75 mil, and Pax isn't gonna go for that; and now we don't have PJ Brown's $8 mil salary anymore to trade off for somebody else unless the player from the acquiring team's salary matched up with how much the Bulls re-sign him for( like if the players were both making $8 mil this season alone) for this upcoming season agreed to take him in for at least a year
problym_chyld04 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: