Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-03-2007, 12:32 AM   #1
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool
Default Arenas: It's A Small World After All

http://www.nba.com/blog/gilbert_arenas.html

It's a Small World After All
Posted by Gilbert Arenas on July 2 2007, 9:19 p.m. ET

Woooo! That's two good looking people. I should have been a twin.
David Dow/NBAE/Getty Images

Welcome to the Wizards, Nick Young
Itís a small world man. My dad coached Nick Young when he played AAU ball during the summer when he was in high school. Heís from where I grew up. He went to Cleveland High, I went to Grant. Itís funny, the same coach that recruited me to go to Grant ended up getting a job with USC and recruited Nick to go to the Trojans. Heís a really talented kid and heís that scorer we needed, so Iím excited to have him come play with us.

Back from Vacation
Iím really serious when I say this: Iím trying to buy an island.

Diana Ross has one. You know, if you look at property in the states, if you look at my house, I paid $2 million for it and then thereís an island for $1 million. Iím like, ďWoah, I have to buy an island.Ē

Iím really looking into that.

Otherwise, Iím doing good. Iím doing a 90-day trial period diet up until when training camp rolls around. Iím drinking water and eating salads and lean meats. Iím trying to get cut and ripped and get healthy. This is the new year.

I know I said was was afraid of the stingrays and sharks, but I actually got into the water with sharks on my vacation. I was swimming every morning with them. They were little 3-foot long sharks called blackheads. The locals said nobody has ever been bitten by a shark, there havenít been any shark attacks, you know theyíre not aggressive sharks.

So I was like, ďAll right, let me go in and give it a try.Ē But that was after Iíd seen little kids in there swimming already, then I knew I could go in. I wasnít going to be the first one in, thatís for sure.

Thoughts on Kobe
During vaction, mostly I just relaxed. I read a little bit, you know, hung out by the beach and then I came back to the states and I was like, ďDamn, everyoneís getting traded!Ē I was on a trade rumor, a trade of me for Kobe and I was like, ďWoah, whatís going on? Iím being traded?!Ē

I guess he really wants out of L.A., huh? Are the L.A. fans happy about this? Itís basically ďhe said, she said,Ē and youíre going to leave a city that embraced you because of ďhe said, she saidĒ? I mean, I just think itís a bunch of hocus pocus.

I mean, Shaq leaves, Phil Jackson leaves and now you want out? You know, I grew up an L.A. fan and as a fan of L.A. I donít know what to feel like. Iím like, ďNow wait a minute, you want to leave now?Ē Iím thinking as a fan, not a player. Wait a minute, I bought the 24 collection, you know? He signed 24 jerseys: 24 white, 24 purple, 24 yellow. I got all three colors. Iím a fan! I came back and itís like, ďDamn, he wants to leave no matter what?Ē

Any team he goes to, theyíre going to have to get rid of a whole team to accommodate him. So heís going to be most likely be in a worse situation than he was before. Thatís how I look at it.

But with KG, I think itís a great move to get into a bigger market. Heís been averaging 20 and 10 for the longest and people donít recognize it like they should have.

I Was Named of the 50 Best Latino Athletes
I donít speak any Spanish, but I have Cuban in my blood. My grandparents were Cuban. Iíll take it. Iíll take Top 50 beautiful something, I donít care what it is.

Interesting Hair Cuts
What are my teammates doing with their hair? First Andray Blatche gets the Anthony Mason cut, and now I hear DeShawn Stevenson has a mohawk. Itís like, ďWhat are you doing?Ē You have that much time on your hands that you go to the barber and say, ďCan you carve in all this stuff into the back of my head?Ē I donít have that kind of time. If they want to go outside looking silly, let them look silly.

Loving NBA LIVE
I played NBA LIVE í08 against Kevin Durant and I lost bad. I sucked. It was the first time I played it though. I didnít play í07, I didnít play í06, I didnít play í05. After a while I thought that it wasnít getting better so I became a 2K fan. But then the people at EA Sports came and told me they wanted to make the game better, I came on board because my first basketball game was NBA LIVE í95. So once they started getting out of character it was like they werenít progressing with the game so I became a 2K fan and then now Iím back to LIVE and I think all the 2K fans are going to come back to LIVE again because theyíre going to see they made progress. Itís a lot smoother. Itís not as choppy as it used to be. Itís realer now. Itís not like, ďOh, this is fake. That doesnít happen.Ē Thatís all you used to say. You canít say that now.

Odds and Ends
If you got your Gil Zero or Agent Zero jersey that wasnít signed I want you to call this number: 202-369-7156. Her name is Sasha Jones and she is the lady who was supposed to make sure everything that got sent out was perfect. So, blow her phone up. Please. She will ask you to email her a digital picture of the item that wasnít signed along with the packaging and receipt it came with to verify that you got it from GilsArena.com.

I just signed a four-year deal with Spalding. Me and Greg Oden. Itís commercials, product spots, etc. I am the ďIt BoyĒ of í08 now. Oh, and I changed next season to The Sequel to The Takeover Reloaded because I didnít get to finish last year the right way, I got hurt. So watch out for The Takeover Reloaded.
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:37 AM   #2
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Default Re: Arenas: It's A Small World After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Who want to vist Island Arenas.

i'll be on the first flight there
Old 07-03-2007, 12:42 AM   #3
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_Zero
Thoughts on Kobe
During vaction, mostly I just relaxed. I read a little bit, you know, hung out by the beach and then I came back to the states and I was like, ďDamn, everyoneís getting traded!Ē I was on a trade rumor, a trade of me for Kobe and I was like, ďWoah, whatís going on? Iím being traded?!Ē

Quote:
I donít speak any Spanish, but I have Cuban in my blood. My grandparents were Cuban. Iíll take it. Iíll take Top 50 beautiful something, I donít care what it is.

In other news, Michael Jackson has been named one of Asians to 50 celebs

Quote:
Loving NBA LIVE
I played NBA LIVE í08 against Kevin Durant and I lost bad. I sucked. It was the first time I played it though. I didnít play í07, I didnít play í06, I didnít play í05. After a while I thought that it wasnít getting better so I became a 2K fan. But then the people at EA Sports came and told me they wanted to make the game better, I came on board because my first basketball game was NBA LIVE í95. So once they started getting out of character it was like they werenít progressing with the game so I became a 2K fan and then now Iím back to LIVE and I think all the 2K fans are going to come back to LIVE again because theyíre going to see they made progress. Itís a lot smoother. Itís not as choppy as it used to be. Itís realer now. Itís not like, ďOh, this is fake. That doesnít happen.Ē Thatís all you used to say. You canít say that now.
Yeah right.

Quote:
I just signed a four-year deal with Spalding. Me and Greg Oden. Itís commercials, product spots, etc. I am the ďIt BoyĒ of í08 now. Oh, and I changed next season to The Sequel to The Takeover Reloaded because I didnít get to finish last year the right way, I got hurt. So watch out for The Takeover Reloaded.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:43 AM   #4
Big One
Local High School Star

Big One has decent reputation

just curious, but is arenas married?
Big One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:06 AM   #5
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Woooo! That's two good looking people. I should have been a twin.
David Dow/NBAE/Getty Images

Did you see the picture that goes with?
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:13 AM   #6
apriorist
High School Starter

apriorist has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big One
just curious, but is arenas married?

I don't think so, but he's got two (recent) kids.
apriorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:48 AM   #7
geeWiz15
Quality Postsô

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
he’s that scorer we needed
you hear that guys? it turns out all we needed all along was a scorer.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:56 AM   #8
td21spurs
I brick open layups

td21spurs has an OK reputation so far

An all star player - salads, and a $2 million house. u'd think he's living like a king in a castle. j/k of course. i like Gil he seems like an ordinary guy, who likes to talk a lot. and very open minded. : : :
td21spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:18 PM   #9
shake N bake
Serious playground baller

shake N bake has no real reputation yet.

ur not gilbert arenas stop acting like him : :)
shake N bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:49 PM   #10
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

He has Mark Cuban in his blood... geesshhh skeary!
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:53 PM   #11
Young HkM
Up in the Rafters

Young HkM is popular on this boardYoung HkM is popular on this boardYoung HkM is popular on this boardYoung HkM is popular on this board

Quote:

haha i love that dude (nh). He always has me dyin.
Young HkM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:37 PM   #12
shok
Decent playground baller

shok has an OK reputation so far

you're a stud, gil.
shok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:56 PM   #13
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shake N bake
ur not gilbert arenas stop acting like him : :)

your not a can of mix stop acting like it
Old 07-03-2007, 09:10 PM   #14
Borat
very niiice

Borat has an OK reputation so far

I have sexy link for Agent Zero fanclub

http://www.esquire.com/features/ESQ1106gilbert
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:26 PM   #15
foutz
Banned

foutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

gilberts arenas of great friend to me
we have play many game and poker sometime
he teach of how to shoot in game of basketball to age 8
foutz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: