Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 07-11-2006, 01:20 PM   #31
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Is this deal dead yet? I hope not.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 01:24 PM   #32
Zalendar
Decent playground baller

Zalendar has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
yeah but i photoshopped that scrub standing next to him away

Zalendar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 03:20 PM   #33
Venja42
Decent playground baller

Venja42 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot

Nice job with the Photoshoping but

This number can never be worn again, in honor of Dennis Johnson.

Perhaps you could think of AI's olympic #4

But perhaps you should just realize that AI is not going anywhere.
Venja42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 03:26 PM   #34
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

iverson is asking dennis to un-retire the jersey

Quote:
Allen Iverson Wants The Celtics To Unretire Jersey Number 3
11th July, 2006 - 12:16 pm
Boston Herald - Recently acquired point guard Allen Iverson wants to ask Celtics legend Dennis Johnson to request that the Celtics unretire his jersey number 31.

Iverson has always worn the number because hes always been a huge fan of Khalid Reeves, but the number was retired by the Celtics in Maxwell's honor.

I just got his phone number, Iverson said. Im going to call him.

loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 03:36 PM   #35
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

You could have at least changed the whole quote.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 03:45 PM   #36
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Yeah... half assed effort there, loses its effect.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 03:57 PM   #37
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

haha that's a nice photoshop there (IMO). Love those celtic colours on AI.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 04:04 PM   #38
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Yeah... half assed effort there, loses its effect.

that's what they told your mom too
Old 07-11-2006, 04:11 PM   #39
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

Quote:
The Sixers nearly traded Allen Iverson before the NBA draft as part of a package to get Boston's first-round draft choice, the No. 7 pick overall, former Villanova star Randy Foye.

Iverson is still being shopped by the Sixers

Old 07-11-2006, 05:29 PM   #40
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Foye signed his rookie contract. He can't be traded for a while now.

Did he? Ah crap. Nix that idea.

How do the rules on trades work when players sign and/or are traded. The time limit Randy Foye can be traded and Sebastian Telefair. Not that I want Telefair, just using him since he was a traded player. 6 month wait from the time of the transaction?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:30 PM   #41
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

wasnt it 30 days?
Old 07-11-2006, 05:51 PM   #42
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
I dont think AI and Pierce wins a title, whereas Perk, Al, Pierce, Green and whoever might in a couple of years.
I think winning a title with AI and Pierce is way more likely than hoping a couple of tall benchwarmers develop into superstars.

In order for Telfair/Green/Jefferson to develop into a contending tandem, they would not only have to exceed all realistic expectations put upon them, but they would have to out-develop the much better young cores that other EC teams have.

Bucks: Bogut/Villanueva/Williams
Raptors: Bosh/Ford/Bargnani
Magic: Howard/Milicic/Nelson
Bulls: Hinrich/Deng/Gordon/Thomas
Bobcats: Felton/Okafor/Morrison
Heat: Wade
Cavs: Lebron

I really think that if you're Danny Ainge, you have to face the facts, and do one of two things:
A: Trade away your rookie contracts for a guy like Iverson that will give you an outside chance during each of the next three years.
B: Trade Pierce away for a couple draft picks, and hope you can assemble a young core that is superior to all the ones I listed above.

Would anybody here take Telfair/Green/Jefferson over any of those young cores I listed? I think every one of those groups is better.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 06:18 PM   #43
hamburgerbuddy33
I airball my layups

hamburgerbuddy33 has no real reputation yet.

thats really good\
howd u do that?
hamburgerbuddy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 06:26 PM   #44
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamburgerbuddy33
thats really good\
howd u do that?

Read the thread.:rollingeyes:

How is this guy not banned but GoBB is?
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 07:29 PM   #45
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

I just don't see how the contracts could work. Somebody would have to be willing to take Wally, and I don't know any team that would want him. Who's capped out and needs help desperately at swingman? They also need to have 8.8 million in short term contracts lying around.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: