Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-30-2007, 12:50 PM   #1
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool
Default Someone said that Noah is a soft player

Someone actually suggested to me that Noah is soft. So I asked:

"How do you figure?"

He replied: "I just know"

I said "How?"

"I Know"

So I asked him if he watched him play in college, he said "Not really"

I got a pretty good idea on why he made his assessment on Noah without much to back it up. Really no need to explain as it's obvious as to why he made this shallow judgment.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:40 PM   #2
Dr Giggles
Kids at the park dunk on me

Dr Giggles has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Someone said that Noah is a soft player

Skinny players
European players
Players from wealthy backgrounds
Well spoken players

All the above are generally regarded as soft on this board, regardless of how they play, Tony Parker is an example, people here have called him soft, how so? For driving successfully against much bigger players? Stereotyping is a *****.
Dr Giggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:43 PM   #3
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Giggles
Skinny players
European players
Players from wealthy backgrounds
Well spoken players

All the above are generally regarded as soft on this board, regardless of how they play, Tony Parker is an example, people here have called him soft, how so? For driving successfully against much bigger players? Stereotyping is a *****.
For running head first into Steve Nash and collapsing to the ground like he was shot and remaining there for a good time while Nash, standing straight up, is split open and bleeding like no one's business.

That's why I call Parker soft.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:51 PM   #4
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
For running head first into Steve Nash and collapsing to the ground like he was shot and remaining there for a good time while Nash, standing straight up, is split open and bleeding like no one's business.

That's why I call Parker soft.

just because someone is bleeding doesnt mean that it hurts...Parker could have still gotten the worst of it...
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:52 PM   #5
GoldNugg21
Good High School Starter

GoldNugg21 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
just because someone is bleeding doesnt mean that it hurts...Parker could have still gotten the worst of it...
I'm sorry, but if you think Steve Nash is soft, you need to be watching a different sport. Go away.
GoldNugg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:54 PM   #6
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldNugg21
I'm sorry, but if you think Steve Nash is soft, you need to be watching a different sport. Go away.

I don't think he's saying Nash is soft, I think he's arguing Parker isn't
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:54 PM   #7
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
i'm pretty sure thats not what he was trying to say
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:55 PM   #8
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:

i dont think Nash is soft...i just dont like him and his followers...but he has come up short with a lot of talent a good amount of time.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:58 PM   #9
Collie
Good college starter

Collie is a pretty well-respected posterCollie is a pretty well-respected posterCollie is a pretty well-respected posterCollie is a pretty well-respected poster

Noah isn't soft... he's willing to bang down low and do the dirty work. I think people think he's soft because he's rather skinny and is sorta white :
Collie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:59 PM   #10
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
i dont think Nash is soft...i just dont like him and his followers...but he has come up short with a lot of talent a good amount of time.
Your opinion on anything should just be considered null and void.

falkin kobe ********...
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:59 PM   #11
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

Nash is a flopper and to me flopping is b.itchmade so Nash= bi.tchmade= soft.

Last edited by DatZNasty : 06-30-2007 at 02:04 PM.
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 02:11 PM   #12
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
Nash is a flopper and to me flopping is b.itchmade so Nash= bi.tchmade= soft.
Right. But he didn't flop against Parker.

Parker flopped against Nash in that incident.

So Parker = soft, right?
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 02:13 PM   #13
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Neither Parker nor Nash are "soft" in any sort of manner that hurts their ability to be really good at playing nba basketball
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 02:28 PM   #14
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Right. But he didn't flop against Parker.

Parker flopped against Nash in that incident.

So Parker = soft, right?

Okay here's what we'll do, you come at me at a reasonable speed and lower your head. I'll hit you on the soft spot, and then when you go down I'll say,

"Quit flopping"
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 02:38 PM   #15
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

flopping doesnt equal soft...Both PGs are willing to drive and go against big men. Nash does a crapload of running up and down the court as well so I am not going to call that soft.

Flopping=good defense, in my opinion. It doesnt mean you are soft but means you have the ability to construct your body in a manner to give you the better side of a call.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: