Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Old 10-05-2006, 12:01 PM   #1
huppcap
Local High School Star

huppcap has an OK reputation so far
Default Magic very intriguing

I live in the Toronto area so obviously being a basketball fan the Raptors are my team. Very intrigued to see how they do this year.

However, one of the other teams that intrigues me are the Magic for several reasons. Howard and Darko. Wow! Young and talented. Could be the best future center and power forward combo in the NBA. Jameer Nelson; a great leader at PG. Grant Hill; hope he can get past his injury woes. Carlos Arroyo a good back-up PG. Orlando is on the rise. I am not totally convinced JJ Redick will be an impact player in the long-term but time will tell. If he proves me wrong that is fine. Trevor Ariza could be a rising player. They have some good veteren leadership with Hill, Bo Outlaw and Tony Battie. Turkgolu is a good player.

One thing that intrigues me is that several Magic players have something to prove. Darko to prove he deserved to be near the top of his draft class. He was ripped and criticized by many but worked hard this off-season. Grant Hill to prove that he can come back from injury and contribute. Jameer Nelson the little guy who dropped down in the draft even though he was the college player of the year to prove he should have been taken higher. Best thing Orlando did was get rid of Francis to give Nelson his due. Redick to prove he can be a good NBA player.

I have tickets to see the Magic against the Raptors early next year. Looking forward to the game.

Last edited by huppcap : 10-05-2006 at 12:36 PM.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:35 PM   #2
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

They have potential but I'm not sure how much. They feel like they can keep growing into a team that plays really well as a team, without too much individual domination as far as isolation stuff goes, but I don't know if the sky is the limit

But they're cool to watch because they play good basketball
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 11:26 PM   #3
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

Might not be a superstar, but it isn't often that you see the college player of the year go 20th.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: