Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 07-11-2006, 11:13 AM   #16
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

That Iverson Celtics jersey would sell like crazy (Yeah, I know, I'm Captain Obvious.)
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:18 AM   #17
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

I want it to happen. I don't think they have the tools to do it, but I want it to happen.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:20 AM   #18
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

I want it too as long as Paul, Al, and Gerald dont have to go.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:22 AM   #19
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

yeah maybe the sixers will go for bynum, scalabrine and dickau
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:22 AM   #20
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Billy King has to have balls of steel to deal with a division rival. The sports media here will tear him a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic

Pierce not going anywhere but those other players might. They arent untouchable in a trade for AI. Sixers want to get younger and do the rebuild thru youth/talent thing since even with AI they missed the playoffs. Plus its cheaper also. Getting rid of AI who signed an extension.

Boston with AI/PP? Wow I might (keyword) finally get to see it, only not for the team they should be playing for...the Sixers.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:47 AM   #21
GothamKnight
High school junior varsity star

GothamKnight has an OK reputation so far

hmm he actually looks good in those colors. i thought it would look really weird, but it doesnt.
GothamKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:54 AM   #22
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

I just don't see what Boston can give. They have lots of young pieces, but they'd have to dump a contract like Szczerbiak, the more athletic, better Kyle Korver, in the process, which I don't think Philadelphia would like.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:55 AM   #23
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Of course, Philadelphia could just make calendars of Korver and Szczerbiak in lewd positions with little clothing to make money until the team was good again. It's well established that Korver and Szczerbiak are considered by the NBA's female fan base to be "hottie white boys."
Old 07-11-2006, 12:00 PM   #24
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
I just don't see what Boston can give. They have lots of young pieces, but they'd have to dump a contract like Szczerbiak, the more athletic, better Kyle Korver, in the process, which I don't think Philadelphia would like.

Yeah thats why a 3 team deal would have to be involved. Where the main pieces going to Philly is youth. But this is stuff from the rumor mill.

I do know Billy King loves Al Jefferson and Randy Foye. Bos, Minny either team could be in the works. We shall see.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:00 PM   #25
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I wouldn't want to surrender both of them, but if the package included one of them I wouldn't object. Honestly, although I'm not giving up on Al, it's a fact that right now Ryan Gomes is much better than him, and if the season started today would start over him. Al has more potential due to physical attributes but Ryan blows him away in intelligence and work ethic.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:00 PM   #26
NBAfan32
High school junior varsity star

NBAfan32 has an OK reputation so far

That's why its got to be a 3 way. How bout the Nuggets, Sixers and the Celtics.
Sixers get: Delonte West, Gerald Green and Nene
Nuggets get: Wally Szczerbiak, Tony Allen
Celtics get: Iverson and some fillers

Wishful thinking, i know but any trade with the Celtics id want West and Green as part of the deal.
NBAfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:03 PM   #27
JohnnySic
green is good

Quote:
although I'm not giving up on Al, it's a fact that right now Ryan Gomes is much better than him, and if the season started today would start over him. Al has more potential due to physical attributes but Ryan blows him away in intelligence and work ethic.
Not sure about this. Yes Gomes is more battle proven due to his experience but remember that Al has been battling injuries. Gomes had a great run last year but became less effective as teams wised up on him.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:10 PM   #28
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Yeah thats why a 3 team deal would have to be involved. Where the main pieces going to Philly is youth. But this is stuff from the rumor mill.

I do know Billy King loves Al Jefferson and Randy Foye. Bos, Minny either team could be in the works. We shall see.
Foye signed his rookie contract. He can't be traded for a while now.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:10 PM   #29
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Not sure about this. Yes Gomes is more battle proven due to his experience but remember that Al has been battling injuries. Gomes had a great run last year but became less effective as teams wised up on him.
He ended the season pretty strong. Yes, Al's been hampered by injuries, but even now in summer league, Ryan's still outplaying him with Al healthy and in better shape. I like Al's potential, but we ought not ignore what Ryan is actually accomplishing out there. In the summer league games he even adjusted to playing SF. We've got to value his bball IQ and work ethic.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:19 PM   #30
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

It's a tough deal. I cant see Pierce and Iverson winning a title anyway, but if you do it you basically give up the future that has been built there, if Im in charge of Philly I take nothing less than Perk, Al and Green, thats the bare minimum and that would be straight up, which doesnt work. Basically to make it happen you are also dumping Wally or Theo and then I want Allen and another to do that. So Im not doing it as Philly and Im not doing it as Boston because I dont think AI and Pierce wins a title, whereas Perk, Al, Pierce, Green and whoever might in a couple of years.

Third team would also be tough. You are basically trying to find a team that would give up another young piece AND accept a contract being dumped on them. Would have to cost you that young piece that Boston are looking not to give up or a lot of picks, either way, a third team here cant really help Boston with the reason they wont do the trade. Works great for Philly though.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: