Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-06-2006, 04:12 PM   #16
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by power works
Gasol’s game is too close to CB4’s, so I’d rather have O’Neal, who’s more rugged, and blocks more shots.

Gasol shoots far less jumpers and drives to the basket far more, I think it could work together. Plus he's no slouch on Defense, the Grizz led the league in fewest points allowed
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 05:46 PM   #17
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADS
I just don't see Memphis trading a player who led the team in points, rebounds, assists, and blocks.

Plus he is the heart of there defence.

gasol led the team in assists? man their PG's must suck

i thought stoudamire would get a fiar few but clearly not
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 06:06 PM   #18
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

Damon averaged .1 more but didn't play enough games to qualify for official stats.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:03 PM   #19
Grizzledrook
I brick open layups

Grizzledrook has an OK reputation so far
Default Hey Im from memphis

Look I am from memphis and I in no way want to trade gasol for pick and villy.Pau is not in prime yet and consitintly kills oposing players.His passes are electric and drives are silk,also he is only 25. Which means he is not even started yet, if you have the nba's dunk vol.2 pau has a montage of dunks including his rookie year crossover on kg and then dunking on four players.He will become the best euro player ever,dirk has had more time so will see pau in three years when he is in his prime.If pau had more help than all these bums he would be even better.
Grizzledrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:22 PM   #20
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

J-Memphis has an OK reputation so far

Im from Memphis too, and love Gasol, but disagree with the man. Pau's awesome but trading him to the E.C. for a good young PF the #1 pick and Salary Cap does a lot for a team thats losing money fast. With the right pick and a solid pickup over the summer, the Grizz wouldnt be too hurt by the trade if at all.
J-Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 11:13 PM   #21
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Default well...

thats the easy way out, i'd rather have Gasol than JO, he has a MUCH more manageable contract.

still, we're a young team, we need to add one more good young player, adding a star forward alongside bosh and charlie doesn't really make a lot of sense, unless he's a bonifide center. we will either trade back or keep the pick... but we will most definetely be drafting some young stud this year.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 11:15 PM   #22
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

the scenario would have us sending charlie along with the #1 for either gasol or o'neil. we don't get to keep charlie.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 11:31 PM   #23
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Default whoooa

charlie AND the 1? taking on either of these two and only giving up charlie ensures that we lose all of our cap space. is one player paired with bosh going to replace the overall talent void on this team? soo many holes to fill, and this trade would leave us with the MLE, and a couple 2nd rounders.

this trade kills all of our flexibility now and in the future.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:01 AM   #24
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

I think you guys are just trying to kill Kwaj here. Thats not very nice.

Toronto would still need a few pieces, most notably a SF and a PG if they did get Gasol but that would be a nice start.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:25 AM   #25
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

graham can be a starter. i totally believe this with no help from any kind of drug.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:27 AM   #26
ztk
I Hit Open Layups

ztk has an OK reputation so far

the rapz would be making a huge mistake if they trade the first pick and villa for JO or pau.
Villa had a fabulous rookie year. when he hears all these rumours about him being traded, he'll try even harder to get better.
the safest route for BC is to just keep villa and the pick whoever he thinks will help in the rebuilding process. i don't kno about u guyz but i'm real excited about the rapz. The frontline of Bosh, villa and ALdridge or bargani could be the best. I
ztk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:37 AM   #27
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Raptors depth would take a hit since they lose that 1st pick but I'd still do it for Gasol (100% no to JO).

I don't think Charlie will ever be the caliber player that Gasol is at the moment (or even close to). I also don't think there's any Gasols in this draft either. Pau is just way too big of an established young star to turn down. To have a good team though, the Raptors would need to draft wisely in the 2nd round (hopefully get a decent bench SG if anything) and try to get Roko Ukic over soon.

Sadly the Raptors would still be without an established PG or a starting SF.

PG- ??
SG- Mo Pete
SF- ??
PF/C- Bosh
PF/C- Pau

Bench: (this is where it gets really ugly) Calderon, Sow, Graham, Bonner, Araujo... goddamn that is bad and even worse when you figure at least one of them would have to start.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:42 AM   #28
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

I'd do it for Pau for sure.

Bosh + Gasol would be unstoppable.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:43 AM   #29
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

How about

Villy
Number 1

For

Ridnour
Lewis
Number 10
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:44 AM   #30
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

asking for ridinour too is a lot.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: