Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2007, 11:34 PM   #271
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
So you really are running out of arguments. That happened a year ago. GET OVER IT. The Mavs lost, Wade owned Dirk, and whether he got those 5 or so fouls he got or not, the outcome still would have been the same. The Miami Heat still would have been the NBA Champions of the National Basketball Association. Wade simply outplayed Dirk and won. Get over it and look at the future. Dirk lost, period. Shut up about the phanton calls - it's pissing me off. You're going on about something that happened a year ago. You want someone to go in a time chamber and go back in time and make the refs better? Sorry, that's impossible.

Until someone does invent a time machine, get over it.
never...

sorry it's pissing you off so much.....but....well.... no I'm really not sorry.

the Mavs were not alowed to play defense or even look at Wade, it was an unfair match up....a series where Wade DESTROYED the record for free throws shot in the NBA.

it wasn't 5 calls....it was the fact that those calls forced the Mavs to play soft.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:35 PM   #272
Ben Jordan
Good High School Starter
 
Ben Jordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 886
Ben Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

1. Duncan
2. Kobe
3. Nash
4. Nowitzki
5. Lebron

No love.
Ben Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:39 PM   #273
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter
 
Richie2k6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Terrordome Team: Nuggets
Posts: 9,906
Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote:
never...
Typcial Dirk fan. Can't admit defeat.
Quote:
the Mavs were not alowed to play defense or even look at Wade, it was an unfair match up
Talk about over exaggeration.
Quote:
a series where Wade DESTROYED the record for free throws shot in the NBA.
Your point being? If somebody else beat the record, the whole world would be criticizing him for "cheating", too. It's like that with you dumb people that think whoever attempts the most free throws slips some cash to the refs when the camera isn't on them.
Quote:
it wasn't 5 calls....it was the fact that those calls forced the Mavs to play soft.
Now you're trying to take away from the fact that Wade walked all over the Mavericks. Classic. All this coming from a Mavericks fan... what a surprise? Why can't you be like TMOGE and be mature enough to face the facts.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:44 PM   #274
basketballer4
Sweaty ti.ts
 
basketballer4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Universe.
Posts: 831
basketballer4 is considered somewhat coolbasketballer4 is considered somewhat coolbasketballer4 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Dirk was never in my top five to begin with, so no.
basketballer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:47 PM   #275
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
Typcial Dirk fan. Can't admit defeat.
I said I would trade him for KG...I admitt he choked against GS along with the rest of the team...I just don't beleive he choked against Miami.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
Your point being? If somebody else beat the record, the whole world would be criticizing him for "cheating", too. It's like that with you dumb people that think whoever attempts the most free throws slips some cash to the refs when the camera isn't on them.
that record will never be broken, and if it is then that will be a sad day for the NBA. The game isn't ment to be played at the free throw line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
Now you're trying to take away from the fact that Wade walked all over the Mavericks. Classic. All this coming from a Mavericks fan... what a surprise? Why can't you be like TMOGE and be mature enough to face the facts.
I do face the facts....and the facts are that the Mavs were not given a fair shot to win.

as far as GS goes....I have nothing to say other than it wasn't just Dirk that lost that series
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:51 PM   #276
Targus™
Good college starter
 
Targus™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sacramento,CA
Posts: 2,146
Targus™ has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

yes he is. any 7 footer who can do as much as Nowitzki can should definitely be up there.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:51 PM   #277
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter
 
Richie2k6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Terrordome Team: Nuggets
Posts: 9,906
Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote:
I said I would trade him for KG...I admitt he choked against GS along with the rest of the team...I just don't beleive he choked against Miami.
The whole team didn't play well enough to win. I never said Dirk choked in that series, he just simply lost. "Can't admit defeat", not "Can't admit Dirk choked".
Quote:
that record will never be broken, and if it is then that will be a sad day for the NBA. The game isn't ment to be played at the free throw line.
"Will never be broken." You just can't get over the fact that Wade attacks the rim like crazy can you.
Quote:
I do face the facts....and the facts are that the Mavs were not given a fair shot to win.
Fair shot? Last time I checked, Dirk missed a CLUTCH shot, which was part of the reason they lost. "Weren't given a fair shot" is preposterous. They would have won Game 3 if they kept it together.
Quote:
as far as GS goes....I have nothing to say other than it wasn't just Dirk that lost that series
Yes, it was. Now I want to see you admit Dirk choked in that series. Mature enough to do that? Or still on Dirk's balls. I won't be surprised if you don't admit Dirk choked, but it's obvious he did.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:52 PM   #278
dafunkphenom
Living Legend
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,269
dafunkphenom has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

1. KOBE
2. Lebron
3. Nash
4. Duncan
5. Wade

Why the hell does everybody have Duncan #1? The Spurs may be #1 but as far as individual talent Kobe is no doubt #1. Most of the players in the league will even admit that.
dafunkphenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:54 PM   #279
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter
 
Richie2k6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Terrordome Team: Nuggets
Posts: 9,906
Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote:
Most of the players in the league will even admit that.
Well of course, he's the best scorer in the league. It's common respect to call him the best. But if an NBA player sat down, layed out the facts and thought about it, Duncan > Kobe.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:01 AM   #280
the grizzz
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
the grizzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 29
the grizzz has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Kobe

Duncan

Dirk

D Wade

Lbj
the grizzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:04 AM   #281
RandomBalla55
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,884
RandomBalla55 has decent reputation
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

I wish Dirk played and listened to Avery Johnson more (despite Fab's ranting).

Remember back in last years playoffs? Dirk was by far one of the best players in the playoffs. It's a damn shame he choked against Miami because he had a FANTASTIC playoffs.

Game 7 against the Spurs. Spurs up 3. Dirk in a hostile environment doesn't fold or anything but takes the ball to teh rim (novel concept?), gets an And1, and Dallas conquers it's demons.

Then remember Game 6 against Phoenix? Dude put in like 50 to knock out PHX and this was when PHX was leading for majority of the game.

I dunno whether or not Dirk doesn't listen to Avery or something but damn, Dirk was REALLY good in the '05 playoffs until Game 3 of the NBA Finals. Even then, he made some clutch shots (Game 5, then DWade got that phantom foul =/). With that said, I can't defend him. But I just wish Dirk played more like Avery Johnson had him playing in '05...
RandomBalla55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:04 AM   #282
ILballa
Hemp Coach
 
ILballa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,752
ILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Tim Duncan
3. LeBron James
4. Dwayne Wade
5. Kevin Garnett
ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:12 AM   #283
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
The whole team didn't play well enough to win. I never said Dirk choked in that series, he just simply lost. "Can't admit defeat", not "Can't admit Dirk choked".
but I have admitted defeat to GS, numerous times, can you read?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
"Will never be broken." You just can't get over the fact that Wade attacks the rim like crazy can you.
how come wade doesn't rack up fouls like that in every series he plays then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
"Fair shot? Last time I checked, Dirk missed a CLUTCH shot, which was part of the reason they lost. "Weren't given a fair shot" is preposterous. They would have won Game 3 if they kept it together.
dirk missed a game winning shot?...or just a "clutch shot"?...i am sure Dirk missed many shots in that series, he made many as well....he never missed a game winner though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
Yes, it was. Now I want to see you admit Dirk choked in that series. Mature enough to do that? Or still on Dirk's balls. I won't be surprised if you don't admit Dirk choked, but it's obvious he did.
I have said hundreds of times Dirk choked....so did the rest of the team though....he wasn't alone in choking....he could have averaged 30/15 against GS and the Mavs still would have lost....how many times do I need to type this sh-it for you?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:19 AM   #284
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

here I will reply for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
but I have admitted defeat to GS, numerous times, can you read?
hahahaha you still won't admitt it will you, give it up:rollingeyes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
how come wade doesn't rack up fouls like that in every series he plays then?
because he only atacks dirk when he chokes, your so dumb -primetime- the refs just saw it against the mavs that series and not other series that wade is involved in.:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
dirk missed a game winning shot?...or just a "clutch shot"?...i am sure Dirk missed many shots in that series, he made many as well....he never missed a game winner though.
i said "CLUTCH SHOT" not game winning shot....can you read dude...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
I have said hundreds of times Dirk choked....so did the rest of the team though....he wasn't alone in choking....he could have averaged 30/15 against GS and the Mavs still would have lost....how many times do I need to type this sh-it for you?
typical mavs/dirk fan
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:20 AM   #285
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter
 
Richie2k6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Terrordome Team: Nuggets
Posts: 9,906
Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote:
but I have admitted defeat to GS, numerous times, can you read?
Oh my God... I'M TALKING ABOUT VERSUS MIAMI.
Quote:
how come wade doesn't rack up fouls like that in every series he plays then?
He gets tons of foul calls all season long because nobody attacks the rim as much as he does. You create contact in the paint, you go to the line. Simple.
Quote:
dirk missed a game winning shot?...or just a "clutch shot"?...i am sure Dirk missed many shots in that series, he made many as well....he never missed a game winner though.
He did miss a clutch free throw, though.
Quote:
I have said hundreds of times Dirk choked....so did the rest of the team though....he wasn't alone in choking....he could have averaged 30/15 against GS and the Mavs still would have lost....how many times do I need to type this sh-it for you?
You actually admitted Dirk choked against Golden State? I got to give it to you, man. It must have been hard to get off his nuts quickly enough to say that. Props to you.
Quote:
here I will reply for you
Wrong.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:51 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy