Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2007, 12:23 AM   #166
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter
 
Richie2k6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Terrordome Team: Nuggets
Posts: 9,906
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free
No. LeBron was pretty bad, he shot 36/38% from the field and never really got in the flow.
He wasn't in the flow and he shot low from the field. He played better than Dirk, firstly. Secondly, his points, rebounds, and assists were all still there to add to it.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:31 AM   #167
Free
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 341
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
He wasn't in the flow and he shot low from the field. He played better than Dirk, firstly. Secondly, his points, rebounds, and assists were all still there to add to it.


I agree he played better than Dirk, but he was still pretty bad.
Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:51 AM   #168
kentatm
NBA Legend
 
kentatm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 17,469
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

I say yes but really, once you get to the top 15 or so it really comes down to who is playing best at that moment.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 06:51 AM   #169
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 7,000
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
I think he is...

1. Duncan
2. Kobe
3. Lebron
4. Garnett
5. Dirk

then...

6. Nash
7. Wade
8. - 10. Melo, T-Mac, Amare, Iverson, Pierce, Arenas, Yao, ect. (whatever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
1. LEEbron
2. Oden
3. Amare
4. Howard
5. Yao
6. Wade
7. Melo
8. Durant
9. Kobe
10. give me Yi here....yeah I said it...YI baby
dont see Dirk
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 06:54 AM   #170
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year
 
eliteballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,537
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote:
is Dirk still there?

He was never there in the first place.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:01 AM   #171
Fluffy Bird
Banned
 
Fluffy Bird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: crappin on yer dome
Posts: 137
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

I fail to see how Garnett is better than Dirk.

I think we are all a little harsh on the big guy. He did get to the finals a year ago and lead his team to 67 wins this year. You can say he choked till the cows come home, but at least he put himself in position to choke. It is pretty tough to get a rep for choking when you are home every year for the playoffs ala KG.

Dirk > KG

there is really no unbiased case to be made otherwise.
Fluffy Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:09 AM   #172
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.
 
wang4three's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,447
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Duncan
Kobe
Lebron
Nash
Garnett
Dirk
Wade
Shaq
Kidd
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:26 PM   #173
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater
 
XxNeXuSxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UConn
Posts: 7,998
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
Tim Duncan
Kobe Bryant
Dwyane Wade
Lebron James
Kevin Garnett
That's right.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:28 PM   #174
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater
 
XxNeXuSxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UConn
Posts: 7,998
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Bird
I fail to see how Garnett is better than Dirk.

I think we are all a little harsh on the big guy. He did get to the finals a year ago and lead his team to 67 wins this year. You can say he choked till the cows come home, but at least he put himself in position to choke. It is pretty tough to get a rep for choking when you are home every year for the playoffs ala KG.

Dirk > KG

there is really no unbiased case to be made otherwise.
So his team had more success so there isn't a single "case" to be made otherwise.

Well, KG made the conference finals in 2004, while Dirk went home in the first round. Was KG "inarguably" better then as well? Or does that only apply when your player is winning?
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:36 PM   #175
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter
 
Richie2k6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Terrordome Team: Nuggets
Posts: 9,906
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote:
I fail to see how Garnett is better than Dirk.
Scoring - Dirk
Defense - Garnett
Blocking - Garnett
Stealing - Garnett
Passing- Garnett
Assisting - Garnett
Shooting - Dirk
Career Accolades - Garnett
Rebounding - Garnett

Garnett wins.
Quote:
It is pretty tough to get a rep for choking when you are home every year for the playoffs ala KG.
Last time I checked, The Mavericks have Josh Howard, Jason Terry, and Jerry Stackhouse to back up Dirk Nowitzki. The Timberwolves have...? Ricky Davis and a bad coach? That's what I thought.
Quote:
there is really no unbiased case to be made otherwise.
Sure there is. I'm not a Garnett or a Dirk fan, so I'm unbiased to the max.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:43 PM   #176
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater
 
XxNeXuSxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UConn
Posts: 7,998
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
Scoring - Dirk
Defense - Garnett
Blocking - Garnett
Stealing - Garnett
Passing- Garnett
Assisting - Garnett
Shooting - Dirk
Career Accolades - Garnett
Rebounding - Garnett

Garnett wins.


To be fair, "passing" and "assisting?" I think are the same thing, and career accolades are really an even split not. Regardless, Garnett still has far more talent than Dirk.

For example, you could add an Athleticism category:

Speed-Garnett
Jumping-Garnett
Quickness-Garnett
Stamina-Even

It really isn't close.



Quote:
Last time I checked, The Mavericks have Josh Howard, Jason Terry, and Jerry Stackhouse to back up Dirk Nowitzki. The Timberwolves have...? Ricky Davis and a bad coach? That's what I thought.


Give Foye some time, he'll be ok.

They do need a GM though to put together a real team together with a coach.

Quote:
Sure there is. I'm not a Garnett or a Dirk fan, so I'm unbiased to the max.
I'm pretty sure he was just trolling now that I think about it...
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:46 PM   #177
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter
 
Richie2k6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Terrordome Team: Nuggets
Posts: 9,906
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote:
To be fair, "passing" and "assisting?" I think are the same thing, and career accolades are really an even split not. Regardless, Garnett still has far more talent than Dirk.
Just for specificity:

Passing - Giving the ball to another teammate.
Assisting - Giving the ball to another teammate in a chance for them to score.
Playmaking - Creating a scoring opportunity for another teammate.

That's how I've always personally looked at it. But let's not get into that.
Quote:
I'm pretty sure he was just trolling now that I think about it...
Pretty likely.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:48 PM   #178
Orlando Magic
National High School Star
 
Orlando Magic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,406
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

So you win MVP and you're not top 5? Makes perfect sense to me.
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:49 PM   #179
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
dont see Dirk
Dirk is 30 years old....too old to draft
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:50 PM   #180
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter
 
Richie2k6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Terrordome Team: Nuggets
Posts: 9,906
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
So you win MVP and you're not top 5? Makes perfect sense to me.


Read over the thread.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:35 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy