Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-30-2007, 12:24 PM   #16
SuperboyXX0018
Banned

SuperboyXX0018 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Celtics won't make playoffs? Paul Pierce Sucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
Not with Jamal Crawful. Your team won't compete with a horrible SG, Jamal Crawful ala Larry Hughes.

I know that, I want him off the team and I believe Isiah will look to move him and another player maybe Nate Robinson. We need pass first guards who can shoot the ball and play decent defense.
SuperboyXX0018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:25 PM   #17
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
the only real knocks on him are pure athleticism and leadership

I agree... and the thing about his lack of leadership is that he simply isn't vocal; he's laid back. I think he would be a great leader if he'd take more of an active, vocal role as the captain of this team. He has all of the skills... he just hasn't been dynamic enough. Perhaps with everything that's gone on this season, he'll take on that role to some extent.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:33 PM   #18
_KP_The_Familia_
Serious playground baller

_KP_The_Familia_ has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces

Ray Allen is really good. SO is Big Al. They will have 3 of the best 4 players on the court against every team in the East.

Hmmmmmmm....

Miami: Check - Shaq is done
Cavs: Check - Hughes isn't even close
Raps: Check - Sorry Ford
Nets: Debatable - I'd say 3 of the top 5, Celts top 3 > R-G@y
Detroit: Check
Orlando: Check
Chicago: Check

yup sounds about right, Boston SHOULD make the playoffs next year
_KP_The_Familia_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:36 PM   #19
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperboyXX0018
I know that, I want him off the team and I believe Isiah will look to move him and another player maybe Nate Robinson. We need pass first guards who can shoot the ball and play decent defense.

Only good for Crawford is for bench. And the only game that was decent was his career high game.
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:39 PM   #20
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Atlantic division is tough now. We have to pray NYK ****s up their talent again. No one has the post defense to stop Curry and Randolph.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:45 PM   #21
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Atlantic division is tough now. We have to pray NYK ****s up their talent again. No one has the post defense to stop Curry and Randolph.

but hte knicks have no defense to stop anyone else's... anything else..
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:48 PM   #22
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

thats true as well

we can count on NYK to F it up

division is between Boston, Toronto, and NJ
Old 06-30-2007, 12:49 PM   #23
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

firstly... i think the Celtics will make the playoffs... teams in the East better than Boston : Chicage, Cleveland, Toronto.... Miami is getting older and sole-reliance of D-Wade won't get them far... i say they'll make the playoffs... with a worse record than Boston... Washington can make the playoffs too... same thing... Boston's better... Wiz are not gonna perform as well as they did this season... Gilbert's not gonna do "it" again... Detriot is falling apart... Rip and Tay-P are the only 2 pieces left in their rotation i feel... i don't like their chances... New York is talented but highly unpredictable... they may be the best... or even the worse...

secondly... PP doesn't suck... he's better than Ray Allen i feel... he can rebound pass and play D...

thirdly... yes... don't even try talking to them and lose 3 years in your life...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:51 PM   #24
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah, everyone is talking about thier post offense, but Dyess, Sheed, Z, Dwight, Thomas, Big Al, Bosh...will all be destroying them on the other end and most of them will be putting in some defensive effort against them. Knicks will still have big problems.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:52 PM   #25
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Ben Wallace? if he can defend Shaq, he defend Curry..

Tyrus Thomas is a good defender.
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:55 PM   #26
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Quote:
Rip and Tay-P are the only 2 pieces left in their rotation i feel

you must be feeling sick, go to the doctor
Old 06-30-2007, 06:01 PM   #27
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

I'm very eager to see how Al Jefferson plays next season... He had some great games, especially against some of the better teams out west. I have to say it again... I just can't see that trio missing the playoffs unless there are some major, major injuries... and even then, we play in the east.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 06:16 PM   #28
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
I'm very eager to see how Al Jefferson plays next season... He had some great games, especially against some of the better teams out west. I have to say it again... I just can't see that trio missing the playoffs unless there are some major, major injuries... and even then, we play in the east.

to answer your question very simply... once players get hurt and miss extended time, the average Joe forgets about him and begins to believe that he was neveer really that good.

this forum is the best example. One year ago, according to this forum, DWade was the best player in the world, or darn close to it. Over the past 6 months, well, you know...

Fact is, PP is a perennial all-star and one of the best players in the game. Personally, I think getting Ray Allen was a very smart move on several levels:
1. fits with PP much better than, say, Marion. Neither player will have to play out of position.
2. mgmt had to make a decision to win now or, conversely, just trade PP; in which case probably could not get value for PP. Given a generally weak eastern conference (see Cavs), the time is RIPE to run for the championship.

Ray, PP, AlJeff is a very solid 3-some. KEEP Ratliff to play serious interior D. Team has decent depth.

I think they should contend for the Finals...YES, Finals...IF they stay healthy.

Last edited by bleedinpurpleTwo : 06-30-2007 at 06:18 PM.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 06:18 PM   #29
SuperboyXX0018
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
Ben Wallace? if he can defend Shaq, he defend Curry..

Tyrus Thomas is a good defender.

LOL! Teams double and triple team Curry. And Tyrus Thomas can stop 285 pound Curry?
Old 06-30-2007, 06:19 PM   #30
SuperboyXX0018
Banned

Quote:
thats true as well

we can count on NYK to F it up

division is between Boston, Toronto, and NJ

We'll see.....
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: