Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-03-2007, 11:25 AM   #16
bjtrdff
Darrick Martin's Coach

bjtrdff has decent reputationbjtrdff has decent reputation
Default Re: Derek Fisher Leaves Jazz to Care For Daughter

Derek Fisher is as classy as they come.

I remember after the Lakers lost to Detorit in 2004, the only person that they interviews was Fisher, who didn't moan or complain or cry.

I almost laughed when I read the end of his interview, where he talked about how he only averaged 10 points, and how he didn't think anyone would care that much about signing him.

Literally EVERY single team in the league could use a guy like Derek Fisher. Hopefully everything goes well with his family and we see him back in the league.

Props to the Jazz owner for letting him out too. Hes always seemed to be a crazy old jerk before, but this is a pretty classy move on his part.
bjtrdff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:26 AM   #17
bail
Serious playground baller

bail has an OK reputation so far

Props to him.Fisher is a great guy.
bail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:38 AM   #18
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If the Jazz released him, won't they still have to pay him that 21 million?
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:43 AM   #19
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

CakeorDeath has decent reputation

Quote:
If the Jazz released him, won't they still have to pay him that 21 million?

No. His salary comes right off the books.

Good luck, Fish, and thanks for everything.
CakeorDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:53 AM   #20
Duck Rodgers

Duck Rodgers has an OK reputation so far

This topic would be more interesting if Derek Fisher was actually good....then it would have left a Carlos Boozer/Cleveland like ripple effect through Salt Lake City. Obviously, different situations...but the fans in Utah are actually glad to see Derek Fisher erase his bloated contract. Sounds like a win-win from every angle.
Duck Rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:05 PM   #21
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

FashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Rodgers
This topic would be more interesting if Derek Fisher was actually good....then it would have left a Carlos Boozer/Cleveland like ripple effect through Salt Lake City. Obviously, different situations...but the fans in Utah are actually glad to see Derek Fisher erase his bloated contract. Sounds like a win-win from every angle.
you're despicable. fisher has been an intricate piece in all the franchises he's played for. an exceptional shooter but also cherished playing defense. he was key in the playoffs when the warriors were showing resurgence against utah. derek flushed them out with dagger after dagger. he is a great leader and unselfish. true, maybe he is not worth the 21 mil but if he could walk away from it then you know he is not about the money either. great guy. i know he is not done playing. he takes good care of himself and i will not be surprised if he puts on another uniform somewhere in mid season.
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:05 PM   #22
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

Quote:
but the fans in Utah are actually glad to see Derek Fisher erase his bloated contract. Sounds like a win-win from every angle.

Speak for yourself. I personally think the Jazz just got a big problem. Players like Fish are not easily replaceable.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:21 PM   #23
Duck Rodgers

Duck Rodgers has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeorDeath
Speak for yourself. I personally think the Jazz just got a big problem. Players like Fish are not easily replaceable.

Right....because you probably don't read the Realgm Jazz site.... ESPN Jazz site....Jazzfanz.com....or any other Jazz related message boards? I'm sure you do....and I'm clearly speaking for Jazz fans if fan reaction can be guage. They feel bad for his family....but it's not a situation where anybody is freaking out that Derek Fisher is leaving. Hell...besides his moment of 'heroism'....which did make the playoffs more interesting....his biggest contribution to the Jazz was stalling the development of our young talent....and everybody knew it. D-Fish pretty much admitted it himself during the season. Anyway, it's okay to vote for Ralph Nader...just nobody gives a ****....because you were wrong for doing so....you obviously have bad judgement.

Last edited by Duck Rodgers : 07-03-2007 at 12:23 PM.
Duck Rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:31 PM   #24
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

Quote:
Right....because you probably don't read the Realgm Jazz site.... ESPN Jazz site....Jazzfanz.com....or any other Jazz related message boards?

Actually I read them all, including several other Jazz sites, including the ones at thescoreboards.com and nba.theinsiders.com. Plus, I've been listening to local Jazz radio pretty much since the announcement was made. So I think I can say without reservation that except for a few total morons and insensitive pr!cks, Jazz fans have been concerned for Fisher's family and hopeful (not "glad") that the Jazz might be able to make something good come out of an otherwise regrettable situation.

Anybody who actually knows what they are talking about knows how valuable Derek Fisher has been to every single team he has played on. If you think the Jazz are better off without him, you are sorely mistaken. But that's the great thing about message boards; if you ever put your foot in your mouth so completely that you can't get it out, you can always create a new user name and start fresh. A sort of tabula rasa, you know?
Old 07-03-2007, 12:51 PM   #25
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

Quote:
Players like Fish are not easily replaceable.

Yes they are. He's a decent player, nothing more. You can find those guys for the MLE or less every single year.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:54 PM   #26
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

Quote:
Yes they are. He's a decent player, nothing more. You can find those guys for the MLE or less every single year.

On court talent, sure. Locker room presence, leadership, championship experience, character, etc., not so easily.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:44 PM   #27
Wicked_1
Great young streetballer

Wicked_1 has an OK reputation so far

good luck to him.....the league needs more playersl like him. he definately represents the league well and also as the president of the players association.
Wicked_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:45 PM   #28
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Do the Nets have a chance to get him?
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:56 PM   #29
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPower

not really. he is one of the best defensive PGs in the league... and a clutch playoff performer. Name one UFA PG that is as good defensively? Not Blake. No Mo Williams, who is a much better offensive player. Other than that???
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:49 PM   #30
Mad Max
I hit open layups

Mad Max has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
Source : AOL.

He walked away from 21 mil. because he has his priorities straight. I salute Derek Fisher.

Derek Fisher always had his priorties straight. I didnt need to hear about this or his 2nd half apperance in the playoffs. Why? He's consistently been a stand up, respectable, role model (esp for males) year after year.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: