Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-30-2007, 12:26 PM   #16
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

eeeeeebro has decent reputationeeeeeebro has decent reputation
Default Re: Who will be a first time All Star next year...!!!??

durant oden
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:31 PM   #17
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeeeeebro
durant oden

nahh. Unless there are extremely incredible during the season.

Duncan, I believe was the last one to do be an all star during rookie season.

before that was Jordan..
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:39 PM   #18
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeeeeebro
oden

Let's see, Yao will likely be injured, Amare is lock, if healthy, he pretty much has to beat out Memo, which I think he could. I say Oden makes it.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:51 PM   #19
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by _KP_The_Familia_
Only one guy mentioned Al Jefferson??? Y'all ridiculous...he's making it for sure. Has Joe Johnson made it before? Because he will make it.

Definite:

Al Jefferson
Joe Johnson
Luol Deng

Possible:

E. Curry
Z. Randolph
A. Igoudala

Possible but less likely:

CP3
D.W.
G-Wall
Josh Smith
Gordan
Okafor

perfect answer... too bad that's quite alot of choices... i would take away Okafor (since J-Rich is coming to town) and Eddy Curry/Z-Bo (i feel David Lee will uot-do either or both of them)...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:09 PM   #20
bail
Serious playground baller

bail has an OK reputation so far

Oden will be an All Star book it.
bail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:12 PM   #21
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lol @ Monta Ellis mention.
Deron Williams and Luol Deng are locks. Al Jefferson, too. Though, taking into mind what hateraid said, D. Will's chances are slim.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:18 PM   #22
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bail
Oden will be an All Star book it.

@ you. Rookies don't make the all star, if that happens I am pulling a Isiah Thomas to play.

*Waits for rant messages and bolockings from OSU Fans*
Old 06-30-2007, 01:20 PM   #23
bail
Serious playground baller

bail has an OK reputation so far

are you saying that rookies have no chance to play their first all star game?
bail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:24 PM   #24
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

Oden would have a tougher time making the all-star than Durant... since Seattle has decided to make Durant their main option... Oden isn't really an all-star player... until he develops an offensive game... defence isn't exciting... the all-star game is... i like Brandan Roy's chances though... since Z-Bo's gone... he's pretty much the 1st option...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:24 PM   #25
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:

I am saying that most rookies don't usually make the All Star game during their first season. The only 2 that actually made the All Star team were MJ and TD.

And Oden for sure won't make all star team.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:28 PM   #26
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

A.Iguodala, A.Jefferson, D. Williams, Randolph(maybe),L.Deng, C.Paul all have a good chance.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:31 PM   #27
Mathius

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Deron Williams will not be an all-star. It's just way to stacked in the west.

Yeah, the problem with all these people and their "first-time all-star" picks, is that they fail to understand that for every new all star, someone from last years team has to not make it.

I think AI2 is a good solid choice. Maybe even Gibson if he plays all year like he did in the Finals, but again, that's a big IF. He's more of a MIP candidate.

Quote:

Not unless they're voted in by the fans. I don't see Oden being THAT popular.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:34 PM   #28
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Drob, Shaq, Ewing, Hakeem, Duncan, Yao, and even Dikembe Mutombo were all rookie year all stars. If the west takes 3 centers I think Oden could make it over Okur and if not Yao and Amare arent the most healthy guys. I wont count out Oden as a year one all star especially if the Blazers are in the playoff race at midseason.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:40 PM   #29
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Serious Candidates
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Andre Iguodala
Gerald Wallace
Jason Richardson
Emeka Okafor
Kirk Hinrich
Loul Deng
Tyson Chandler

I also saw someone mention Joe Johnson, but he was an All-Star year (replaced Jason Kidd).

I listed Gerald Wallace and Jason Richardson. I'm assuming that the Cats re-sign Wallace. If this happens, I think only one those two players as a serious chance playing with the other. In fact, I think only one of Wallace/Richardson/Okafor would have a serious chance.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:49 PM   #30
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

1. Eddy Curry- He will be voted as the starting Center in the Eastern Conference now that Shaquille O'Neal is declining on his performance. I hope NY Knicks Fan would campaign for this guy in the nexts all star balloting. He will probably be a 20 PPG scorer next year that might guarantee him a slot in the 12 man lineup.

2. Andrei Iguodala- I love the performance of this guy he is an amazing dunker, leader and a great athlete for the Philadelphia 76ers.

3. Zach Randolph
4. Monta Ellis
5. Kevin Martin
6. Daniel Gibson
7. Luol Deng
8. Ben Gordon
9. Kirk Hinrich
10. Jason Richardson
11. Big Al Jefferson
12. Tayshaun Prince

Last edited by Lebron23 : 06-30-2007 at 01:54 PM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: