Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New Orleans Pelicans Forum

New Orleans Pelicans Forum New Orleans Pelicans message board - New Orleans Pelicans Forum

Old 07-05-2006, 09:46 PM   #1
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation
Default chandler traded to hornets...

for pj brown and jr smith. I think this is dumb for several reasons. U guys drafted 2 guys that play just like chandler. PJ has been the elder statesman for u team and hes entering the final year of his contract which would take 8 million off the books next year. And JR smith is an athlete who has a great amount of potential, so u couldve gotten much more for him.
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:06 PM   #2
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

the hornets are goin to regret trading jr smith. to me this is a dum trade. i would much rather have pj brown over chandler any day. and u trade jr smith. when the hornets sign peja i know jr smith was goin to be traded but to just get chandler i agree with u they could have done better then that. hey maybe they see somethin in chandler that we dont see.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:10 AM   #3
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

vmdv12 has an OK reputation so far

I disagree! People forget that when Eddy and Tyson were last together..the Bulls had the 3rd best record in the Eastern Conference. The media was ripping Eddy at the time and Tyson was the favored of the two. He had a horrible year last year yet STILL averaged over 9 boards a game. He will do great with the Hornets for YEARS to come. He's nothing close to the guys that they drafted. He's 7'1" and can run like a deer. I hate to see him leave Chicago. Even while he had a terrible year he still addressed the media like a pro. He doesn't cause problems or get into trouble. He had HUGE plays that led to that great season with Eddy by his side. Not many guys make huge defensive plays like he does. Last year he learned a lot with Eddy gone and that will carry over to next year. He will do great for them...EVERYONE will see!
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 04:23 AM   #4
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

terrible trade... Chandler isn't worth that much, there are other teams wanting someone like JR Smith... so why trade him in a 2 for 1 deal??? if the Bulls have topped in another player this deal would make much more sense...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 11:58 AM   #5
oldschool32
Can barely lace up my sneakers

oldschool32 has an OK reputation so far

yea that would of made more sense....didnt sign Hilton and Cedric??? I dont know what Chandler would do, i was never really a fan of Tyson...
oldschool32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 08:59 PM   #6
IL Mago
I airball my layups

IL Mago has an OK reputation so far

This was a horrible trade. Not only is pj brown veteran with character whos contract is comin off the books but they also gave up jr smith, a guy with potential to be an all star. and in return you get tyson chandler who has the exactly same game as armstrong and simmons (Defensive prescence with no offense to speak off) and take his bloated contract. dats just stupid IMO
IL Mago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 02:59 PM   #7
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

Quote:
This was a horrible trade. Not only is pj brown veteran with character whos contract is comin off the books but they also gave up jr smith, a guy with potential to be an all star. and in return you get tyson chandler who has the exactly same game as armstrong and simmons (Defensive prescence with no offense to speak off) and take his bloated contract. dats just stupid IMO

I think the trade was ok. The Bulls got P.J.'s expiring contract, which will give them some money to resign Ben Gordon, and J.R. Smith, and SG that has all the tools that Kobe and T-Mac have to be the next star in Chicago.

For New Orleans, they get another solid defensive presence inside in Tyson Chandler. He has offense; he averaged like 17 ppg in the playoffs, and is just starting to blossom. You guys are foolish to not want him. He could be a 20/10/3 guy for you. He completes your inside out game and you are now contenders in the west. Be happy for Pete's sake.

And J.R. Smith would never be an All Star while Byron Scott is coach.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 05:56 PM   #8
HORNETSFAN
Can barely lace up my sneakers

HORNETSFAN has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
terrible trade... Chandler isn't worth that much, there are other teams wanting someone like JR Smith... so why trade him in a 2 for 1 deal??? if the Bulls have topped in another player this deal would make much more sense...
Almost NO team wanted JR. Chicago is now unloading him again for an unguaranteed contract and future 2nd rounders. He has no value because of his attitude (exaserbated by his Dad's actions as well).
HORNETSFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 11:33 PM   #9
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

I don't have faith in chandler developing an offense

Maybe he should give up on it and just become an even better defender and rebounder. Be a taller dennis rodman
insidehoops is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: