Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-08-2006, 01:44 AM   #31
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADS
How about

Villy
Number 1

For

Ridnour
Lewis
Number 10

Even better.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:46 AM   #32
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

There is no point for Seattle to do that kind of a trade. Ridnour should be a keeper for them and since they really like Wilcox and want to keep him, their frontcourt for the future is set with him and Swift.

Unless they REALLY want Morrison (for the local whiteboy crowd) to replace the soon-to-be-gone Lewis but have a gaping hole at PG (something I don't think is smart to do), I don't think Seattle goes near that kind of a trade.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:47 AM   #33
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

Actually a solid trade there akads... Lewis is clearly better than Villa and probably better than he will ever be. Ridnour fills a massive need and is reportedly unhappy in Seattle. #10 should still allow them to get a very good player and probably fill the center need.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:47 AM   #34
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

Ridnour
Mo Pete
R.Lewis
Bosh
Shelden Willaims (10th)

That's a playoff team for sure in my opinion.

Bench: Graham, Bonner, Pape, Calderon, Roko, 35th pick, Hoffa.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:48 AM   #35
AKADS
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
There is no point for Seattle to do that kind of a trade. Ridnour should be a keeper for them and since they really like Wilcox and want to keep him, their frontcourt for the future is set with him and Swift.

Unless they REALLY want Morrison (for the local whiteboy crowd) to replace the soon-to-be-gone Lewis but have a gaping hole at PG (something I don't think is smart to do), I don't think Seattle goes near that kind of a trade.

The Sonics are loosing money. Ownership is horrible. They get younger bigger and cheaper. Ridnour is unhappy, Lewis is a huge contract.

Edit - And then if they did draft Morrison they would still have a good team

Watson / Wilken
Allen
Morrison
Villy
Wilcox / Swift
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:50 AM   #36
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

Ridnour said he is unhappy with the current PG rotation. As in Watson plays the whole 4th quatre.

Rashard wants out as well. I can't quite remember why, but there was an article posted before the playoffs. If anyone has it that would be great.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:53 AM   #37
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Ridnour is on a rookie contract and has no say in anything at the moment. It would be silly for Seattle to give up on a good talent like him simply because there might be some trouble. A better option would be to simply straighten him out.

Rashard is as good as gone, everyone pretty much knows that but giving up on a good young PG is a big mistake in this league today.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:54 AM   #38
hipballinjigga
Berkshire is the Woods

Default imo

I think both Pau Gasol and Jermaine O'Neal would be bad fits for the Raptors team. They need a strong banger down low, and I just don't see it from either of these guys. Gasol is soft and O'Neal seems to get lazy. He needs to be the star and I sometimes feel that if he was with Bosh, there would be a bad vibe going on there.

I say neither.
hipballinjigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:55 AM   #39
AKADS
Decent college freshman

Coming And Going: Sonics ship unhappy Vlad to Clippers
Deal for Wilcox nets fresh start for both

By GARY WASHBURN
P-I REPORTER

MILWAUKEE -- Sonics general manager Rick Sund was informed last week by the agent for Vladimir Radmanovic that the 6-foot-10 forward would approve "the right" trade and relinquish his Larry Bird Rights.

It did not take Sund long to find a suitor for the gifted but inconsistent Serbian, as he dealt Radmanovic to the Los Angeles Clippers on Tuesday for former lottery pick Chris Wilcox, who never fit into the Clippers' system.

It ends Radmanovic's 4 1/2-year run with the Sonics, a tenure filled with a series of ups and downs and finally concluding with unfulfilled potential. Radmanovic averaged 9.3 points and 4.0 rebounds this season, never emerging as a dependable starter and steady scorer.

Sonics coach Bob Hill, enamored with Radmanovic's skills, inserted him into the starting lineup immediately after taking over for Bob Weiss on Jan. 3. As a starter, Radmanovic averaged 10.5 points per game and shot 39 percent from the field.

He was replaced in the lineup by Nick Collison last week against Atlanta. Hill informed Radmanovic of the trade Tuesday afternoon at the team hotel.

"I became very fond of Vlady and gave him every opportunity to show what he could do," Hill said before the Sonics' 106-91 loss to Milwaukee. "I think when he turned the contract down and he became a starter, he had so much on his mind. And I think he's a guy that keeps a lot to himself and he just didn't play well."

A restricted free agent last summer, Radmanovic rejected a five-year, $42 million extension and signed a one-year, $3.1 million qualifying offer. The pressure of playing for a big-money contract, as well as perhaps regretting his decision to pass on the long-term deal, seemed to weigh heavily on Radmanovic.

"He never really established himself," Hill said. "I talked to him in the hotel and he seemed sad. But he said it was a good deal for both teams."

Wilcox, 23, was the eighth pick in the 2002 draft and averaged 6.5 points in 213 games with the Clippers. Wilcox's fate appeared sealed in Los Angeles when the usually frugal Clippers signed Elton Brand to a six-year deal, ensuring Wilcox would remain a backup.

"I didn't think I would be going to Seattle, but I knew there was a trade out there," Wilcox said. "I'm excited. It's a fresh new start for me. Hopefully I can just start there and help them win some more games. I like their style of play, they run up and down the floor and that fits my game."

Wilcox is expected to join the club today in Minneapolis. The 6-foot-10 forward played two seasons at the University of Maryland, starring in the Terrapins' national title run in 2002, averaging nearly 14 points in six tournament games. He was drafted ahead of such standouts as Amare Stoudamire, Tayshaun Prince and Caron Butler because of his ability to run the floor.

"We like a lot of things that Chris can do," Sund said. "And we are excited to have him. He's only 23 years old and he can run. Those are the types of guys we are looking for."

Wilcox, who makes $2.81 million this season, is a restricted free agent, meaning the Sonics have the right to match any offer sheet he may sign in the offseason. Or they can sign him to a qualifying offer, such as they did with Radmanovic, Flip Murray and Reggie Evans.

When the Clippers, who entered Tuesday 25th in the league in 3-point percentage, offered Wilcox for Radmanovic, Sund couldn't pass up the opportunity to obtain a player with a contract past next season. Radmanovic's agent, David Bauman, gave Sund the approval to find a deal with a potential playoff team.

Radmanovic gave up his Larry Bird Rights, meaning the Clippers cannot sign him to a maximum deal unless they are under the salary cap, which they are not. The most Radmanovic can earn from the Clippers is the midlevel exception, five years and about $30 million.

"We tried to sign Vlady (last summer)," Sund said. "We tried to make it work, but it just didn't work out."

Meanwhile, more trades appear on the horizon. The Sonics now have a glut of power forwards, including disgruntled Reggie Evans and Danny Fortson. Sund is sure to attempt to work a deal before the Feb. 23 deadline to clear cap space and prepare for the future.

Sonics forward Rashard Lewis heard about the deal in the team hotel from a teammate and said he was displeased that management did not approach him or Ray Allen about the trade.

"I don't know what the front office is doing, they don't communicate with us as much as they probably should," he said. "I think (they should inform us), because we're the captains of the team, out of respect.

"With the type of money that they're paying us, even if we don't have the last decision, they could at least let us know or put that bug in your ear. But I guess it's our job to worry about what's on the court and their job to bring players in here who can help us."

Lewis said he wouldn't be surprised if he or Allen were eventually traded.

"You never know, anything can happen from here on out," he said. "It could be any of us in this locker room, even me or Ray with the way the season is turning out. I've seen it happen to Gary (Payton) and Desmond (Mason), so you never get settled. You can't think you are going to be on one team."
Old 06-08-2006, 01:58 AM   #40
AKADS
Decent college freshman

So why would the Sonics say no ther get a 6'10" PF with 3 point range and the number 1 pick.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:59 AM   #41
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

Thanks AKADS, but that isn't the article I'm talking about.

There was an article that was JUST about Lewis where he talked about how if he wasn't traded he wouldn't exercise his player option on his contract.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:04 AM   #42
AKADS
Decent college freshman

either way he wants out and he would be a great fit next to Bosh.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:17 AM   #43
wally_world
M0derator

Exclamation

the only reason why the Raptors are losing is because they do not have a strong center!!! we've seen how offensive the Raptors can be, they need a defensive stopper like Ben Wallace or Marcus Camby, those type of real centers... if Big ben doesn't re-sign with Pistons, look for Atlanta or Toronto the try to sign him, both team have the cap-room. Or if Ben Wallace gets re-signed, the Raptors may try Camby, who will be having a salary of about 7M plus. Villa+1st pick for Camby+Denver Rookie.
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:27 AM   #44
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Villa+1st pick for Camby+Denver Rookie.

That is brutal.

Trading talent for need isn't a good idea for a team like the Raptors who are already lacking in talent and aren't contenders.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:47 PM   #45
Grizzledrook
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Memphis
Im from Memphis too, and love Gasol, but disagree with the man. Pau's awesome but trading him to the E.C. for a good young PF the #1 pick and Salary Cap does a lot for a team thats losing money fast. With the right pick and a solid pickup over the summer, the Grizz wouldnt be too hurt by the trade if at all.
Are you insane if you r truly from memphis you know how much we need help around pau.There is no point in trading him that is like taking 5 steps back.No one in the league wants to come to memphis via free agency.We need a flashy controllable pg and a good rebounder and we would be good to roll.I would like to trade for ridnour and then trade up for sheldon williams.
Grizzledrook is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: