Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-03-2007, 08:47 PM   #31
-primetime-

Default Re: the best beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionIssues
those are definitely not the beers i had in mind. who ever drinks that crap is bltch made and should be stripped of their manhood.

but ok. bud light , miller etc. is definitely a cheap choice where alcohol is consumed heavily - ie frat parties or what have you. especially if you are talking about kegs. then yes, those types or beer are best for those situations. but don't tell me you do the same at bars and clubs. you wouldn't go for quality?
there isn't a bar or club in the usa that doesn't have budweiser on tap...budweiser's quality is perfectly fine...you act as though it is lower class or something. It isn't natural light or milwakee's best or malt liquer dude....there is nothing at all wrong with budweiser....

when you go to a sporting event it is usually the only beer they even have available, bud, coors, and miller.

to me if someone is drinking a heinken and they think that skunk ass beer makes them look high society then they are fools.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:50 PM   #32
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I can understand getting budweiser at a sporting event/bar/party. However, if you have TONS of beer to choose from, why woudl you choose bud? I mean, it's ok, but there is really nothing special about the beer itself. It's an american status symbol, much like Chevrolet, apple pie, etc.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:53 PM   #33
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
Hmm, I've never tried that, sounds good. I'm a big fan of Blue Moon too. My beer of choice if I had to choose.

"but I'm too manly to try something like that. give me bud light. I'll look so much cooler"
too manly for guiness?

isn't that the stuff that puts hair on your chest?

to me it is the guiness drinkers that are trying to look manly, the heinikan drinkers that are trying to look rich, and the micro-brew drinkers trying to look sofisticated.

when it comes down to it, if you could only choose one beer to drink the rest of your life, you would choose a beer like bud, coors, or miller. because that other stuff gets old.

and of the non-regular beers, pauliner is the best. I spent my youth working at a beer store. I know what the f im talking about.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:57 PM   #34
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I can understand getting budweiser at a sporting event/bar/party. However, if you have TONS of beer to choose from, why woudl you choose bud? I mean, it's ok, but there is really nothing special about the beer itself. It's an american status symbol, much like Chevrolet, apple pie, etc.
ok...every now and then I will order a black and tan or a new castle....but just one....then I just want beer.

I want my beer to taste like beer...I don't really like my beer all tricked out.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:02 PM   #35
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

coors light...corona...
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:25 PM   #36
gb8
Extra Cheese

gb8 has an OK reputation so far

I find guiness too heavy to drink regularly. As wussy as it sounds i like drinking carona extra easy to drink refreshing enough. Anyone had redbull and guiness?
gb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:50 PM   #37
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default fav beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
i expected fools like lebron23 to put up bud but cmon primetim, lonestar and pearl taste better than that ****.

The original question is too broad to really be answered (since beer comes in so many varied forms). Are we talking top fermented or bottom fermented? Do bitters count? What about malt liquor (like Carlsberg's Elephant or the schwill soristitutes drink)?

Guinness is a very solid stout, topped in my mind only by Guinness Foreign export (7.9% abv instead of 2.9%), Mackesons Triple Stout and Sammy Smiths Oatmeal stout.

Most nationally distributed american "microbrews" are good but overrated, with some exceptions such as Anchor Steam

The best beers in the world are the belgian lambics and trippels. I also enjoy Caffrey's Irish Cream Ale (no longer imported into the US since the makers of Killians [coors I think] bought the rights and stopped importing it since it competed with that red colored american lager crap), Old Speckled Hen, and the occasional Warsteiner, Spatten, Mardsiou (sp?) and many othe rfine fine brews.

As far as American Lagers go, Strohs, PBR, Schlitz (the beer not the malt liquor), Lonestar, etc are all as good or significantly better than the big dogs (bud, miller, coors) while being cheaper. Fools who drink american brand beer tend to be the most undereducated beer drinkers out there. When I go american lager I do it right. Michelob may be the one exception to that rule and ever since they quite making Michelob Dry I have been sad

i was actually thinking "favorite beer" more than best. i am no expert...

that oatmeal stout is great stuff-- i havent had it in a few years
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 11:30 AM   #38
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default seattle beer

i would be remiss if i didnt mention a local beer from yesteryear-- rainier

not a great beer-- but fresh

we used to call it our "vitamin r"

it isnt brewed in seattle anymore
Old 07-04-2007, 11:40 AM   #39
Chrono90
Local High School Star

Chrono90 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Shot with DCR-TRV33E at 2007-07-04

this is the besttttttttttttttt
Chrono90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:10 PM   #40
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Not necesarily my favorites but i drink Iron City and Rolling Rock a lot just because they are local. I had some Sam Adams Summer Ale a couple days ago and it was very good.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:42 PM   #41
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

Fat Tire
Shiner Bock
Duvel
Stella
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:57 PM   #42
DieHardCeltics
I brick open layups

DieHardCeltics has an OK reputation so far

ha...oh man who the hell argues about beer? why do some people here expect and want people to like the beer you do....they make all diff. types because people like diff things..........i only drink beer and most of the time its a nice cold corona....its refreshing and its a relaxing beer......and if i feel like having some water ill have a coors light....thats some good watered down beer man lol
DieHardCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:11 PM   #43
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardCeltics
ha...oh man who the hell argues about beer? why do some people here expect and want people to like the beer you do....they make all diff. types because people like diff things..........i only drink beer and most of the time its a nice cold corona....its refreshing and its a relaxing beer......and if i feel like having some water ill have a coors light....thats some good watered down beer man lol
you do apparently

don't act like you're too good for coors
Old 07-04-2007, 03:47 PM   #44
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I like the occasional Kronenbourg. I don't to drink that much, maybe 1 or 2 beers a week usually only on Friday or Saturday.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:42 AM   #45
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Default the beer in u.k. and germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
I like the occasional Kronenbourg. I don't to drink that much, maybe 1 or 2 beers a week usually only on Friday or Saturday.
are you from the u.k.?

what do you german guys like best?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: