Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-30-2007, 10:12 PM   #16
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

Default Re: If Toronto picked Brandon Roy instead of Bargnani...

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahc
Roy > Bargnani

anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot
As of right now yes it isn't even argument that Roy>Bargs.

However, Bargs wasn't taken to be an immediate impact player. He was and still is a project. Roy is the better player now but in the future I am pretty damn sure that Bargs will be better. The potential that Bargnani has is way more than the potentiall Roy has. Colangelo made the right pick in taking Bargnani and if the draft was done over Bargs would still be the number 1 pick.

The people taking about the Villy-Ford trade, Colangelo made a great deal. Ford fitted the biggest need that the Raptors had. They had NO point guard going into the season. Ford is a great young PG. He is still improving and will only get better. There was no way that anybody could've expected Calderon to be so good this season.

Villy also didn't fit in with Toronto. He couldn't play SF. The other SF's ate him alive. He got abused by them on D. He couldn't play C. He is a bad rebounder and a bad post defender as well. He was a liability on D. He is a good young player but he didn't fit in with the Raptors.

The trade was and still is a great trade for the Raptors.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 10:26 PM   #17
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Even after Ford did so well this year, people are still wanting Villanueva instead?

Tim Thomas, part two.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 10:33 PM   #18
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Everything Colangelo did was the right move. He should have no regrets, everything worked perfectly.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:20 PM   #19
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

I can't give the Toronto Raptors franchise a lot of credit. There own sports writer voted against Brandon Roy because he couldn't take that Roy was better than Bargnani. When ever I make a shot in in 2K7, I always shout, "I'm Bargnani". I pronounce his name "Barn Yarn knee" though. It pisses people off because they knew that guy sucks and his name is annoying.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:23 PM   #20
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

I don't like Bargnani that much. Brandon Roy is a pimp.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:29 PM   #21
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
I can't give the Toronto Raptors franchise a lot of credit. There own sports writer voted against Brandon Roy because he couldn't take that Roy was better than Bargnani. When ever I make a shot in in 2K7, I always shout, "I'm Bargnani". I pronounce his name "Barn Yarn knee" though. It pisses people off because they knew that guy sucks and his name is annoying.

What does a sports writer have to do with the Toronto Raptors creditability?

Quote:
Pretty much. I never even heard anything about the guy all year long.

I agree with you there, it's so hard to hear about the #1 overall pick who won multiple Rookie of the Month awards and finished 2nd in the Rookie of the Year voting, a player who had an outside shot of winning the award until he went down at the end of the season due to emergency surgery. I mean, he's really flying under the NBA radar, maybe you should stop living under a rock before you voice critical opinions.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:33 PM   #22
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
What does a sports writer have to do with the Toronto Raptors creditability?

I agree with you there, it's so hard to hear about the #1 overall pick who won multiple Rookie of the Month awards and finished 2nd in the Rookie of the Year voting, a player who had an outside shot of winning the award until he went down at the end of the season due to emergency surgery. I mean, he's really flying under the NBA radar, maybe you should stop living under a rock before you voice critical opinions.

I didn't want to hold back the truth, but here it is...Bargnani sucks...face it..face it!!! Dude is garbage. How tacky is it that you vote for your own guy as Rookie of the Year when 127 people voted for Brandon Roy. The Raptors sucks period. That guy was an awful choice for them. TJ Ford and Chris Bosh are the only people on the team who should get the ball.

That guy is never going to be a star sorry.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:41 PM   #23
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

Quote:
I didn't want to hold back the truth, but here it is...Bargnani sucks...face it..face it!!! Dude is garbage. How tacky is it that you vote for your own guy as Rookie of the Year when 127 people voted for Brandon Roy. The Raptors sucks period. That guy was an awful choice for them. TJ Ford and Chris Bosh are the only people on the team who should get the ball.

Explain how Bargnani sucks. Don't just say "Bargnani is garbage" and "Bargnani sucks". Explain the reasons why you think that. I can see why you don't explain though. You don't want to make yourself look like a bigger retard than you already have. Don't worry it will take a lot to make yourself sound even dumber.

Again what the hell does a sportswriter have to do with the Raptors. Exactly nothing.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:48 PM   #24
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian
Explain how Bargnani sucks. Don't just say "Bargnani is garbage" and "Bargnani sucks". Explain the reasons why you think that. I can see why you don't explain though. You don't want to make yourself look like a bigger retard than you already have. Don't worry it will take a lot to make yourself sound even dumber.

Again what the hell does a sportswriter have to do with the Raptors. Exactly nothing.

Wow, your name is the Italian, and Bargnani is from Italy, and you have a Toronto Raptors avatar. Gee, I wonder why you would defend a player that didn't do **** his whole rookie year. Brandon Roy owned him in all categories but Blocks. I would expect that from a player that is 7 FEET TALL..!! though.

Would you want the voice of your team looking like a complete jack ass. Those are the people that spread the word out on who's good and who isn't. It's pretty bad when beat writers or your teams broad casters have to hype you own player when 127 to 1 think differently.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:01 AM   #25
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:

Andrea Bargnani wasn't even expected to make a true impact in the NBA this season and yet he was the first big man off the bench for a division winning basketball team. He was a key contributor all season and has superb skills for a man his size.

He averaged 12 points and 4 rebounds in only 25 minutes as an NBA rookie, very solid numbers that not many rookies could duplicate this season.

The voter in question is entitled to his opinion, if he thought Bargnani deserved the award because he helped his team get to the playoffs while Roy didn't, then that's his opinion, it doesn't discredit Bargnani or the Toronto Raptors, only the voter himself.

Bargnani will be highly respected once he develops, considering he wasn't expected to contribute this season and was able to have some notable games including:

18 points, 10 rebounds, 6 blocks versus Golden State in 24:49
23 points, 6 rebounds, 5-8 3PT versus Orlando in 30:06
16 points, 9 rebounds, 2 blocks versus Milwaukee in 30:26
22 points, 3 rebounds, 8-13 FG versus New Jersey in 32:18

There are many other games similar, to suggest this guy sucks is simply awful and reflects you as a contributor and the legitimacy of your insight, which as of right now is worthless, remove your horrid bias and then present a logical argument.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:10 AM   #26
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

Quote:
Wow, your name is the Italian, and Bargnani is from Italy, and you have a Toronto Raptors avatar. Gee, I wonder why you would defend a player that didn't do **** his whole rookie year. Brandon Roy owned him in all categories but Blocks. I would expect that from a player that is 7 FEET TALL..!! though.

Would you want the voice of your team looking like a complete jack ass. Those are the people that spread the word out on who's good and who isn't. It's pretty bad when beat writers or your teams broad casters have to hype you own player when 127 to 1 think differently.
Explain how Bargnani didn't do **** you jackass. You still haven't gave any proof that Bargnani is garbage. Instead you are just making yourself look like a complete retard. Congratulations on that buddy.

Petes post above me is exactly my opinion. So just read his post.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:18 AM   #27
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:

Hes not as good as Roy ok you can't just call him garbage for that. Explain how he is garbage.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:31 AM   #28
Young HkM
Up in the Rafters

Quote:

Just thought it was funny that you clown dude for supporting his team when you essentially doing the same thing.

Roy > Andrea Bargnani

Yes, but Toronto drafted him on where he'll be in a few season rather than where he would be his rookie season. I thought everyone knew that...apparently not.
Young HkM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 01:40 AM   #29
wally_world
M0derator

it's pretty much last year's "If Milwaukee picked Chris Paul instead of Andrew Bogut..." thread...
wally_world is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: