Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Seattle SuperSonics Forum

Seattle SuperSonics Forum Seattle Supersonics message board - sonics fan forum

Old 07-11-2006, 01:06 PM   #31
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Quote:
Shawn Marion is way underrated as a player. He is a player that can mesh with any playing style, because he is so athletic. Chris Wilcox on the other hand is a hardcore jammer - a poor man's Amare. You can compare him to Stromile Swift. A swap of Marion for Wilcox is in Seattle's dreams, but a 2 man swap for Rashard Lewis and Chris Wilcox for Shawn Marion and KT would be seriously worth considering. Rashard Lewis is the player that Phoenix needs and Wilcox will be such a good backup for Phoenix. Shawn Marion on the other end would still be getting his Matrix like stats with Ray.

Only problem with that is that it would basically undo all of Phoenix's hard work to become credible defensively last year. Would make them much more like the team from the year before and would basically mean that Diaw and Bell were their only good defenders. Offensively it's a nice idea though.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 01:20 PM   #32
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

what the hell? he thinks he is a 6 year $60 million man? yea f-ing right. good job screwing up free agency this year Denver. im sure tons of teams are happy you set the bar for overpaid career backup big men.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 01:35 PM   #33
Dick Biggly
Good High School Starter

Dick Biggly has no real reputation yet.

the only reason the Suns thought about trading Marion was to free up cap room once Amare and Diaw's extensions kick in and avoid the luxery tax, why would they then trade him to take on the big contract of a player that is WORSE than he is?
Dick Biggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:13 PM   #34
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
what the hell? he thinks he is a 6 year $60 million man? yea f-ing right. good job screwing up free agency this year Denver. im sure tons of teams are happy you set the bar for overpaid career backup big men.

Is the last year of Nene's deal guaranteed?

If it isn't, and it is around 12-13 million, then Nene really got 5 years, $47-48 million, which is about what Prince and Dunleavy got last year, so that is more reasonable.

But Wilcox is not worth more than a 3 year deal at say $18-20 million. Even that is overpricing him, but that is current market value.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:17 PM   #35
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster

Wilcox? For a top 10 in almost EVERYY STAT player?

BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:21 PM   #36
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster

Marion is not getting traded for at least a year.
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:56 PM   #37
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Man, if I were the Sonics i'd just tell Wilcox to go f*** himself. He can go take the midlevel somewhere, but there's no way in hell he's getting anything over $40M.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:18 AM   #38
TruNbaAnalyst
I airball my layups

TruNbaAnalyst has an OK reputation so far

He probably will with the GMs nowadays. Denver signed up Nene right away at a very high price but believe it or not, some other team could of offered even more. People now overpay to get the players they want and im pretty sure the nba players know this too. For this reason i would bet why wilcox is pulliing for about the same money as nene. And if thats not on his mind and he thinks hes good enough for 60million... then god help him
TruNbaAnalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:13 AM   #39
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Why not trade Marion? Boris Diaw can do almost everything Marion can, and you get a quality big.

Suns

KT
Marion

for

Wilcox
Rashard Lewis

This trade would be perfect for the Suns b/c it would give them another outside shooter and a post up player. And to make matters better, you get rid of KT's big contract, who will probably injured half the time, and get a stud in Wilcox. Come on, how many bad playoff performances from Marion do we need to see before we call him overated?
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:34 AM   #40
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

ExpatSunsFan has an OK reputation so far

First, Marion's salary matches Wilcox and Lewis together. You might be able to add a contract like James Jones, but KT makes too much (and the Suns definitely aren't taking Danny Fortson, not even to make the numbers match).

Second, I can't imagine what value Wilcox would bring to the Suns to justify giving him a big contract. He'd be a backup for that entire contract, so why would the Suns offer him more than the MLE?

If Wilcox was talking MLE-level for three years, and Lewis was willing not to opt out of his deal, I could see the Suns making that trade. But I don't see why Wilcox would do that, and besides, that's not Marion for Wilcox, it's Marion for Lewis, with Wilcox as the kicker.

"Marion for Wilcox"? You've got to be kidding me.
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:39 AM   #41
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

HALLandOATES has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Why not trade Marion? Boris Diaw can do almost everything Marion can, and you get a quality big.

Suns

KT
Marion

for

Wilcox
Rashard Lewis

This trade would be perfect for the Suns b/c it would give them another outside shooter and a post up player. And to make matters better, you get rid of KT's big contract, who will probably injured half the time, and get a stud in Wilcox. Come on, how many bad playoff performances from Marion do we need to see before we call him overated?

Adding Rashard makes takes it a little over the top and favors the Suns. No really way of evening it out though
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:56 AM   #42
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

They wanted Marion for Wilcox straight up? Are they insane. Dude has a solid half year, and now they think he is worth an all-star?

Oh well, I guess I can't blame them for trying.

I don't like the KT and Marion trade for Wilcox and Lewis. What does that really do for the Suns? All that does is eliminate a lot of the defense that we had, which isn't much, and replace it with a soft, jump shooter, who can't play a lick of D, and an unproven forward to which we would be paying a large sum of money to for coming off the bench. Plus, they still need to extend Diaw. No dice.

Diaw>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wilcox
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 02:04 AM   #43
SaveThePigs
I airball my layups

SaveThePigs has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALLandOATES
Adding Rashard makes takes it a little over the top and favors the Suns. No really way of evening it out though

Why not just offer Marion and Barbosa for Wilcox and Lewis. It's pretty even. Well this would come under terms that Wilcox signed for like 3 years instead of a ridiculous 6 years 60M.

Phoenix has to choose now, Barbosa or Diaw. One of them are going to get an extension, that's going to be almost adding another max contract to them.

I'll put this scenario out there see what I get as a response.

Phoenix Trades
Marion (15M)
Barbosa (1.7M)

Sonics Trades
Lewis (9.3M)
Wilcox (signing a 30M 4 year deal w/ PO on 4th year, roughly starting 6.8M)

Honestly, Phoenix will be unable to keep both Barbosa and Diaw. I'd choose Diaw over Barbosa anyday. Lewis can perhaps come to an agreement that he won't opt out on 2007/2008 as long as they work out an extension. Wilcox gets a decent contract.

What do yall think?
SaveThePigs is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: