Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-03-2007, 07:24 PM   #16
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: the best beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Moosehead
Staropramen
Zywiec
Carlsberg
Alexander Keith's
Becks

All decent.
fixed
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:36 PM   #17
dudeguykid
High school junior varsity star

dudeguykid has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
Have you had Honey Moon? It's the Blue Moon summer seasonal ale and it is fantastic. I think it's better than the original.
i havent actually. i dont see blue moon often here in LA. next time i see it ill give it a shot.

I forgot about yuengling! Its really cheap but I like it. Whenever im on the east coast thats my beer of choice.
dudeguykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:39 PM   #18
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

FashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Oh, so you perfer watered down urine instead?
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:39 PM   #19
dudeguykid

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
heres a news flash for you. If it comes in clear or green glass its not good beer since the breweryt didnt even care enough to protect their product from sun damage that denatures the alcohol and ruins the compounds that give a beer flovor. Also if you have to put a slice of fruit in it, its not a good beer (not on the level of the truly good beers). For these reasons, Heini Can, Dos X, etc cannot be the best beer.

Dont the beers get packaged in boxes, then shipped inside of a truck, then carried into the sunless store and put in a cooler?
Old 07-03-2007, 07:40 PM   #20
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
i expected fools like lebron23 to put up bud but cmon primetim, lonestar and pearl taste better than that ****.

The original question is too broad to really be answered (since beer comes in so many varied forms). Are we talking top fermented or bottom fermented? Do bitters count? What about malt liquor (like Carlsberg's Elephant or the schwill soristitutes drink)?

Guinness is a very solid stout, topped in my mind only by Guinness Foreign export (7.9% abv instead of 2.9%), Mackesons Triple Stout and Sammy Smiths Oatmeal stout.

Most nationally distributed american "microbrews" are good but overrated, with some exceptions such as Anchor Steam

The best beers in the world are the belgian lambics and trippels. I also enjoy Caffrey's Irish Cream Ale (no longer imported into the US since the makers of Killians [coors I think] bought the rights and stopped importing it since it competed with that red colored american lager crap), Old Speckled Hen, and the occasional Warsteiner, Spatten, Mardsiou (sp?) and many othe rfine fine brews.

As far as American Lagers go, Strohs, PBR, Schlitz (the beer not the malt liquor), Lonestar, etc are all as good or significantly better than the big dogs (bud, miller, coors) while being cheaper. Fools who drink american brand beer tend to be the most undereducated beer drinkers out there. When I go american lager I do it right. Michelob may be the one exception to that rule and ever since they quite making Michelob Dry I have been sad

I drink liquer....but when I do drink beer I want a regular beer. Bud Light is the best selling beer for a reason.

I can drink a guiness or a bass every now and then but after one or two I get sick of that crap and just want a regular beer...I am not into all those micro breweries that put fu-ckin cherries or rassberries or what the hell ever in the beer...I want my beer to be beer, and Budweiser makes a great beer imo.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:42 PM   #21
dudeguykid

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
I drink liquer....but when I do drink beer I want a regular beer. Bud Light is the best selling beer for a reason.

I can drink a guiness or a bass every now and then but after one or two I get sick of that crap and just want a regular beer...I am not into all those micro breweries that put fu-ckin cherries or rassberries or what the hell ever in the beer...I want my beer to be beer, and Budweiser makes a great beer imo.

Shiner Bock is my beerof choice when im in texas. Give that one a shot if you havent yet.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:42 PM   #22
-primetime-

Quote:
Oh, so you perfer watered down urine instead?
if that is what you want to call it...

I m sure you look really cool with your gay ass honey moon summer seasonal ale...but I am a bud man
Old 07-03-2007, 07:44 PM   #23
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeguykid
Shiner Bock is my beerof choice when im in texas. Give that one a shot if you havent yet.
Shiner is good...but it still gets old after 2 or 3 of them....then I want my budweiser
Old 07-03-2007, 07:45 PM   #24
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
if that is what you want to call it...

I m sure you look really cool with your gay ass honey moon summer seasonal ale...but I am a bud man

Honey Moon is gay ass? What does that even mean? And yes, I do look really cool drinking it when my wine coolers run out.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:49 PM   #25
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

FashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

they don't do that my friend. who told you that? you are not a corneseour of dark beer and i can understand your irrational views. you base your choice on how beer sells. bud should sell where it is made this is america. but if you came at a party with that bud light sh*t you'd straight up get clowned.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:50 PM   #26
-primetime-

Quote:
Honey Moon is gay ass? What does that even mean? And yes, I do look really cool drinking it when my wine coolers run out.
well is there honey in it? if so then it is gay and you might as well be drinking a wine cooler.

when I want a coffee I want a regular coffee...not a MOCA-FRAPPA-COCO-WALNUT-CHINO

when I want a beer I want a regular beer...not a HONEY MOON SUMMER SEASONAL ALE
Old 07-03-2007, 07:57 PM   #27
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionIssues
they don't do that my friend. who told you that? you are not a corneseour of dark beer and i can understand your irrational views. you base your choice on how beer sells. bud should sell where it is made this is america. but if you came at a party with that bud light sh*t you'd straight up get clowned.

what?...have you ever been to a kegger?...BUD LIGHT

bud is the highest selling beer in the world my man...it is at parties everywhere....wtf are you talking about? Have you ever been to a party in your life?....you think that a college frat parties they bust out cases of honey moon? lol

and yes they do put crap like that in thier beer

Old 07-03-2007, 08:06 PM   #28
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Honey Brown, Killians, NewCastle, and Heineken are my fav.

I can do the whole Budweiser/Bud Light thing, but no way in H ELL will I ever put Natty Light into my body *gag*
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:10 PM   #29
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

Quote:
what?...have you ever been to a kegger?...BUD LIGHT

bud is the highest selling beer in the world my man...it is at parties everywhere....wtf are you talking about? Have you ever been to a party in your life?....you think that a college frat parties they bust out cases of honey moon? lol

and yes they do put crap like that in thier beer

those are definitely not the beers i had in mind. who ever drinks that crap is bltch made and should be stripped of their manhood.

but ok. bud light , miller etc. is definitely a cheap choice where alcohol is consumed heavily - ie frat parties or what have you. especially if you are talking about kegs. then yes, those types or beer are best for those situations. but don't tell me you do the same at bars and clubs. you wouldn't go for quality?
Old 07-03-2007, 08:15 PM   #30
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Have you had Honey Moon? It's the Blue Moon summer seasonal ale and it is fantastic. I think it's better than the original.

Hmm, I've never tried that, sounds good. I'm a big fan of Blue Moon too. My beer of choice if I had to choose.

"but I'm too manly to try something like that. give me bud light. I'll look so much cooler"
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: