Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 07-01-2007, 12:23 PM   #1
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Default This board is dead

I'm gonna start some discussion:

Next season, I look for Gibson and Snow to share the minutes at PG. Enough with this Larry Hughes crap at the point. He's not a real PG and never will be. We don't have enough money to go after any free agents, so this will continue to be a weakness for us. If only there was a way to combine Snow's knowledge and Gibson's athletic ability. *sigh*

Hopefully, we can resign Pavlovic. He's a nice player who is only getting better. However, with the monster contract that Hughes has, we can't justify sticking his worthless behind on the bench, so Sasha will have to be a sixth man for us. LeBron at the SF will only continue to get better. Also, I look for an angrier, more motivated player after the finals embarrassment.

In the frontcourt, I say try and trade Gooden. He is who he is. He isn't a very intelligent basketball player, as his flagrant foul on Rasheed Wallace on game 3 could've been the turning point. As for Varejao, I partially agree with Matius on his views of the guy, but he's a real effective energy player who can contribute in spurts. I think his offensive game will improve, as I look for him to start developing a jumper. Z will have a decent year in the middle, though he is aging.

Our bench will consist of many of the same familiar faces. Some of the names I have already discussed, but maybe we can go out there and get a real PG, or some depth at PF. Don't really see that happening, though.

Overall, I think we're going to take a slight step back. Noone is gonna take Hughes off our hands. His contract is killing us. We just have to hope that maybe he wakes up one morning and decides he wants to become the basketball player we all think he could've been at one point, but with each passing season, that seems more and more unlikely.

Thoughts/opinions?
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 07:29 PM   #2
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: This board is dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I'm gonna start some discussion:

Next season, I look for Gibson and Snow to share the minutes at PG. Enough with this Larry Hughes crap at the point. He's not a real PG and never will be. We don't have enough money to go after any free agents, so this will continue to be a weakness for us. If only there was a way to combine Snow's knowledge and Gibson's athletic ability. *sigh*

Hopefully, we can resign Pavlovic. He's a nice player who is only getting better. However, with the monster contract that Hughes has, we can't justify sticking his worthless behind on the bench, so Sasha will have to be a sixth man for us. LeBron at the SF will only continue to get better. Also, I look for an angrier, more motivated player after the finals embarrassment.

In the frontcourt, I say try and trade Gooden. He is who he is. He isn't a very intelligent basketball player, as his flagrant foul on Rasheed Wallace on game 3 could've been the turning point. As for Varejao, I partially agree with Matius on his views of the guy, but he's a real effective energy player who can contribute in spurts. I think his offensive game will improve, as I look for him to start developing a jumper. Z will have a decent year in the middle, though he is aging.

Our bench will consist of many of the same familiar faces. Some of the names I have already discussed, but maybe we can go out there and get a real PG, or some depth at PF. Don't really see that happening, though.

Overall, I think we're going to take a slight step back. Noone is gonna take Hughes off our hands. His contract is killing us. We just have to hope that maybe he wakes up one morning and decides he wants to become the basketball player we all think he could've been at one point, but with each passing season, that seems more and more unlikely.

Thoughts/opinions?

The board is dead because there's very little going on. We got our asses handed to us in the Finals to the point where everyone is all over the whole West > East argument. It kinda pisses me off. It may be true, but to say that the Cavs couldn't win a series against the 8th seed in the West? My ass.

Also, our lovely GM Danny Ferry was talking out his ass about getting back into the draft, and then obviously couldn't pull anything off, so we're left with another disappointment.

Oh, and Lebron has decided to honor his USA commitment, which hurts the Cavs, I think.

I'll be trying to watch and see what Shannon Brown does in the Summer League. He made quite an impact last year, but didn't get to play much in the regular season.

Looking forward to next season, we can't sit back and say, "This team got us to the finals". We need to shake things up and improve it, and that means figuring out how to move some of these players, because they let us down big time in the finals.

And something has got to be done about Mike Brown. If that means hiring some new assistants to back him up, maybe someone with more experience, I dunno. Personally I'd like to see him gone, but he gets credit for getting us to the Finals whether it was justified or not.

Somehow I don't know if we can make it back to the Finals this year. I'd like to think we can, but these guys aren't getting any younger and our path was pretty easy this year except for Detroit.

I give us credit for improving this year over last, ONLY because we beat Detroit. Not for getting to the ECF. That was basically handed to us.

Mathius

Last edited by Mathius : 07-01-2007 at 07:35 PM.
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:28 AM   #3
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

It will be interesting to see how we respond to having a target on our backs next season. That will be a first for us. Everyone in the EC will be gunning for us. We will be their "big game," and will always get their best shot.

I nearly forgot about Shannon Brown. I think he can be a nice player, but lets hope he locks himself in the gym this summer and works on his jumper. In his brief spurts last year, it was TERRIBLE.

LeBron is wearing himself out with all this basketball. I wouldn't mind seeing Mike Brown shave a few minutes off his MPG average. Save him for later in the season. With his lack of supporting cast, though, I don't see that working out too well.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:09 PM   #4
Hawker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
The board is dead because there's very little going on. We got our asses handed to us in the Finals to the point where everyone is all over the whole West > East argument. It kinda pisses me off. It may be true, but to say that the Cavs couldn't win a series against the 8th seed in the West? My ass.

Mathius

That IS true. I think the warriors, with how they played in the first round, couldve taken yall down.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:27 PM   #5
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
That IS true. I think the warriors, with how they played in the first round, couldve taken yall down.

Yeah, I'm sure you're right. We blew them out by 20-30 points in our only meeting this season, while Lebron was playing with a broken toe, but you're right. We can't hang.

See what I mean?

Mathius
Old 07-03-2007, 08:13 PM   #6
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

The Warriors! No way! Our huge frontcourt would've DOMINATED the glass! Who on GS can rebound the ball or post up inside?
Old 07-04-2007, 12:22 AM   #7
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure you're right. We blew them out by 20-30 points in our only meeting this season, while Lebron was playing with a broken toe, but you're right. We can't hang.

See what I mean?

Mathius

Haha, who you gonna put on lebron? Who's matching up with Z.. i see stephen jackson getting thrown out after lebron slams one on him and 1 about the call.

Gotta watch out for aadonal foyle boys SH IT!!!!
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:05 PM   #8
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLebronWeTrust
Haha, who you gonna put on lebron? Who's matching up with Z.. i see stephen jackson getting thrown out after lebron slams one on him and 1 about the call.

Gotta watch out for aadonal foyle boys SH IT!!!!

I dunno if you were really addressing me or not, but you quoted me. I hope you know I was being sarcastic.

Mathius
Old 07-04-2007, 11:14 PM   #9
Hawker
Banned

Quote:

See what I mean?

Mathius

like i said...with how they played in the 1st round they couldve beaten yall.

And the cavs beat the spurs BOTH times this season. What's your point? Exactly you dont have one.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 11:35 PM   #10
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

Quote:
I dunno if you were really addressing me or not, but you quoted me. I hope you know I was being sarcastic.

Mathius

sorry man, i was quoting the guy within yours. Your one of the few here that doesnt talk **** out of their ass
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:59 AM   #11
jailer
MillionDollarException

The cavs have no real room to make moves.There trying to figure how there gonna fix this new problem all of a sudden.They looked good until they met a real team in the spurs.The spurs dominated in every way needed.Now all the cavs fans who were excited want to know how the cavs front office is gonna fix the team.The team seemed good until they got beat down.Ferry will think of something.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:03 PM   #12
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
like i said...with how they played in the 1st round they couldve beaten yall.

And the cavs beat the spurs BOTH times this season. What's your point? Exactly you dont have one.

Ok, so you're now.. what? Comparing G.S. to the Spurs? Lesse... the Warriors only won ONE game against Utah, who only won ONE game against the Spurs. So.... follow along with me... that makes the Warriors not even good enough to lick the Spurs shoes pretty much?

The Cavs at least came close in 2/4 games.

Nice try.

Oh, and just in case you're keeping score? The Cavs crushed the Pacers when they had Harrington and company too, before the big mid season trade.

Mathius
Old 07-05-2007, 05:06 PM   #13
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
The cavs have no real room to make moves.There trying to figure how there gonna fix this new problem all of a sudden.They looked good until they met a real team in the spurs.The spurs dominated in every way needed.Now all the cavs fans who were excited want to know how the cavs front office is gonna fix the team.The team seemed good until they got beat down.Ferry will think of something.

I would rather have terminal cancer than rely on Danny Ferry to fix this team.

Mathius
Old 07-05-2007, 05:55 PM   #14
Legend
I hit open layups

Quote:
I would rather have terminal cancer than rely on Danny Ferry to fix this team.

Mathius

LOL, boy u does really say ting. you really know ur stuff and dats good.

I would really like to see somthing go on dis offseason, like getting bibby.
we tried our best and then got stalmped on be the spurs. i hope we can learn and pick up on that. espeasially my boy, LeBron i hope he takes dis personnal and comes out gunning for all of them nxt season.

I think its 50:50 for the usa team ting, he can get fatigued due too more basketball or he can learn more taht he can add to his arsenal. up to him, i know he'll make the right choice
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:05 PM   #15
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLebronWeTrust
sorry man, i was quoting the guy within yours. Your one of the few here that doesnt talk **** out of their ass

Wish there were more around here like him. He's very tough on the Cavs, but he's not one of those fans who is content on supporting a mediocre team.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: