Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-03-2007, 01:05 AM   #31
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: East is powering up....

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters
good question. I think the improvement goes in this order.

Celtics (by default)
Knicks
Magic
Cats

I think:

Celtics/Magic (tie)
Bobcats
Knicks

People thought Francis & Marbs would fight for the ball....wait till they get a load of Zach!
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:07 AM   #32
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps
So who will help their respective team the most?

Randolph - Knicks
Allen - Celtics
Lewis - Magic
JRich - Cats
allen with the celtics seems to be the best move out there... it will definetly help pierce and with jeffersons improment they should be definetly be stronger next year...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:07 AM   #33
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

Quote:
I think:

Celtics/Magic (tie)
Bobcats
Knicks
If we're talking in terms of improvement of their 06' 07 records, remember

Orlando = 40-42
Boston = 24-48 there's nowhere to go but up
Charlotte = 33-49
Knicks = 33-49
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:16 AM   #34
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
If we're talking in terms of improvement of their 06' 07 records, remember

Orlando = 40-42
Boston = 24-48 there's nowhere to go but up
Charlotte = 33-49
Knicks = 33-49

Good point, but in Orlando's case I'm also taking into consideration their considerable upgrade in coaching. SVG will put a good team out there....I would say maybe 45 wins.

But as you get higher up in the standings, you can't look at raw win totals...it's all exponential.

A team like boston who won 24 games might win 40 the next which is a great step in the right direction but i think it's a lot harder to break yourself from the middle of the pack and into 45-50 win territory than it is to distance yourself from the bottom feeders and into mediocrity.

Just my opinion.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:23 AM   #35
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

Quote:
Good point, but in Orlando's case I'm also taking into consideration their considerable upgrade in coaching. SVG will put a good team out there....I would say maybe 45 wins.

But as you get higher up in the standings, you can't look at raw win totals...it's all exponential.

A team like boston who won 24 games might win 40 the next which is a great step in the right direction but i think it's a lot harder to break yourself from the middle of the pack and into 45-50 win territory than it is to distance yourself from the bottom feeders and into mediocrity.

Just my opinion.

Oh i see what your saying. Not in terms of who improves more but who has a better record right?
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:33 AM   #36
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Quote:
Oh i see what your saying. Not in terms of who improves more but who has a better record right?

I guess you can look at it like an SAT score.

It's pretty simple to raise your score from something awful like 900 to a respectable 1050 if you study a lot.

But it's a lot more difficult for someone to go from a 1450 to a 1500 even though the score margin is less.

I guess that makes sense

But in the case of professional sports, it's one thing to go from bottom-feeder to mediocre (around .500) because basically what the team has probably done is stopped losing to bad teams and started beating other mediocre teams.

Whereas teams that go from .500 to 50+ wins are going to have to beat quite a few elite teams along the way to get there.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:01 AM   #37
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
I don't know what you're talking about, by far the 2 best names that you mentioned are going to the West, West still wins out. and don't kid yourself, Randolph will add nothing to the Knicks.

I'm not sure we can say that. Inspite of all his off court problems, Randolph played great basketball last year. We need to wait until we've seen him in a Knicks uniform to see how he will fit in and how he will perform.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:52 PM   #38
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

luigi>mario has an OK reputation so far

The east really needs to get things together so the NBA finals, the series that actually gets network coverage out to the average mainsteam fan instead of the message board cable channel fan, are more legitimate and return to the NBA fan base. The only alternative is to reseed the playoffs which is a sad option.

As it has been said about playoff teams, the top half west teams would beat the top couple east teams, just look at their superior records with more games against superior competition.

While there has been some movement to the east, lets look at some speculative all star candidates for each position. IMO the talent pool is pretty even at the all star contender level.

Nash, Davis, CP, D. Williams, Parker, Terry, Bibby(could move)
Arenas, Kidd(could move), Billups(could move), Marbury, M. Williams, Miller, Hinrich

Bryant, Mcgrady, AI, Martin, Ginobili, Roy
Wade, Redd, Johnson, Hamilton, Carter, Allen

Marion, Anthony, Howard, Artest, Odom
Lebron, Prince, Iguodala, Pierce, Wallace, Lewis

Garnett(could move), Duncan, Nowitski, Boozer, Brand, Gasol, Stoudemire
Bosh, Okarfor, Oneal, Jefferson, Randolf, Wallace,

Ming, Camby, Okur
Wallace, Ilgauskus, Chandler, O'neal, Howard, Curry

BUT! The chemistry and starters depth in the West is the key. The west just has more complete teams that are built up to win games. In addition, certain talents shine out more in the east against weaker competition.
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:54 PM   #39
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Kidd(could move),
He will not move this season.
Quote:
Billups(could move),
Reached a deal with the Pistons.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:00 PM   #40
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

People thought Francis & Marbs would fight for the ball....wait till they get a load of Zach!

Dude stop making shyt up, that never happened.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:00 PM   #41
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

the east are supersaiyans
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:01 PM   #42
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Dude stop making shyt up, that never happened.

What never happened?

You're telling me that wasn't the talk around here as soon as Francis was traded to NY?

It was the butt of every joke.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:02 PM   #43
basketballer4
Sweaty ti.ts

basketballer4 is considered somewhat coolbasketballer4 is considered somewhat coolbasketballer4 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6

That was reported false.
basketballer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:02 PM   #44
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperboyXX0018
The Pistons can't beat the Jazz or Mavs? The Cavs can't beat the Jazz or Mavs?

nope...Both would destroy the cavs.

Yes, it is all about match-ups and the jazz and the mavs are horrible match-ups for the cavs/

Last edited by Hawker : 07-03-2007 at 09:04 PM.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:06 PM   #45
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

luigi>mario has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6

I heard Billups' agent nixed that deal
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: