Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-03-2007, 02:42 AM   #61
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation
Default Re: Report: Lewis Agrees To Sign With Magic

idk if some1 said this already(don't feel like reading all the posts), but all they gotta do now is trade Hedo to some1 for like 2nd rounders or something, and they can at least sign and trade Darko. Hedo is the key...and they won't be needing him anymore with Lewis
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:47 AM   #62
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan3511
idk if some1 said this already(don't feel like reading all the posts), but all they gotta do now is trade Hedo to some1 for like 2nd rounders or something, and they can at least sign and trade Darko. Hedo is the key...and they won't be needing him anymore with Lewis

Yup....Hedo is key. I think he makes around 6.5 mil this season so that coupled with the little cap room the Magic would have left (assuming they sign Lewis outright) would allow them to give darko 7.5-8 mil per which I think is fair for both parties.

Also, Turkoglu is a sickly dude....every season he comes down with the same "mystery flu". As good a 6th man as he is, you never know when that situation could really become serious.
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:11 AM   #63
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far
Default your opinions on Rashard Lewis

Just wondering what you guys think of when someone says Rashard Lewis.

I mean to me hes not an all-star player, hes just a solid player, I mean he can get you 20 points a night for you...but could he really do anything else?....I just dont think hes anything special...what do you guys think..maybe Im wrong.
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:18 AM   #64
Big One
Local High School Star

Big One has decent reputation
Default Re: your opinions on Rashard Lewis

i kind of agree with you, he can score and that is a large part of the game, but he cannot do many of the other things that include playing defense, rebounding that well for hi height, etc.

overall i think he is a good player but not good enough enough to be getting 15 mil per season especially considering his age which is like around 29 years old.
Big One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:21 AM   #65
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

He's a 8-10 mil a year player IMO. With everyone getting overpayed I guess he had the right to ask for more but Orlando definitely overpayed.
Sometimes you need to overpay to make things better and this does make Orlando better but Lewis isn't all that.

Still, he's a fantastic scorer. At 22 ppg now. If he can average around 22-24 ppg for Orlando, I say it was worth it.
He doesn't do much more but I think he's a great 2nd scorer.

We"ll see how this turns out for Orlando. Although they overpayed, they will get better.

And Lewis doesn't do much but scoring but a guy can score well enough to be a very valuable piece wherever he goes.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:21 AM   #66
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big One
i kind of agree with you, he can score and that is a large part of the game, but he cannot do many of the other things that include playing defense, rebounding that well for hi height, etc.

overall i think he is a good player but not good enough enough to be getting 15 mil per season especially considering his age which is like around 29 years old.

I know man..I was shocked that he got that much...I mean basically your paying for Tim Thomas..they are both the same player.
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:23 AM   #67
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

Hedo is a rashard clone. just so happen that something went wrong w/ the cloning process. they have the same skillset but different consistency.

but they can still sign darko and go over the cap but not over the luxury right? also, would they have an additional MLE?
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:25 AM   #68
Young HkM
Up in the Rafters

Young HkM is considered somewhat coolYoung HkM is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardBullsFan
Just wondering what you guys think of when someone says Rashard Lewis.

I mean to me hes not an all-star player, hes just a solid player, I mean he can get you 20 points a night for you...but could he really do anything else?....I just dont think hes anything special...what do you guys think..maybe Im wrong.

I've watched him his entire career and at this point I think he's pretty overrated.

Good scorer, although his scoring comes in one of three ways; set 3-pointers (very good at them), in the post, and in transition. No midrange game. Pretty streaky, but he's been getting better about that.

In the post he usually has to be pretty deep before he's all that effective, it's usually him overpowering smaller defenders rather than having actual post-moves.

He's an above average ball handler, not the best ball handling 3, but better than a lot. Below average passer.

Sometimes he's passive on offense, I couldn't see him leading a team since he's always been the second banana. He will almost always settle for the jumpshot instead of driving and being aggressive towards the basket.

Defensively he's below average. he's a below average rebounder. It just doesn't seem like something that interests him much. He's had season's where he'll grab 7 a game (almost this season) and he'll have season where he'll only get you 5 (04-05, 05-06.)

That's all I can think of right now

Last edited by Young HkM : 07-03-2007 at 03:27 AM.
Young HkM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:29 AM   #69
Young HkM
Up in the Rafters

Young HkM is considered somewhat coolYoung HkM is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big One

Not quite bro, he's only 27.
Young HkM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:16 AM   #70
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Magic team has absolutely nobody that can score consistently on offense. Howard is a garbage point machine and Hedo is turkish for streaky. IF Lewis is capable of carrying this team on offense heŽll average 27-29 PPG and might almost be worth the money Orlando pays him, kinda like Joe Johnson in Atlanta. One thing is for sure, heŽll be the focus of the opponents defense and heŽll have to prove his worth in Orlando.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:19 AM   #71
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He's like a Manu type player to me. Key in winning a championship, and he can really heat up from 3 point range. I've seen him catch fire and he doesn't stop.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:28 AM   #72
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardBullsFan
I know man..I was shocked that he got that much...I mean basically your paying for Tim Thomas..they are both the same player.

Lewis > TT

better rebounding...
better defence... (although both suck but TT is terrible)
better ability to get to basket...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:45 AM   #73
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

as a sonic fan, i am sad to see 'shard go-- especially not getting anything back for him!

we will probably be moving out of seattle anyway, so indifference is starting to sink into my sonics affection...

i hope he earns his keep there in orlando. i have been a dwight howard fan and i think that they can very much play well together

of course, no player is worth the $$$$ that we pay them. it is all market driven and what can be negotiated-- tony dutt will receive quite a bonus for pulling this off for shard
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:04 AM   #74
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Now The Magic finally have a consistent 20 point scorer. No more Dwight leading the team with 15 points a night. They finally have some offense. Good acquire by the Magic.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:06 AM   #75
det2orl
Good High School Starter

det2orl has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
Letting Darko walk for nothing is worse, because the Magic are not going to have any capspace after this summer anyways because Dwight is getting a maximum extension this summer for 5 year and 80+ million.

If we had been able to keep Darko I wouldn't be as upset because we wouldn't have any foreseeable capspace anyways. But considering we had to let Darko walk to make it happen, how ****ing dumb is that? ****ing bull****.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on it. I hate the deal. I hope he continues his visits and changes his mind and decides he wants to be in NY or something.

Not even trying to get anything for Darko is actually worse. They could at least explore some sign and trade options with any team that signs him to an offer sheet.

This really sucks. Who is our PF now? Does this mean that they plan on keeping Bo Outlaw and Pat Garrity? Oh dear lord this sucks. Plus they more than likely aren't going to re-sign Grant either.
det2orl is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: