Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-30-2007, 06:03 PM   #1
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster
Default My trade idea for Portland-Chicago

While I think these two teams both have a very nice roster overall, each have a weakness of their own, so here is my idea for a trade that helps both team.

Portland has got a LOT of great young talent, but they are not very strong at the SF position and lack the presence of a proven veteran winner.

Chicago has a lot of energy, and has some great interior defense and perimeter offense. What they lack is a frontcourt player with a strong offensive game, to help take some of the pressure off the backcourt.

So here's a trade idea to help fill those holes for both teams, while giving up nothing vital:

S&T of Andres Nocioni for Channing Frye, with whatever fillers needed thrown in to make the trade work.

Chicago is already set at SF with Deng, so they can afford to trade away Nocioni, especially when they get a young talented frouncout player like Frye in return. Portland meanwhile already have all the frountcourt players they need, headlined by Oden and Aldridge, so they can easily afford to part with Frye in return for a clear upgrade at SF.
BigTicket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:01 PM   #2
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: My trade idea for Portland-Chicago

I would trade Nocioni and Duhon for Frye and Webster.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:06 PM   #3
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Sounds good for both teams.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:23 PM   #4
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

I would try to get magloire intead. frye is nice but he's more of a jump shooter and plays soft most of the time. and with wallace, thomas and noah he'll look even more soft
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:25 PM   #5
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig
I would try to get magloire intead. frye is nice but he's more of a jump shooter and plays soft most of the time. and with wallace, thomas and noah he'll look even more soft

Magloire is a free agent so if they want they can pick him up too. Bulls need all the scoring down low they can get.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:01 AM   #6
NBAFan
Kids at the park dunk on me

NBAFan has an OK reputation so far

Very good proposal, congrats.
NBAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:36 AM   #7
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

i would do it if im a Portland guy... if not i'll play Frye at SF : : :

he plays like one if you do not take regards to his height...
wally_world is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 01:07 AM   #8
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

The sad thing is that such a trade scenario probably hasn't come up for either team in reality and that's too bad because I think such a trade would benefit both teams.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:39 AM   #9
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket
While I think these two teams both have a very nice roster overall, each have a weakness of their own, so here is my idea for a trade that helps both team.

Portland has got a LOT of great young talent, but they are not very strong at the SF position and lack the presence of a proven veteran winner.

Chicago has a lot of energy, and has some great interior defense and perimeter offense. What they lack is a frontcourt player with a strong offensive game, to help take some of the pressure off the backcourt.

So here's a trade idea to help fill those holes for both teams, while giving up nothing vital:

S&T of Andres Nocioni for Channing Frye, with whatever fillers needed thrown in to make the trade work.

Chicago is already set at SF with Deng, so they can afford to trade away Nocioni, especially when they get a young talented frouncout player like Frye in return. Portland meanwhile already have all the frountcourt players they need, headlined by Oden and Aldridge, so they can easily afford to part with Frye in return for a clear upgrade at SF.

ehh, u listed chicagos reason for doing the trade as getting more offense but nocioni averaged significantly higher in scoring, n what about tyrus thomas?
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 02:17 AM   #10
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I doubt Portland would want to waste money on Nocioni...
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 05:00 AM   #11
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He is good, but there are other players I would rather have the Nocioni. Rashard Lewis or Luke Walton would be better trades for Portland.

Luke Walton is that guy that can start or come off the bench and rebound and play defense. He is the perfect role player for a team.

Lewis has a better stoke than Nocioni.

Nice off though, doubt we would do it because our GM like Frye.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: