Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Seattle SuperSonics Forum

Seattle SuperSonics Forum Seattle Supersonics message board - sonics fan forum

Old 07-11-2006, 11:22 AM   #16
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

yea but the sonics might throw someone in there along with wilcox. i dont know...
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:25 AM   #17
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

who is in your avatar? is that Young Bosh?
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:45 AM   #18
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
who is in your avatar? is that Young Bosh?

It's Sam Perkins.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:46 AM   #19
NBAfan32
High school junior varsity star

NBAfan32 has an OK reputation so far

If the Suns trade Marion, they should ask for Lewis and Wilcox to be in the deal. Marion + Kurt Thomas for Lewis and Wilcox.
NBAfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:47 AM   #20
dmenzion
I hit open layups

dmenzion has decent reputation
Default Thats such a rip!!!

yeah Wilcox is good, but is nothing compared to Marion you have All-Star for role player why on earth would u do that, horrible! id like to c Wilcox in PHX, but maybe for Kurt Thomas
dmenzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:48 AM   #21
dmenzion
I hit open layups

dmenzion has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAfan32
If the Suns trade Marion, they should ask for Lewis and Wilcox to be in the deal. Marion + Kurt Thomas for Lewis and Wilcox.

thats a lil better...but i dunno marion plays both ends, and does a hella good job!
dmenzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:54 AM   #22
NBAfan32
High school junior varsity star

NBAfan32 has an OK reputation so far

There were rumors days before the draft about that possible trade anyway that included the Sonics throwing a first round to the Suns.
NBAfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:04 PM   #23
joe lucky
Decent playground baller

joe lucky has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

I don't see Marion thriving on the Sonics. Rashard fits well in Seattle and Marion fits on the Suns. I think thats a bad trade. If the Suns can get Wilcox for KT straight up that would be great for the Suns and a slight step down for the Sonics in terms of paint production and rebounding.
joe lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:04 PM   #24
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

This is actually a pretty fair deal for both teams.

Last year Vlade Dade thought he was worth more than 6 years, $42 million. He ended up losing around 9 million from declining that offer (from signing a one year deal last year and then a 5 year MLE deal this year).

Wilcox ought to be smart and take that deal. Or take a 3 year deal at say $22 million and then go back into free agency. That worked for Jason Terry.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:06 PM   #25
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

New Jazzy Nets has an OK reputation so far

If the sonics think that Wilcox is worth Marion then why won't they pay Wilcox? Makes no sense that place has been cooky since kemp and payton left.
New Jazzy Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:11 PM   #26
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe lucky
I don't see Marion thriving on the Sonics. Rashard fits well in Seattle and Marion fits on the Suns. I think thats a bad trade. If the Suns can get Wilcox for KT straight up that would be great for the Suns and a slight step down for the Sonics in terms of paint production and rebounding.

Kurt Thomas for Wilcox is a pretty deal as well for both teams.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:27 PM   #27
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Wilcox is just lucky. If it wasnt for other stupid GM's paying players like Nene, Curry, Chandler and Dalembert so much, Wilcox would be being overpaid with what Seattle offered. I like what they are doing really, they have Collison to play PF if they dont re-sign him and they can always match if he gets an offer that is acceptable. No point to them offering him a huge contract, let someone else do it and then extort them with the threat to match(ie Joe Johnson).
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:34 PM   #28
Juvenile
High School Varsity 12th Man

Juvenile has no real reputation yet.

Wilcox earning 10 million/year would be ridiculous. Magic/Bird didn't even earn half as much in the 80's. How can GMs just throw millions of dollars and cap flexibility hat mediocre basketball players. I dont get it
Juvenile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:45 PM   #29
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Quote:
Wilcox earning 10 million/year would be ridiculous. Magic/Bird didn't even earn half as much in the 80's. How can GMs just throw millions of dollars and cap flexibility hat mediocre basketball players. I dont get it

Because the reality is that they most likely wont be around long enough to have to suffer the consequences(the good GM's generally dont do that). On top of that, by having a soft cap you may aswell not have a cap and the guarenteed contracts basically make the job a nightmare, you have to not only judge talent, but even more so you have to judge the character, if you are unlucky enough to get someone who will dog it you can do absolutely nothing about it.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:57 PM   #30
Dayton100
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Dayton100 has an OK reputation so far
Default Wilcox for Marion

Shawn Marion is way underrated as a player. He is a player that can mesh with any playing style, because he is so athletic. Chris Wilcox on the other hand is a hardcore jammer - a poor man's Amare. You can compare him to Stromile Swift. A swap of Marion for Wilcox is in Seattle's dreams, but a 2 man swap for Rashard Lewis and Chris Wilcox for Shawn Marion and KT would be seriously worth considering. Rashard Lewis is the player that Phoenix needs and Wilcox will be such a good backup for Phoenix. Shawn Marion on the other end would still be getting his Matrix like stats with Ray.
Dayton100 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: