Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-03-2007, 12:57 PM   #46
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: The Atlantic...The Winners...The Losers...Who has it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
Honestly, I thought New Jersey would do better...but the thing is, Toronto's bench is a lot better than New Jersey's but New Jerseys starters has the edge on our Raps....So I think it will be tight...

Starters:

PG-Kidd VS Ford-Kidd is better on most levels than TJ...but Kidd is getting a little older and TJ is reaching his prime and is a much faster PG...I would give it to Kidd though...

SG-Carter VS Parker-Vince obviously has it offensively but doesn't have the defensive skills Parker has. Even though Parker is a good player though, I think Vince takes it in the long run...

SF-Kapono VS Jefferson-Offensively this one is tight.....You might disagree with me but think about it, when Kapono gets going, he is quite the shooter....49% shooter last year....But Jefferson is the slasher so i would give this to Jefferson...

PF-Bosh VS Moore-Obviously Bosh wins this, but Moore's offensive skills are improving...

C-Rasho VS Krstic-This one is tight because defensively Rasho has the experience on the young one....But Krstic has it offensively....When Rasho can get the ball, he can actually be a force...so even though most will disagree, I will say Rasho on this one...

Bench:

Toronto's bench has more depth than New Jersey's by far....

Wow this is the most biased post I've ever read. It's loaded with hypocrisy and just incorrect facts. For one, how does Kidd's age hurt him but Rasho's age helps him?
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:00 PM   #47
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
1. Raptors
2. Nets
3. Knicks
4. Boston
5. Sixers

I still think Knicks can move up to the 2nd seed maybe 1st if we stay healthy, but we have to prove it first.

This is how I see it as well. If Isiah can finally put it together the Knicks could take the 2nd seed.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:05 PM   #48
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
C-Rasho VS Krstic-This one is tight because defensively Rasho has the experience on the young one....But Krstic has it offensively....When Rasho can get the ball, he can actually be a force...so even though most will disagree, I will say Rasho on this one...

Quote:
SF-Kapono VS Jefferson-Offensively this one is tight.....You might disagree with me but think about it, when Kapono gets going, he is quite the shooter....49% shooter last year....But Jefferson is the slasher so i would give this to Jefferson...

Boy, you could be certifiably handicapped.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:25 PM   #49
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

It will be decided between the Raptors and Nets, depending on whether the Nets have no injury list and how much the youngsters of Raptors improve themselves.

For Knicks, Celtic and 76ers, to be honest, what they ought to expect is to move up to the no.8 seed position in order to clinch into the play-off.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:55 PM   #50
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kujo
The only way I see the Celtics making the playoffs is if Al Jefferson has a monster breakout season, Pierce, and Allen stay healthy, Rondo has a great sophomore season, and they get solid bench play. That's a lot "ifs". Either NJ or Toronto will win the division. I'll give the edge to NJ if they stay healthy.

The Knicks have a scary front line with Randolph, and Curry. If Curry can ever become a consistent rebounder (there's no excuse for this guy not averaging 20/10), and if Knicks can just put it all together, they should be in the playoff hunt. I would put them ahead of Boston.

If Al plays as he did in the 2nd half of last year along with Paul and Ray that should be enough to make the playoffs in the East. Also both Gomes and Green were double degit scorers last year and I expect them to preform. Tony Allen is a question mark but if he even gets close to what he was doing last year before he went down the bench should be solid.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:36 PM   #51
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

1. Nets
2. Raptors.
3. Knicks
4. Boston
5. Sixers

Gonna give the benefit of the doubt to Isiah to finally make all the talent gel over in NY. If Moore resigns and they stay healthy, NJ takes it pretty handily IMO. Expecting the Raps to fall back maybe to the low 40's in wins (just a hunch). Boston's been hyped but they haven't played a game together yet, potential 3 seed IMO.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:21 PM   #52
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

This should turn from the titanic divison to one of the more competitive division races in the league. All but the Sixers (rebuilding Sixers) have a shot at the division race.

But I must stick with my Nets. They have the defense, and have gained depth through the draft and with small moves like House and Moore. But with Krstic back, they're relatively a more complete team and have a lot of experience in winning that division. And arguably have the best and most impactful player in the division in Kidd. But I think Boone and Williams will improve and they'll take that division.

I think the East is getting stronger. I don't see any sure fire championship calibre team like there are an abundance of out West, however the overall depth as far as teams that can compete for the playoffs is getting better.

I think teams like the Knicks and Celtics and Magic have enough fire power or look to be building the pieces to have enough to compete with teams like the Wizards who've done well enough to nearly get 50 games in the East by just having 3 offensive weapons. Well I think the C's can do it better as they have 2 players that are compareable to Arenas in scoring and a big man inside. Wiz have 0 inside (and I don't mean Arenas).

Knicks have even more than 3 main threats.

I think 3 teams from this division make the playoffs, maybe 4, and the Raptors aren't one of the 3.

Last edited by Y2Gezee : 07-03-2007 at 10:30 PM.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:46 PM   #53
WuTangWizard
Local High School Star

WuTangWizard has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknine15
well the \east was weak even orlando was 1st at sum point last year... this year im thinking a lot of teams are going to improved thus taking the wiz out of the playoff picture
Out of the playoff picture?

Are you serious?
WuTangWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: