Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-30-2007, 02:25 PM   #16
Tyquan1987
I airball my layups

Default Re: Who should the Bulls go after in FA's?

Gerald Wallace would be the best scenario in my mind when it comes to who is the best G/F out there right now.......very underrated. If Joe Smith is 32, and he'll come for cheap, then I say take him or Mikki with the veteran exception, and go after Wallace with the MLE, or if that won't work, find a sign and trade deal with Charlotte that gets him here. I think we need more big men than guards, however, I think Gerald Wallace is a more impact signing for us than either Joe Smith or Mikki Moore
Tyquan1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 03:01 PM   #17
ChiBullsfan#1
Can barely lace up my sneakers

No doubt they should go after Gerald Wallace, in fact they HAVE to get Gerald Wallace!!! Then they can package a deal of Noah, S&T PJ, Duhon, and maybe S&T Noc for Gasol.

PG: Hinrich
SG: Wallace
SF: Deng
PF: Gasol
C: Wallace

6: Gordon
7: TT
8: Sefolosha
9: Griffin
etc.
etc.
etc.

Sounds like a championship caliber team to me!!!!!!
ChiBullsfan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 04:15 PM   #18
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiBullsfan#1
No doubt they should go after Gerald Wallace, in fact they HAVE to get Gerald Wallace!!! Then they can package a deal of Noah, S&T PJ, Duhon, and maybe S&T Noc for Gasol.

PG: Hinrich
SG: Wallace
SF: Deng
PF: Gasol
C: Wallace

6: Gordon
7: TT
8: Sefolosha
9: Griffin
etc.
etc.
etc.

Sounds like a championship caliber team to me!!!!!!

I'd like to get both Gasol and Wallace, but it probably won't happen. As long as Hinrich is still on the roster I will be for it if it doesn't gut the entire team. Should also keep either Deng or Grodon.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 04:57 PM   #19
Belizario
I hit open layups

i have to say that having Gerald Wallace playing for the Bulls would be pretty fun to watch. I love his defense. Very much underrated. But I'd have to say that we need to find a low-post offensive player than anything else right now.
Belizario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 06:28 PM   #20
Tyquan1987
I airball my layups

Any trade with Memphis is gonna require Ben Gordan and Tyrus Thomas....I think the problem with the Bulls isn't the fact that they don't have a low post scorer......I think it's the lack of a true leader that kills them. Even when they had Curry, and he was a presence down low, they lacked that team leader could calm everybody down and refocus the team (although Ben Wallace could be that...if he remembers that he plays in Chicago) That's why I don't think we really need a major trade that tears the team apart.....they need that one member of that core to step up and become the leader of the team. Only then will they get to the Finals.......in my opinion.......
Old 06-30-2007, 06:33 PM   #21
Belizario
I hit open layups

well that's one of the reasons why they brought in Scott Skiles. He can calm the team down, and can pump them up. But, that's part of his job. Ben Wallace was considered to be a leader, majority of his leadership came from the defensive end, obviously. You are right. They need that great leader.
Belizario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 02:34 PM   #22
lurch67
Caution: Adult Content

Vince Carter.
lurch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 02:43 PM   #23
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch67
Vince Carter.

no not vince......get wallace and yi and we're winnin the championship
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 03:23 PM   #24
lurch67
Caution: Adult Content

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaNt Be ToUcHeD
no not vince......get wallace and yi and we're winnin the championship

The question was free agents. Yi isnt a free agent, Im not sure of Wallaces status but I thought he was still under contract.
lurch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 03:25 PM   #25
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Post Re: Who should the Bulls go after in FA's?

Gerald Wallace is TT in guard form, but unfortunately, he is also very injury prone. That is why he is so underrated...when he is healthy he is one of the most dynamic players in the game, but he has played more than 55 games in only 2 of his 6 NBA seasons. I would still love to see him on the Bulls though.

Mo Williams will be way to expensive, being the premier PG on the market after Billups. I would like Joe Smith over Mikki Moore, mostly because of his consistency throughout the years, but also because Noah and Moore on the Bulls would instantly make them the ugliest team ever.

Luis Scola is an interesting option. The Spurs own his rights, but he has been playing in Europe the last few years and is considered one of the best players not in the NBA. He has some good post moves and is young, 22 I think, so why not give them a few guys and take a chance on Scola?
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 06:09 PM   #26
Tyquan1987
I airball my layups

I think that part of the reason why Gerald Wallace has been injured so much is because of the fact that he is Mr. Everything for the Bobcats. Here in Chicago, he wouldn't be asked to play SG, SF, PF, and C on some occasions. He would be the two in our system, and maybe slide over to the 3 when Deng has to take a break while Sefolosha is in the game. I want him here, along with a low post player like Magloire or Joe Smith. However, the Bulls still lack a go to guy, and until they find that (whether it's a G, or a PF/C), they won't win a ring......That's why we get that person next year when KG hits the market......for cheap!
Old 07-01-2007, 07:10 PM   #27
captainkirk
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch67
Vince Carter.
4 years contract $61 mil deal with Nets. They can't announce it before July 11th
captainkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:56 AM   #28
CaNt Be ToUcHeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
Gerald Wallace is TT in guard form, but unfortunately, he is also very injury prone. That is why he is so underrated...when he is healthy he is one of the most dynamic players in the game, but he has played more than 55 games in only 2 of his 6 NBA seasons. I would still love to see him on the Bulls though.

Mo Williams will be way to expensive, being the premier PG on the market after Billups. I would like Joe Smith over Mikki Moore, mostly because of his consistency throughout the years, but also because Noah and Moore on the Bulls would instantly make them the ugliest team ever.

Luis Scola is an interesting option. The Spurs own his rights, but he has been playing in Europe the last few years and is considered one of the best players not in the NBA. He has some good post moves and is young, 22 I think, so why not give them a few guys and take a chance on Scola?

lmao noah did boost our teams ugliness up alot but atleast he has skill....and i have never heard of luis scola but i like how he sounds...
Old 07-02-2007, 06:44 AM   #29
ChiTown
Can barely lace up my sneakers

If the Seattle Supersonics don't resign Rashard Lewis, then I think we should get him. The man is 6ft 10 inch and averages more than 20 points per game and about 7-8 rebounds. The Bulls, as Charles Barkley says "Can't Score", so this would add a huge boost to our offense and rebounding. Plus he can do it all. He can either score in the post or take the outside shot.
ChiTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:19 PM   #30
CaNt Be ToUcHeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown
If the Seattle Supersonics don't resign Rashard Lewis, then I think we should get him. The man is 6ft 10 inch and averages more than 20 points per game and about 7-8 rebounds. The Bulls, as Charles Barkley says "Can't Score", so this would add a huge boost to our offense and rebounding. Plus he can do it all. He can either score in the post or take the outside shot.

yeah that could happen but the sonics would be pretty stupid not to resign him.....i like the option of gasol alot whos averaging just barely less than lewis and he would definately want to come to chicago probably for noah and nocioni.....memph would be dumb not to do that trade.....
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: