Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Seattle SuperSonics Forum

Seattle SuperSonics Forum Seattle Supersonics message board - sonics fan forum

Old 07-02-2007, 11:20 AM   #1
cdub1591
Banned

cdub1591 has an OK reputation so far
Default Kevin Durant Overrated

Ok in my opinion, Durant is very overated...Lets not 4get college and the NBA are totally different...Durant is very weak and Ray Allen was strong...Ray could have helped Durant alot...Thats why Lebron didnt win the championship because he didnt have the guidance from a vet that knows pretty much everything...It will take Durant a couple years to develop into the star u people think he will be, but he will be a star...:Get rid of Wally and Ridnour, and Bring Back Jesus Shuttlesworth aka Ray Allen

-Chris Williams
ESPN COME ON GET AT ME
cdub1591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:27 PM   #2
BigAl
High School JV MVP

BigAl has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Kevin Durant Overated

Yeah an 18yr old kid that posts 25/11 with 47% from the field, 82% from the line, and 40% from 3-land, oh and averages 2 steals and 2 blocks a game in a solid conference ....yeah he is probably overrated. God only knows what numbers he would have put up next year in college....let alone the thought of if he would have stayed at Texas all 4 years....

What a joke.
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:19 PM   #3
Young HkM
Up in the Rafters

Young HkM is popular on this boardYoung HkM is popular on this boardYoung HkM is popular on this boardYoung HkM is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub1591
Ok in my opinion, Durant is very overated...Lets not 4get college and the NBA are totally different...Durant is very weak and Ray Allen was strong...Ray could have helped Durant alot...Thats why Lebron didnt win the championship because he didnt have the guidance from a vet that knows pretty much everything...It will take Durant a couple years to develop into the star u people think he will be, but he will be a star...:Get rid of Wally and Ridnour, and Bring Back Jesus Shuttlesworth aka Ray Allen

-Chris Williams
ESPN COME ON GET AT ME

What? Emotionally? Physically? You say LeBron didn't win because he didn't have Vet leadership...so what? Dude is only 22 years old...he has plenty of time to grow. Obviously it'll take Durant time to grow, nobody expects him to enter his prime in the first season.

How is he overrated? Because he had one of the greatest college seasons in NCAA history?
Young HkM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:21 PM   #4
Hopeless206
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Hopeless206 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

-Chris Williams
ESPN COME ON GET AT ME

Your Joking. You must be or you weren't paying attention when he won pretty much every award you can win in College Basketball AS A FRESHMAN. Garnett was rail thin and weak coming out of high school, but I think it worked out pretty well for the Timberwolves.
Hopeless206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 07:36 PM   #5
MikeRo72
I airball my layups

MikeRo72 has an OK reputation so far

With all due respect you sir have no idea WTF you are talking about. Its bad enough all you are doing is flaming this board but to post such nonsense with no stats or reasons is plain foolish. Having lived in Maryland during Durant's senior year at Montrose Christian (Rockville, MD) and watching him on more than 1 occasion I can tell you that barring an injury or unforseen circumstance KD is a lock to be the best Sonic in the franchise's storied history. And I hope that Seattle builds the damn arena for the Sonics because this kid alone can have that building sold out for the next 10-15 years. Unlike Garnett, Durant will have an impact and be a star from game #1 as a pro.

And to make matters worse your Avatar is a pic of Sebastian Telfair? You wanna talk about over rated.........

Last edited by MikeRo72 : 10-09-2007 at 07:39 PM.
MikeRo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 07:58 AM   #6
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

only time will tell if kd is the real deal

there are so many factors that contribute to a players development in the nba
-- injuries, playing time, confidence, off the court antics are just a few

i do believe that rookies need vets who they look up to and respect who can mentor them into nba maturity.

ray allen could have been this for kd... if he were still on the team
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:32 AM   #7
anonymouse
Can barely lace up my sneakers

anonymouse has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
only time will tell if kd is the real deal

there are so many factors that contribute to a players development in the nba
-- injuries, playing time, confidence, off the court antics are just a few

In my opinion I doubt playing time will be much of a factor with no Ray and Rashard to eat up minutes. Durant is now the go-to guy and his minutes will reflect that.

Injuries, well thats something no one can predict but heres hoping he stays healthy.

Confidence, this will be a factor i think. He will gain confidence slowly the more he plays. Playing with the USA Team would have really helped this.

I doubt off-court or even on-court antics are going to be something Durant will ever have trouble with his entire career. He just doesnt seem like the type of guy who will get himself in any trouble. Seems like a smart kid, definately not an Artest..

Some other factors that will affect his performance in his rookie year: Learning coach's system, learning the NBA, finding his role on the team (is he a 2? a 3? will he develop into a 4? all of the above?)

Most of all he just needs to get out there and do what he does best every night and give his best effort and **** what cdub1591 or anyone else says about him. Give the kid a chance and sit back and watch him prove you wrong cdub1591. Its only preseason and everyones writing him off already.
anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 12:00 AM   #8
ZMonkey11
YMCA Scrub

ZMonkey11 has decent reputationZMonkey11 has decent reputation

I watched him while I went to UT Austin, and this kid is the real deal for sure. His height alone will get him by games this year, because he will play mainly the two to begin with. Man, I am so excited for Durant, and it is going to be BANANAS next season, once he gets a workout coach and regiment going. BANANAS!!!!!
ZMonkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 03:12 PM   #9
Howard Schits
Decent playground baller

Howard Schits has an OK reputation so far

Right now, i think he is 'overrated'. But we'll see as the regular season progresses, see how he flares as he gains more experience. I watched him on one preseason game. he looked nervious and clueless at times. To me he seems intimidated by smaller players who would challenge him while he wasn't challenged when he was in Texas.

So...I would give him sometime before I jump on him. But he is definitley not the savior for the Sonics. At least not now.
Howard Schits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 01:17 AM   #10
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

He's definitely a freakishly good scorer. And he rebounded well in college. Don't know about passing, defense, etc. yet
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 01:08 PM   #11
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation
Default Re: Kevin Durant Overrated

Good scorer but his thin frame is going to be a huge problem in this league.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 06:50 PM   #12
MasterDurant24
National High School Star

MasterDurant24 is a pretty well-respected posterMasterDurant24 is a pretty well-respected posterMasterDurant24 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

-Chris Williams
ESPN COME ON GET AT ME
Does anybody realize this is copied and pasted?
MasterDurant24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 10:18 PM   #13
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation

Yes lol.
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:18 PM   #14
$14.98
I airball my layups

$14.98 has an OK reputation so far

He is only 19 years old. Give it time.

I hate it when people (whether fans or media) come up with their analysis of a player's potential. Then they make predictions based on this potential and when that player doesn't live up to them, he is all of sudden "overrated."

Most of the time, the predictions are outrageously unrealistic, over-romanticized, and occasionally (dare I say it) flat out wrong.

Players can only do the best they can based on the circumstances and opportunities presented within the team concept.

Last edited by $14.98 : 01-03-2008 at 05:48 PM.
$14.98 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: