Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-30-2007, 03:18 AM   #1
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here
Default Can someone give me an opinion on a book?

"The Last Banner" The Story of the 1985-86 Celtics. The NBA's Greatest Team of All Time.

has any1 read it before? is so.... how is it?
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 09:57 AM   #2
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Can someone give me an opinion on a book?

I read it years ago. It's alright. Nothing I'd go nuts over.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:52 PM   #3
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I read it years ago. It's alright. Nothing I'd go nuts over.

what did the author talk about?
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:03 PM   #4
TheHonestTruth
Banned

TheHonestTruth has no real reputation yet.

It's a good book about that season only. If you're a Laker fan you probably won't enjoy it as much.
TheHonestTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:04 PM   #5
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

wow. a book about one (1) season.

sounds... like there are better things out there to read.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 02:22 PM   #6
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
what did the author talk about?

The Story of the 1985-86 Celtics....lol
it's ok some behind the scenes stuff.. to be honest it's just OK nothing earth shattering, no real dirt that makes you go "o wow"
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 03:28 PM   #7
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There's a lot of personality developed. Locker room kind of stuff. It's better then the book about the Suns that came out a few years ago, as far as single season tag along books go, which aren't really all that rare. That Suns book just happened to come out right when they were on the cusp of going to a new style. Most of their guys come off as *******s though, especially Marion.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 03:54 PM   #8
Byrdo
I brick open layups

Byrdo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Phil Jacksons book 'The last season' was about the last year the lakers won the title, great book, it was just about that one year...
Byrdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 04:51 PM   #9
Psileas
NBA lottery pick

Psileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's supposed to be a good book, but I've heard the writer looks like a Celtics homer, at least when he compares the '86 Celtics to the other all-time great teams.

Quote:

On the contrary, its specialized content will probably make it a more interesting read and will show you more things you didn't know than a more general title like, e.g, a book called "The history of the Celtics".
Psileas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 05:37 PM   #10
Solid Snake
Local High School Star

Solid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong waySolid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong way

read Native Son by Richard Wright. Right now.
Solid Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 06:07 PM   #11
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
read Native Son by Richard Wright. Right now.
is he the guy who wrote Black Boy? man I hated that book

Quote:
On the contrary, its specialized content will probably make it a more interesting read and will show you more things you didn't know than a more general title like, e.g, a book called "The history of the Celtics".
I might give it a look. as far as basketball books go, I've got Wilt's book, "Let me tell you a story," and am halfway through Paul Shirley's book. I don't even really like reading basketball books. if it's well written and entertaining I'll read anything but I don't really care about the subject matter particularly (like I do Shirley's and Wilt's).
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 07:12 PM   #12
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Most of their guys come off as *******s though, especially Marion.
Shawn Marion is an absolute piece of work, it's that simple. I wouldn't give up more a bottle of my Red Man chew spit for him.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 08:08 PM   #13
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Shawn Marion is an absolute piece of work, it's that simple. I wouldn't give up more a bottle of my Red Man chew spit for him.

I agree. Did you read that article on him in ESPN the mag? Totally comes across as being a big richard head
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: