Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-03-2007, 12:34 PM   #91
Kujo
National High School Star

Default Re: Report: Lewis Agrees To Sign With Magic

Lewis not worth the 75 mil max deal. The Magic definitely overpaid Lewis. That being said, he will help them, and with the Magic finally having a good coach, they should be better next season. Howard should get more than 11 FGA per game with Van Gundy as the coach (should jump to 15-20 per game). They just a need a good PG, and another player or two. They can't just let Darko walk. If they manage to get Gerald Wallace, look out.

The Magic will be nuts of they play Rashard at the 4. He'll get into constant foul trouble, and they'll get killed on the glass. Can you imagine Rashard trying to guard Chris Bosh?
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:42 PM   #92
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Default Re: your opinions on Rashard Lewis

When someone says Rashard Lewis, I think of a ***** who couldn't play in the playoffs because of an owie toe.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:53 PM   #93
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Magic/Sonics are already working on some S&T options

Quote:
Orlando can only sign Lewis to a five-year contract, while Seattle could sign Lewis to a six-year deal. Dutt said the Magic and Seattle are in discussions about a sign-and-trade deal that would give Lewis that sixth-year, help Orlando clear some salary and give Seattle something in return.

I think the $75mil figure that came out is assuming 6 years (putting him closer to 12mil a year, not 15mil. At least I hope so anyway :

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4939905.html
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:20 PM   #94
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig
Hedo is a rashard clone. just so happen that something went wrong w/ the cloning process. they have the same skillset but different consistency.

but they can still sign darko and go over the cap but not over the luxury right? also, would they have an additional MLE?

Hedo hasn't been good ever since he left Sac which is why the Spurs got rid of him
Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:30 PM   #95
Markarian
I brick open layups

I have to agree if this is true, and it seems it is this is the dumbest move Otis has ever made and it really takes the franchise back 5 years.
Why not wait for Agent Zero next year...
Markarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:46 PM   #96
hoopslife
I hit open 5-footers

They won't have cap space next summer because Howard is signing a max contract extension this summer.
hoopslife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:04 PM   #97
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young HkM
I feel like people don't understand how grossly overrated Rashard Lewis is.

But 5 years $75M? No way he'll miss Seattle's weather with all that money. He'll be able to make it rain for a very long time.

He is grossly overrated, however he happens to be something that makes the armchair coaches drool profusely:

Size + shooting.

GMs will always overpay you if you're over 6'9" and can shoot the ball. They don't care how slow, lazy, inept on defense, injury prone, mentally haywire, or useless you truly are, as long as you are big and can shoot.

I think a lot of teams are looking at Rashard like he'd be a real nice fit as a modern-era power forward. Still big enough to bang inside and grab rebounds, but with good to great range on their jumper. Unfortunately, Rashard probably would've been better off had he been a 6'4" player instead of 6'10" player. He's still got some serious talent, but he's just not a max player. He's just not worth it, no matter how much he himself thinks he is. It's annoying to me that someone would overpay him that much, because all it does is justify his ignorance and his arrogance about what he thinks he's worth.

Everyone always talks about awful contracts? This is one of them. Wait five years and revisit this deal. See if you think it was worth it. I personally guarantee the answer will be "no".
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:29 PM   #98
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

Quote:
Orlando And Seattle May Do Sign-And-Trade
July 3, 2007 - 1:23 pm
Globe And Mail -
Rashard Lewis agreed to a "maximum contract" with the Magic, his agent Tony Dutt said Tuesday.

Lewis made the decision late Monday night after meeting with Magic officials in Orlando.

"He had a comfort and a gut feeling and he feels they have a championship core, and that's what he wants to do is win a championship," Dutt said.

The terms of the deal are still being worked out. He's expected to receive a deal in the range of $15 million per season. The Magic wouldn't comment Tuesday, citing league rules that an agreement cannot be announced until July 11.

Orlando can only sign Lewis to a five-year contract, while Seattle could sign Lewis to a six-year deal. Dutt said the Magic and Seattle are in discussions about a sign-and-trade deal that would give Lewis that sixth-year, help Orlando clear some salary and give Seattle something in return.

"That he's going to Orlando doesn't change the fact that he had good years in Seattle," Dutt said.

Lewis opted out of the final two years of his contract with Seattle in late May, leaving behind a guaranteed $21 million.

loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:30 PM   #99
ElPigto
*****istrator

I read that Lewis thinks Magic have a championship core.

What a load of crap, he should just come out and say it, I came here for the money. Magic aren't any closer to being extremely better than last year and they only got the 8th seed. Somehow Lewis is days dreaming that the Magic have a championship core in place.

Quote:
"He had a comfort and a gut feeling and he feels they have a championship core, and that's what he wants to do is win a championship," Dutt said.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:56 PM   #100
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

I still can't believe they overpaid shard. He's good, but he's not that good.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:17 PM   #101
aahhsin
Banned

Default lewis a max player

man what is this NBA coming to.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:18 PM   #102
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Default Re: lewis a max player

A one time all-star going into his 9th season shouldn't be a max-player. He's very good though.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:19 PM   #103
Mad Max
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
man what is this NBA coming to.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48122
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:21 PM   #104
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

Orlando might have chomped at the bit a little here. Not sure offering the max was necessary to land him.

Oh well. Orlando can rest assured that someone will probably overpay for Darko.
CakeorDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:22 PM   #105
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Yeah I really don't understand some of the deals that have happened so far.

Kapono got 6 mil too.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: